Thread: Open Vacuum Port

My Cars
    1982 BMW 320i (since May 2007) & 2002 Chevy Impala

Open Vacuum Port

I have an open vacuum port on the bottom of my intake manifold. It isapproximately 10mm in diameter and it is located on the the front corner of the intake manifold on the driver's side. Does anyone know what hose connects to this port or what other port should be unified to this port via a hose. I have added a photo to give some visual aid to my question. The photo may seem strange because I had to use a mirror to get a photo of the underside of the intake manifold.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    83 320iS, 83 533i, 90E34
    I'll let you know in a little bit..I need coffee as I just got up I will scan that stuff in and maybe take pics of my own routing. My gut tells me that this vac. port goes to that drivability kit, part of which is located on that black brace attached under the intake (it has a round vacuum canister on it). If so, then just cap off that large port with a nipple. I will let you know either way. In the meantime, here are some pics I tood when I rebuilt my engine- maybe one can shed some light...
    Cheers,
    John
    Back to my coffee

In this pic is the nipple in question with a blue cap on it. I have it hooked up to that stupid vac canister, but only for originality as I doubt if it really works. You can cap it off as mine was earlier.

One more showing black brace and nipple in question hooked up to the coppery little round vac. cannister:

Thats it for now, I'll post up again later with more info.

John

My Cars
    83 320iS, 83 533i, 90E34
    Bump for multilple posts on the subject