Thread: blower motor replacement help. (86 325e)

My Cars
    some crap

blower motor replacement help. (86 325e)

I have half my dash and my whole center console taken apart but I cant find where the blower motor is. can anyone help me out? Its an 86 325e.

My Cars
    Moby Dick the whale.
    oh no.....your not going to get at it that way. Its actually accesed from the engine compartment. You should see a rubber looking cover. This is the firewall cover and you'll need to take that off. Behind that you'll see the blower motor housing where you'll be able to get at it and replace it.
    Molon Labe.

My Cars
    some crap
    Quote Originally Posted by draccent View Post
    oh no.....your not going to get at it that way. Its actually accesed from the engine compartment. You should see a rubber looking cover. This is the firewall cover and you'll need to take that off. Behind that you'll see the blower motor housing where you'll be able to get at it and replace it.
    thank you! thats all i needed to know. i wonder if I should attempt it now or not since its getting dark. thanks for that tip.

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    it takes less then 5 minutes to get to. you just unbolt that rubber guard (4 6mm?? bolts) and then take off some of the things bolted to it for easier acess, then inside theres a plastic covering with some gayyyyyyyyy clips. i ripped the clips but they still go back together (youll see when you get in there). then once that covers of. boooom, blower motor!!

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    Just pull down on the "gay clips" and they pop right off. Simple design if you take the time to look at them before "ripping" them.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

My Cars
    some crap
    well now too bad the blower motor i got is too long.......
    i got the "behr a/c blower motor" "Plastic Inlet 4" fan diameter with plastic inlet on heater core." FROM autopartswarehouse.com

autopartswarehouse.com/products/psearch.php?part_number=W0133-1601924

maybe i needed the 5" fan? i figured it was just a better one so i opted for the cheaper one.

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Stück View Post
    Just pull down on the "gay clips" and they pop right off. Simple design if you take the time to look at them before "ripping" them.
    well ya...but they have that "gay" plastic piece that doesnt give it enough room to slide out the actual piece, the tension strap...has the side piece that makes it so when its unclipped it doesnt fall apart. i ripped that piece, not the actual clip. and i spent a half hor trying to be gentle and slipde it out but it just waesnt enough room!!!

My Cars
    some crap
    well the housing itself is screwed up and broken. i guess the fan stopped sitting right inside of it and started hitting. yea the fan is in pretty bad shape but it works. it just doesnt sit right. so now i have a 167 dollar blower motor on my hands that I have to figure out if i can return it. and now I also have to get a housing. I might just go without a blower motor for awhile.