Thread: car wont start......happened once

the other day i started my car, booted it up the hill, stopped and turned the car off. i went into the store and bought a pack of smokes. then when i went back outside to start the car again, the car wont start. it was trying to turn over but just wont start. then i waited for a couple minutes and it was fine. it never happened again. i was wondering why it wouldnt start? was the engine flooded for a bit? thanks.

There's a bunch of things to look at, but if didn't do it again you should be happy. I would be concerned that the car was hot, and didn't turn over. You may want to keep an eye on the water temperature. Often times, the first sign of a head gasket is hard to start the car when hot. Check the oil cap and see if there is milky white stuff in it. If not, you should be ok. If it happens again, there are a few checks to do... Obviously you don't want to get stalled on a dark, lonely, bad neighborhood. You should have it checked or check it yourself.

1993 325i - Jim C chip, ECIS CAIS, BMP Intake, K&N, fan delete.
    *SOLD* 95///M3 - Engine/Exhaust: Underdrive Pulley, Port & Polished Intake, ECIS Heat Shield, BMP Intake, 9" K&N Filter Charger

help me. it happened again. i went to the mall for 3 min. then started my car and it started but idle was super duper rough and then it stalled right away. i also heard some clunking when the car was idleing for 1-2 seconds. then i waited for 2 minutes and started the car. it would turn but not fire up for about 3 seconds and then fired up. whats wrong? i havnt checked the 'foamy stuff' under the oil cap yet but i will soon. help please. thanks. btw i have 30k miles on the car thanks.