Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: TS Parts/Repair List

My Cars
    99 M3, 13 650 Gran Coupe
    realized i need a new air filter, then remembered this thread.

bump for all the newish TS drivers

'99 Hellrot M3 vert; Eurosport twin-screw SC w/ 76mm pulley + Schrick cam (i.e., TRM Stage 2 TS), UDP's,
    oil cooler; GC coilovers; Z3 steering rack; Euro 6-spd trans; Diffsonline 3.46 LSD

Tanks95 is offline M3s Only Have Two Doors BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    good stuff here!

If your M3 doesn’t have 3 pedals and 2 doors, I would really consider contacting BMW to confirm the authenticity of your incorrectly badged mid-sized family sedan.

My Cars
    99 M3, 13 650 Gran Coupe
    i miss Johno's neuroses

'99 Hellrot M3 vert; Eurosport twin-screw SC w/ 76mm pulley + Schrick cam (i.e., TRM Stage 2 TS), UDP's,
    oil cooler; GC coilovers; Z3 steering rack; Euro 6-spd trans; Diffsonline 3.46 LSD

My Cars
    99' M3, 98' M3, 13' X5
    Time to revive this thread yet again!!! I'm having issues with the bybass valve hose collapsing on the ESTS kit. The internal spring is shot and the hose has completely broken down due to oil saturation. Does anyone happen to have a part number on a properly sized replacement hose. I'm planning to sleeve the new hose with 1-1/2" or 1-5/8" copper tubing to prevent collapsing in the future.

On a side note, all the oil sludge in this hose has me thnking about a catch can between the valve cover and the oil separator. I'm sure the laminova heat exchangers have to be covered in this mess.

My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpinesaloon View Post
    Time to revive this thread yet again!!! I'm having issues with the bybass valve hose collapsing on the ESTS kit. The internal spring is shot and the hose has completely broken down due to oil saturation. Does anyone happen to have a part number on a properly sized replacement hose. I'm planning to sleeve the new hose with 1-1/2" or 1-5/8" copper tubing to prevent collapsing in the future.

On a side note, all the oil sludge in this hose has me thnking about a catch can between the valve cover and the oil separator. I'm sure the laminova heat exchangers have to be covered in this mess.

picture?

If your M3 doesn’t have 3 pedals and 2 doors, I would really consider contacting BMW to confirm the authenticity of your incorrectly badged mid-sized family sedan.

My Cars
    98 E36 M3/4
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...-hunting/page3

pics in post 41-45.

Was wondering whether the 2.1L Kenne bell SC came with such a hose?
    And Tanks could you share you camshaft setup? Looking to drop some in.

My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    Okay, sorry late on the reply. As far as the hose goes, I don’t think it’s a proprietary Eurosport part, so I would just remove, measure inside diameter, and hit the internet or your local parts shop and find a replacement?

Which you have probably already done at this point.

Cams are a OEM and Schrick mix (Intake / Exhaust)

William
    Last edited by Tanks95; 09-03-2013 at 12:35 PM.

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    Does the MAF get damaged from the oil from the ITG filter? Anyway to test it?

Also bump for any new owners.

My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 318is View Post
    Does the MAF get damaged from the oil from the ITG filter? Anyway to test it?

Also bump for any new owners.
    the ITG filter should only receive a light coat of the "spray on" oil. This is not a time where more is better.

Also, just part of routine maintenance, i clean the MAF with the over the counter MAF cleaner found at any automotive store.

*Also, i wish i had known this earlier. The Spray oil that is used on the ITG filter is actually corrosive to the filter, if left on it too long. Therefore, READ the instructions carefully, it should be cleaned (washed) with the appropriate powdered cleaner at regular intervals. If not, the spray oil will decay your filter at a faster rate than normal.

My Cars
    98 M3 sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanks95 View Post
    the ITG filter should only receive a light coat of the "spray on" oil. This is not a time where more is better.

Also, just part of routine maintenance, i clean the MAF with the over the counter MAF cleaner found at any automotive store.

*Also, i wish i had known this earlier. The Spray oil that is used on the ITG filter is actually corrosive to the filter, if left on it too long. Therefore, READ the instructions carefully, it should be cleaned (washed) with the appropriate powdered cleaner at regular intervals. If not, the spray oil will decay your filter at a faster rate than normal.
    Hi all,
    I was just pointed to this thread, great info, hope it still gets attention I've newly acquired at Eurosport SC m3. Mine came with a "cone" filter like the K&N ones. I see pictures of all of you having the more foam looking ones? Does it make any difference assuming I'm careful with the oil treatment?

Next question - supposedly my SC was installed 20k miles ago. I have a CEL light I'm trying to track and read the gasket is a weak point. Would this create a lean condition? How do you all notice if your gasket is bad? I don't hear anything leaking during my pressurized vacuum tests.

Lastly, any tricks to getting at the ICV to inspect / clean without taking off the SC?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    99 528i Sport

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Smoke test is the only reliable way__hard to see a vacuum leak, but you can see smoke!

My ES/TS Coupe recently started sucking air at the intake manifold (near #3 runner) but I can't complain; I did the installation over ten (>10) years ago, for the then owner, and I'm the 2nd owner since then.

No estimates yet on delivery, but now with the stock od Shrick gaskets depleted__at least I haven't been able to find any more__I'm talking to a guy about getting some water-jet cut. I'm planning to go about 50% thicker (from memory, I'm thinking the Shrick's are .040") to allow a little more crush. I'm pretty sure that Josh used the Shrick gaskets, as they were readily available 10-15 years ago. It does surprise me though, given the detail he expended on everything else, that he didn't cut the manifold face for the BMW profile gaskets (O-ring type).

You can definitely remove the IAV without taking off the sc! Remove the air filter, MAF and t/body and it's right there; remove the couple of M6 Allen head bolts and the IAV & CCV (pressure regulator) will be in your hands. I'd get a couple of those gray grommets (same piece used on a stock manifold) beforehand.

Welcome to the club! Last night, I put the first seven (7.7, actually) miles on this fresh build; still some work to do, but now with some 20 miles on it, runs stronger than expected, and zero DTCs! Next big step for this car is adding the Race Logic t/c (since it impacts the fuel injector signals, the basic s/c installation needed to be proven first...).

Last edited by Randy Forbes; 03-10-2017 at 10:34 AM.

My Cars
    98 M3 sedan
    Thanks Randy. Car is certianly fun, just hesitant to push too much with the CEL, would have much more piece of mind if I can get that figured out.

Yeah I've been searching online for the Schrick manifold gasket and can't find anywhere. Do we all have any current recommendations on replacement ones if that's what's needed?

I did a pressure test and could hear some hissing out of that spring loaded problem tube in the back, fixed that but code still didn't go away. I don't have a way to get smoke in, but I think i'd be able to hear any other leaks given how easy it was to spot that first one. I've pressurized it pretty good to the point my connection to the intake blew off, but still haven't heard any leaks. Will mess with the ICV this afternoon.
    99 528i Sport

My Cars
    98 M3 sedan
    anyone know a part # for the gasket that connects the throttle body to the supercharger? Real OEM and pelican parts look like too big of a gasket. Was this an aftermarket gasket? Mine was broken when I took things apart to clean the ICV.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_6078

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...hrottle+gasket

Thanks,
    Andrew
    99 528i Sport

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    The throttle body contains the gasket, hence it uses the stock one.

My Cars
    97 M3/4 - Hurtig/AA TS
    Some added information, since I just dug it up based on questions in another thread:

For Active Autowerke kit, Throttle Cable:

35 41 1 164 636 from RHD 328 obd2

Also, the Active Autowerke kit uses their own Bypass valve (more of a poppet style valve like a turbo BOV) rather than the butterfly valve used on the ES kit and most other PD applications. I was not totally a fan of this, and have considered switching my car over to the butterfly valve. I think the AA valve is pretty robust, but the actuation appears to be less smooth.

Also, I notice a lot of issues with intake gaskets. I am glad I incorporated the stock OBD1 intake gasket rings into the intake manifold flange. Seems to be more robust than the Shrick/Paper gasket approach.

Keep on Screwin'!
    Have you been Screwed?

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
    Some added information, since I just dug it up based on questions in another thread:

For Active Autowerke kit, Throttle Cable:

35 41 1 164 636 from RHD 328 obd2

Also, the Active Autowerke kit uses their own Bypass valve (more of a poppet style valve like a turbo BOV) rather than the butterfly valve used on the ES kit and most other PD applications. I was not totally a fan of this, and have considered switching my car over to the butterfly valve. I think the AA valve is pretty robust, but the actuation appears to be less smooth.

Also, I notice a lot of issues with intake gaskets. I am glad I incorporated the stock OBD1 intake gasket rings into the intake manifold flange. Seems to be more robust than the Shrick/Paper gasket approach.

Keep on Screwin'!
    Yes, well at least it was for me, but only a decade after the initial installation. I believe the fault can be traced back to the support bracket under the supercharger having loosened up, allowing the manifold to pull away from the top of the port, sucking in the gasket.

But I did go ahead and have a small batch of gaskets made up, in the event it happens to someone else.

However, I too wish that the Eurosport incorporated the OE profile gasket, as it could've been more accommodating in this situation.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    An update on Shrick/Eurosport manifold gaskets; I finally got around to having some made. At .060", they are 50% thicker than the ones used originally (.040"), and have no apparent negative effect on any physical dimensions.

By getting a small batch of them made (25-27 maybe, based on the stock of material they had on hand) I was able to get the price down from an initial quote of $70.00 apiece (!!) to $40.00 ea. Shipping via USPS Priority Mail is $18.00 for any quantity (lower 48 states).

My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
    An update on Shrick/Eurosport manifold gaskets; I finally got around to having some made. At .060", they are 50% thicker than the ones used originally (.040"), and have no apparent negative effect on any physical dimensions.

By getting a small batch of them made (25-27 maybe, based on the stock of material they had on hand) I was able to get the price down from an initial quote of $70.00 apiece (!!) to $40.00 ea. Shipping via USPS Priority Mail is $18.00 for any quantity (lower 48 states).
    good stuff

My Cars
    2003 M3, 1998 M3 TS
    Info on Intake boot for the ES Twinscrew:

You need two boots:

13-54-1-740-073- This is the donor boot for the ICV port connection

13-54-1-438-761-U-INT - This is the boot that is the main connection

- You basically cut the port and sliver around the port and need to attach it to the other boot. To attach, I did mine directly below the port already on this boot for the crankcase breather. You just need to cut it to fir in the section below that is demarcated by the ribs. line it up, mark where you need a hole and drill the hole, then attach this donor port/flap. I used gorilla super glue gel. In tests it seemed to hold the best. Need to act quick though to make sure it seals well. Also need to cut the first few rubber rings off the throttle body side to make it line up right.

Misc stuff-

Clamps
    Gel super glue
    Hose clamps 3 and 3.5 in
    air hose connector- 13-41-1-722-944
    misc vacuum line connections. Likely a 3/8 in 90 degree connection and then a 3/8 to 1/4 connection so that you can tie into the factory breather valve.
    2.1L Eurosport Twin screw on the 98 m3. Please send tires.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by MoeMuny View Post
    update on the Eurosport Bypass Valve:

The part itself is made by Magnuson products 805-642-8833
    http://www.magnusonproducts.com/

part number is 45-01-31-764
    they call it an actuator the price is about $30 I think and it got to me in just a day or two
    Reviewing this thread, some of the info has timed out, so I wanted to add this about the bypass actuator. The link to the "$30.00" Magnuson one is now $100.00! When I was looking for one several years ago, I discovered that it is nearly identical to the one used on the mid-80s Buick GNX (factory turbocharged cars) and they're still available from Eaton at reasonable prices:

https://www.ebay.com/p/Eaton-Superch...5994487&chn=ps

As far as I can tell, the only difference is that this one has nipple connections both above and below the diaphragm, so VERIFY that you're connecting to the port that vacuum holds the valve open. When new and clean, you don't need a vacuum pump, just suck on it to test (not that I haven't tested a used one this way...).

Do NOT plug the other port, leave it open to atmosphere (you could droop a short length of hose downward from the port if your OCD won't let you bear to look at an unused connection...).

My Cars
    99 Euro Sport Twin Screw
    Bump for 2019 and a new ES TS owner here.

I know ES calls for mobile 15w-50 extended performance. However, i'm having a difficult time finding any readily available. Does mobile 1 still makes their 15w-50 extended performance blend? Can I run their 15w-50 regular synthetic instead? Thanks for all the great information in this thread.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynegro View Post
    Bump for 2019 and a new ES TS owner here.

I know ES calls for mobile 15w-50 extended performance. However, i'm having a difficult time finding any readily available. Does mobile 1 still makes their 15w-50 extended performance blend? Can I run their 15w-50 regular synthetic instead? Thanks for all the great information in this thread.
    I'm still working out of a quart of standard Mobil1 15w/50 that's done oil changes on at least three (3) different ES/TS equipped cars, including twice (2) on my own M Coupe.

I had a conversation about it with one of the KB guys__they supply a pint of their own (blue) oil with rebuilt compressors__and yes, the regular off the shelf M1 15w/50 is fine.

My Cars
    99 Euro Sport Twin Screw
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
    I'm still working out of a quart of standard Mobil1 15w/50 that's done oil changes on at least three (3) different ES/TS equipped cars, including twice (2) on my own M Coupe.

I had a conversation about it with one of the KB guys__they supply a pint of their own (blue) oil with rebuilt compressors__and yes, the regular off the shelf M1 15w/50 is fine.

Right on, thanks for the response. I went ahead and had the Oil changed with the regular 15w-50 along with a fresh oil change on the motor. Now it's time to get to know the car and enjoy the TS fun! The car has near instant power anywhere in the rpm band at all speeds. Yet it drives and feels mostly stock when your not getting into it. It's impressive.

My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    Randy, i have to replace my starter, i may need one of those fancy gaskets!

Unless i can figure a way to get it out without pulling the TS.... putting it on the lift this weekend.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanks95 View Post
    Randy, i have to replace my starter, i may need one of those fancy gaskets!

Unless i can figure a way to get it out without pulling the TS.... putting it on the lift this weekend.
    If it was in an M Coupe (or Rdstr) I'd say it comes out the bottom easily enough; might have to unbolt the lollipop temporarily to pass the starters out, then back in.

I don't know when the change was made, but my '95 M3 was attached with bolts AND nuts, the later starters have threaded bosses eliminating the nuts. Let's hope yours is like that...

Honestly, if it came down to a choice, I'd rather drop the trans out to change the starter, than to tear down the whole induction system (especially since you're working off a lift and all__speaking of which, don't they make life wonderful?!?!).

I still have a few gaskets, if you resort to that.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast