Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1989 325ix Restore!!

My Cars
    A BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by davey101 View Post

wow!! thats is genuinely the BEST ix i have ever seen, i mean, you pretty much have a brand new e30!! everything is perfect on it, the body and the interior, and if you got that sport 2900 engine you were talking about . all you need now is sports seats and 13 button obc and you have the ultimate ix. congrats on the amazing work, and amazing car. i HAVE to see that thing in person at the next car meet or what not. is it finished? what other plans to have for it?

btw, those alpinas look better then i thought they would, simply amazing with the schwarz !!! keep em locked
    I'll try to make the next meet. If not soon I'm sure in the spring!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1988 325ix View Post
    Looks damn nice!!!

BTW, do you have an Ansa exhaust?...It looks like one in one of the pics.
    Yes, it is an ansa exhaust. I'm actually VERY happy with it. For the money you just can't beat it and it has a NICE sound to it!

My Cars
    '02 325ci '97 NA Eunos
    Quote Originally Posted by NHskibm View Post

Yes, it is an ansa exhaust. I'm actually VERY happy with it. For the money you just can't beat it and it has a NICE sound to it!
    yes it is but most people shoot the exhaust down and i dunno why
    Last edited by 1988 325ix; 11-12-2007 at 11:03 PM.
    "Screwed" by ESS Tuning

My Cars
    A BMW
    that's too bad. I think it compliments the E30 VERY nicely.

My Cars
    '02 325ci '97 NA Eunos
    that's too bad. I think it compliments the E30 VERY nicely.
    yep, with the nice chrome tips and a well tuned clean sound. It fits the E30 profile.
    "Screwed" by ESS Tuning

My Cars
    1970 BMW 2002, 1985 M635
    Here they are. As the car sits now. Doing Power Steering pump on Thursday, New Bilstein and H+R's next week (the stuts I have are shot), I've got a guy in Europe looking for used MHW's (red), and that's it until next summer when I hope to replace the motor!!!

But here are the pics of the car's exterior and its finished state!!!
    Is this stratham industrial park? I live 2 seconds from there on Exeter rd in North Hampton
    1994 530iA

My Cars
    A BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by 94530inh View Post
    Is this stratham industrial park? I live 2 seconds from there on Exeter rd in North Hampton
    It's actually at my office in danvers. but I probably pass your house at least once a week.

My Cars
    e46 330i
    Excellent work!

Where is the ski rack???

Traction possible thanks to a Diffsonline 3:38 LSD

My Cars
    A BMW
    guess you got bored and found the thread on your own!!!

nice chatting yesterday.

ski rack is in the basement. I used to have one on the car, but with the fresh paint I've been hesitant to put it back on...

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    guess you got bored and found the thread on your own!!!

nice chatting yesterday.

ski rack is in the basement. I used to have one on the car, but with the fresh paint I've been hesitant to put it back on...
    i know its your name, but NOOOOOOOO, DONT DO ITTT!!

SKI RACK FTL

thats why we have that ski bag in our ix's

My Cars
    A BMW
    it's ok.. I'm thinking of getting a new DD in the spring. I'll save the rack for that... But Idk, I may get sick of skis in the trunk and such...

My Cars
    99 //M3
    NHskibm, Mike at BavAuto said you saw my car at Squire's auto body in Exeter (Delphin grey with the Hartge front and Euro Bumpers). We need to catch up, I'd like to get an up close look at your car, it looks amazing.

My Cars
    2011 Mustang
    thats unbelievable! amazing job. wanna come do my car?

My Cars
    1989 325is
    Seriously nice job man!!

Where did you pick up the Alpina wheels? Are they replicas?

My Cars
    A BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauvay View Post
    NHskibm, Mike at BavAuto said you saw my car at Squire's auto body in Exeter (Delphin grey with the Hartge front and Euro Bumpers). We need to catch up, I'd like to get an up close look at your car, it looks amazing.
    Hmmm. Mike may have been confused. I don't think I've seen your car around. But I'd definitely like to!! Are you still in newmarket???

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlover0725 View Post
    thats unbelievable! amazing job. wanna come do my car?
    If I was the one that did it... Can't take credit for the paintwork as I was away most of the time is was being worked on... Brothers Autobody in Londonderry, NH... Amazing doesn't even begin to describe their work and their price!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jandersen View Post
    Seriously nice job man!!

Where did you pick up the Alpina wheels? Are they replicas?
    I found them used from a guy on the forums here. They are the REAL DEAL and pictures don't do them justice!!!

Now for an update: When I purchase the car I had the wonderful noisy blower motor. I replaced the motor a while back but didn't have a firewall panel on retaining clip for the blower motor either.

So tonight when I replaced the resistor (thanks fredk for the parts and yes, Jordan, again you were right) I also put in the clip, and well, no more noisy blower motor!!! It's like a new car!!!

Also got a really good condition firewall panel from Fredk and put that in, so yet another little project done.

Lastly I put in a brand new Maplight rearview mirror!!! What an amazing thing to have. The lights on the mirrror are awesome!!!

I think that's it for the time being. Spoke to Metric Mechanic for a little while the other day about a rebuilt motor!!! We're talking 2.9L or 3.0L "rally" engine. Made with lightweight parts and bored from my own block!!! Stay tuned this spring/summer for updates!!!

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    3.0l rally engined ix??? damn!! do update us on that man. glad you got the maplight working, they really are helpful.

i went all summer with a crappy blower motor, with either off or high setting . only to realize it was the resistor pack, took 5 minutes and 30 bucks, and suddenly my car was like new

My Cars
    A BMW
    Update for those looking due to my other thread (getting out of the game...)

The seats you barely see in this picture are comfort. It now has mint, yes MINT, sport seats. The dash here which you can't see was cracked. I replaced it with a crack free one.

I've also cleaned up under the hood quite a bit but that isn't pictured... I'll get a bunch of pics this weekend at bav and add them...

My Cars
    A BMW

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345