Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Driver's seat is loose

My Cars
    318is

Delrin Bushings

Are the seat track bushings still available?
    I could use a couple. Thx

My Cars
    1991 E36 BMW 320i
    Yeah I also have this problem. Can be annoying when driving quickly around corners

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Just make sure its the actual rails and not the 4 plastic pins that hold the seat pan onto the seat frame. If its the rails then you should be able to wiggle the seat by rocking it or by getting out and grabbing the seat back.

If its the pins that hold the bottom seat cushion onto the frame you won't be able to wiggle the seat but it will feel like its sliding when you corner. Those plastic pins are available at the dealer. I think I paid $2 each for them when I recovered my seats.

My Cars
    99' M3 5.7L
    I'm having the same problem... I had it in my 99 323is manual non sport seats and just replaced them with power sports. I was initially excited thinking the problem would go away with a pair of new (to me) seats but its actually worse now. I'll be looking into this soon to try and find a solution unless there's a DIY or established fix I'm missing somewhere...

My Cars
    99 M3
    Does anyone have photos of this repair and the tool used to accomplish the repair? Are there replacement parts in the aftermarket supply chains?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    My driver's seatback is loose also. If I brake hard it actually moved forward a few inches. It rocks around quite a bit. Pretty annoying.

At this point it's safe to say that pretty much anything in my car with moving parts does not work correctly.

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    I'm bumping this because I'm tired of the "shifting".....have we found a fix for this yet?
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    Avus Cosmos Calypso!
    I also have a little shifting in my driver's seat. I thought it was a loose bolt, but I haven't had the chance to dive back into it since replacing the heating elements.

My Cars
    Bumping in search of a success story.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123