Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good BMW mechanic in Calgary?

My Cars
    2005 M3 Vert
    Just had my M3 serviced at Astra Automotive by the owner and tech Sergey. Very good service and well priced. Give him a try you'll be impressed.

My Cars
    2011 328xi Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by M3@Apex View Post
    ^^

Yup it's true. His name is Vitek and here's his shop information:

Vitek's AutoWorks
    515D 36 Ave NE

403-452-0200

Great people, I've been there a couple times and I have buddies that go to him as well.
    I had an absolutely amazing experience with this shop. Had to get electronic work done on my car (EWS system) and he knew his stuff! Great guy and great shop!

'97 BMW 328is (picture) SOLD (unfortunately)
    '11 BMW 328xi (Mine)
    '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L V8 (Hers)

My Cars
    2005 BMW 330CI

Sheni's... not my recommendation

Had my heather core replaced at Sheni's, got the car back and can get only cold air from vents. This was fine when the car was taken in originally. Sheni would not take responsibility for this instead he wants another $800+ to fix it. The heather core work was approximately $400, now I am looking at $800 to fix what he broke.
    I told him everything was fine before, he simply ignore it.

I have since worked with a friend replacing a heather core on same E36 model, found out that is the core is not taken out properly/carefully you can easily break off the part that broke on mine.

I would never go back to Sheni's for any reason, there are alternatives as you see from other postings, and cheaper also.
    Last edited by haze325; 03-28-2011 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Spelling

My Cars
    2006 BMW M5
    Quote Originally Posted by haze325 View Post
    Had my heather core replaced at Sheni's, got the car back and can get only cold air from vents. This was fine when the car was taken in originally. Sheni would not take responsibility for this instead he wants another $800+ to fix it. The heather core work was approximately $400, now I am looking at $800 to fix what he broke.
    I told him everything was fine before, he simply ignore it.

I have since worked with a friend replacing a heather core on same E36 model, found out that is the core is not taken out properly/carefully you can easily break off the part that broke on mine.

I would never go back to Sheni's for any reason, there are alternatives as you see from other postings, and cheaper also.
    100% agreed! Sheni will ruin your car specially newer models. I thought he was that good and I am very wrong. Don't gamble your car to his shop.
    2006 BMW M5 - RPI GTS Exhaust 1-2-3 sections, Scoops, Block-Off Plates, Pulley & customized ECU remap by www.ecuprogram.com

My Cars
    E36/8 x2,E30 M3, E30 4dr
    Quote Originally Posted by miguex View Post
    100% agreed! Sheni will ruin your car specially newer models. I thought he was that good and I am very wrong. Don't gamble your car to his shop.
    I find it strange that "miguex" the owner of ECU Program in Calgary is going on every BMW forum and posting negative posts about Sheni's Auto-Trend when he started all of his tuning through our shop. A customer bashing a shop is one thing and i believe every shop learns from there mistakes or tries too... but when one company bad mouths other companies it just seems unethical but i guess theirs a first to everything... Good luck to you Miguel! We wish you all the best with the new shop!

--Sheni's Auto-Trend
    Last edited by PapaZoo; 11-09-2011 at 05:05 AM.

My Cars
    M3, GLK 350

This took an interesting turn.

Quote Originally Posted by gato View Post
    Having some racism in a country with this many black people is necessary.

Black people are always going to be a little bit lazy.

My Cars
    BMW e36 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaZoo View Post
    I find it strange that "miguex" the owner of ECU Program in Calgary is going on every BMW forum and posting negative posts about Sheni's Auto-Trend when he started all of his tuning through our shop. A customer bashing a shop is one thing and i believe every shop learns from there mistakes or tries too... but when one company bad mouths other companies it just seems unethical but i guess theirs a first to everything... Good luck to you Miguel! We wish you all the best with the new shop!

--Sheni's Auto-Trend
    Your the last person that should be talking about being unethical. You run the shadiest "BMW" shop in southern alberta. Your a THIEF
    Alberta's BMW enthusiast forum.
    -Projecttechnik.com

My Cars
    In the works...
    No BMW's right now...
    Rockin' a minty '95 LHD Z32TT

My Cars
    BMW 325i 1994

Zoom Zoom Steve Ph. #

Quote Originally Posted by grbbenny View Post
    Steve Nunn at Zoom Zoom Motors. He is in southeast past Race City. My brother and I import BMWs and Mercedes from Japan and he does all our work. Low shop rate, good parts prices. Used to be a tech at Lone Star Mercedes.
    Hi, I've used Steve before and would also recommend. Do you have his ph. #

My Cars
    1981 M535i; 1988 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by grix View Post
    hi, i've used steve before and would also recommend. Do you have his ph. #
    (403)993-6505

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740il e38
    Hey guys,
    Ive got a mint condition, dealer kept its hole life, 2001 BMW, one owner.
    Its killing me on repair's at Calgary BMW and they really dont seem to know what there doing considering im paying a premium to use them, i know, i know.
    So im making the change to an indy.

From what ive gathered from this thread,

Sheni's Auto-Trend- option

Vitek's AutoWorks- option

Nurburgring ltd- option (which I used for my Benz, and had a few issues with but would go back)

And

2 Square Auto,
    My cousin uses them and loves them, I acutally found it for him and he said there great, but I have read nothing but bad reviews from people about them, take a car in for something small and then the police are called to dispute the bill. Not sure If they are an opition but My cousin loves them, and All I see is negative reviews on them? thoughts? experiences?

Does anyone have any input here, im loosing money by the minute at the dealership. And Ive got every single weekend, and penny into my car at this point I need a sure thing, and someone I can trust!

Any input is helpful.

Thanks Guys

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 dinan stg4
    Vitek's shop is amazing. Bought a 98 m3 and used him to inspect it. I went thru 3 cars before I settled on the one I got. He found things wrong with the other 2 cars that the previous owners had no idea about and now are clients of viteks as well. He knows BMWs inside and out!

+1 for Vitek IMO

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740il e38
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hote36 View Post
    Vitek's shop is amazing. Bought a 98 m3 and used him to inspect it. I went thru 3 cars before I settled on the one I got. He found things wrong with the other 2 cars that the previous owners had no idea about and now are clients of viteks as well. He knows BMWs inside and out!

+1 for Vitek IMO
    Hey thanks for your input, he sounds like he's been around the block once or twice.

Anyone else have any input on my OP???

My Cars
    Hey wgretzky99
    What year 850i? I just bought one..1990 850i.. I live in Edmonton,, not alot of BMW clubs around Alberta for older BMW...
    TC

My Cars
    2003 530iA
    Although hard to get the car booked, I vouch for Vitek as well. The "hard" to book tells the story. It's a looong lineup there.
    Looking for a DIY? Parts? Check this out, it might be your ticket

Stable: e92is, e53 N62, e46M54B25, Tribby & e39 M54B30 R.I.P.

My Cars
    2004 325xi
    go check at Parm at motorworkes. dude is a gem, even made his own supped up M3. very friendly, quick, and approachable. my first choice in YYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotakeover View Post
    i just poped over to Sheni's Auto Trend to get a clunk looked at in the rear, i think its the rear shock mounts and they seem like really nice people. I have an appointment booked for next wed

My Cars
    1981 M535i; 1988 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hote36 View Post

+1 for Vitek IMO
    Do not bother to phone him if your BMW is older than 1995. I asked him to do some work on my 1988 M5 and he told me that they do not work on anything older than 1995. Makes you wonder why they feature a 1988 M3 in their advertising!

My Cars
    Only BMW's for last 30 y

Thumbs up Good personal mechanic for BMW and other european car.

Hi guys,
    I found one person who work with BMW like personal mechanics. Very good attitude, absolutely reasonable price for parts and labor!
    Only one bad things he do not do any work with performance parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysi View Post
    Hi guys,
    I found one person who work with BMW like personal mechanics. Very good attitude, absolutely reasonable price for parts and labor!
    Only one bad things he do not do any work with performance parts.
    Hi can you please share his number?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2020 BMW iX
    I usually visit Bavarian Autoworks (bavautoworks.com). They are really experienced and resonable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12