RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Car has power. New battery. STILL WON'T START

My Cars
    1999 328iS, 2005 Lotus Elise

Car has power. New battery. STILL WON'T START

Well I have a 1999 328iS and the battery died a couple days ago. To the point where if you turn the car off, you have to jump start it and it will run fine as long as you don't turn it off. I took out the old one and got a new one. I put it in today and as soon as i connected it, the hazard lights turn on. Weird? Oh well, i tighten the terminal connections and get in the car. I turn the key and all the usual dash lights come on with the exception of the hazards which are still on for some reason (no the hazard button was not on). I depress the clutch pedal and turn the key. Nothing. Not even the sound of the starter turning. I turn the car off. Try again and no luck. I double check the terminals, make sure it's the right battery. Maybe the battery is just low on power because it's new. Charge it for a bit. Still nothing. Then i try to jump start the car with my father's car. Still the same thing. Everything seems to be fine. It seems because the car wasn't connected to the battery for an extended period of time, a security lockout was engaged which doesn't allow the engine to turn. Any ideas on how this could be remedied? Any help or advice at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    Was the car in an accident? Even a small fender bender? It sounds like the Battery Safety Terminal has blown.

My Cars
    e21, e30, e36. 02 next in line...
    if you think its a security issue use the key fob to lock and unlock a bunch of times, also do the drivers door with the key a bunch of times. that usually gets rid of any security issue.

respect the panda