Thread: To Turbo or Not to Turbo?

adamizit Guest

Question To Turbo or Not to Turbo?

OK i just purchased 98 M3 and well i have about 6 grand to spend on it! and well i want the AA turbo kit badly i was wondering if i should purchase other mods now such as intake, exhaust, chip, coilovers , or go straight to the trubo and save another 5 grand? any input would be greatly appreciated! and if i were to turbocharge it what should i do to my car before and after i turbo it? thanx alot
    ADAM T!

My Cars
    96' 993 911 C2
    Ur gonna need twice the amount you have now to turbo your car. Also, with so much power, ur gonna want to have better brakes, reinforcements, etc.....but i would go the turbo route!!! Good luck.
    <font size="1">Jimmy

Porsche Carrera
    Bilsteins/ROW M030 | BBS RE | GT2 CF Spoiler | GT2 Splitter | OEM Aero Ib side skirts | Alpine CDA-9835 / KCA-420i | 6000K HID | RSR Exhaust / Techart Tips | 97' ECU |

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Thumbs up

I vote for the turbo...
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2003 Mitsu Lancer Evo VIII, 2005 Chevy Z51 C6

Re: To Turbo or Not to Turbo?

Originally posted by adamizit
    and if i were to turbocharge it what should i do to my car before and after i turbo it?
    If you can seriously do the turbo, then DO IT! Otherwise, if you're thinking what about mods in the meantime, I'd say do the mods that you won't have to replace after the turbo goes in, like handling/suspension and brakes.
    Rel
    1999 Titanium Silver ///M3 (SOLD)
    Conforti Intake, Shark Injector, AA Gen 3 Exhaust, AA Track Pipe, Koni SAs, H&R OE Sports, TC Kline RSMs, X-Brace, UUC TMEs, ZKWs w/HID, DDE Gen IV, Clears, NIKEN pedals, Pioneer DEH-P7000, Valentine One

2003 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
    Borla cat-back, AEM SRI, GReddy TT, Sony CDX-CA810X

2005 Lemans Blue Chevrolet Z51 Corvette