Thread: Can a small SC be hooked up to my M44 Z with a slush box

My Cars
    1998 Z3 with 1.9/auto

Can a small SC be hooked up to my M44 Z with a slush box

Has anyone done this? I am thinking of a small unit, not looking for hp higher than a 6 paired with an auto.

I know best thing would be is to purchase a 6 cylinder, but I love this car.
    -Marshall

My Cars
    86 325es
    Put an S52 in it.

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    1998 Z3 with 1.9/auto
    Serious question?

But EVERYONE knows that the S52 .................................................!
    -Marshall

My Cars
    e36 328i turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremaster View Post
    Serious question?

But EVERYONE knows that the S52 .................................................!
    you can, you won't be the first.
    BUT! costly, not easy, tune?!.

truth is, if you have to ask this question, you should consider doing the S/M5x swap.
    that is not a diss towards you or anyone in particular, just the best advice we can give you.

quick google search gave me this:
    http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44651

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Well, it has been done before.. there is the little amr500 type and the bigger sc14 type which will push out more than an S52 and cost less and maintain the weight distribution. the m45 and m62 kits are due later this year.

My Cars
    1998 Z3 with 1.9/auto
    Quote Originally Posted by et89 View Post
    truth is, if you have to ask this question, you should consider doing the S/M5x swap.
    that is not a diss towards you or anyone in particular, just the best advice we can give you.
    Thank you for your advice I saw no diss
    . I will check the link out. I was trying to have a bit of fun though with the S52 vs S54 argument. They can get entertaining.
    -Marshall

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post
    Well, it has been done before.. there is the little amr500 type and the bigger sc14 type which will push out more than an S52 and cost less and maintain the weight distribution. the m45 and m62 kits are due later this year.

I like this! I have an old 2002 with M10 that I am working on, but was planning a turbo or engine swap down the road. The M42 is a popular swap for these cars. Have not looked into tuning, but it is something I always look into when modding — without proper tuning there can be a lot of headaches and even failures. Not sure what Downing Atlanta used but that might be a good base. I could go aftermarket but that also come with hassles unless you know the system and are the only person who uses the car.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    I like this! I have an old 2002 with M10 that I am working on, but was planning a turbo or engine swap down the road. The M42 is a popular swap for these cars. Have not looked into tuning, but it is something I always look into when modding — without proper tuning there can be a lot of headaches and even failures. Not sure what Downing Atlanta used but that might be a good base. I could go aftermarket but that also come with hassles unless you know the system and are the only person who uses the car.
    If you ever go with the M42 or M44, just drop me a line and I will get you a kit in the mail, its on the house for you specially knowing you might do a build topic here.
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    1998 BMW 318ti M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post

Any updates on the V4.7 kit as of late? Been looking for an M44 SC kit that will bolt on with the original throttle body. I'm already running a k-data ECU and have injectors and an intercooler to go with it!