Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transmission Mount DIY

My Cars
    01 S54 Roadster
    You don't have to drop the exhaust on an S54. You can reach the bolts.

Titanium 01 M Roadster - Sharked, 3.73 diff, CDV delete, IE SF bushings, RE RSMs, Tranny mounts, and clutch stop, SS brake lines, Eisenmann Exhaust, Mason Strut Bar, TC Kline SA Coilovers with Vorshlag camber plates...
    Other vehicles - Black 03 Mercedes E320/ 2008 Toyota Platinum Sequioa / 23ft Weekend Warrior Toy Hauler/ 2 Honda Quads

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by willscam View Post
    I ended up going with Rogue Engineering. UUC also has good mounts; black (neoprene) and red (urethane). The red could cause some vibration, though. I chose Rogue b/c I ordered their rear shock mounts at the same time. They also were recommended by some forum members.
    FYI: called Rogue Engineering to inquire about mounts for an E38 2001 740i. They don't make one for this vehicle. Said he could get OEM from Euro at $4.00 each. I told him I would run away from that deal; poor China girls in a sweat shop most likely.

My Cars
    X5 328i 325iT Z3
    I am going to replace the transmission mounts on our Zed and it looks like the exhaust will need to be dropped. Yea!!

My Cars
    1999 Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by runnr548 View Post
    I am going to replace the transmission mounts on our Zed and it looks like the exhaust will need to be dropped. Yea!!
    I'm of the school of thought that there should be a balance in firmness between motor mounts and transmission mounts. Transmission mounts should not be harder than motor mounts.
    I installed Revshift 80A motor mounts first and felt a definite improvement in throttle response and cornering stability as the engine was not twisting and sloshing about as much. That was last year. This year I replaced the stock trans mounts with 70A units. I've only had the car out for one short test drive but it did seem to get some further gains in the above areas. 'chirped the wheels shifting into second with 245 series tires on the rear of my 2.8.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12