BMW of Bloomfield
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FEELER: '99 540i/6, Dinan 5, M5 Body, ALL RECORDS, CLEAN!

My Cars
    03 LSB M3
    Thanks and I thought the windows looked a lil dark but couldn't tell if it was that or the angle but yea I would go with some 10%

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    ***Sorry for the HUGE pics. I didn't realize they'd be so big . It works out though, so now you can read them!***

The VIN for the car is: WBADN5330XGC91557 build date of 10/98

I managed to get some pics of the records. I wasn't sure exactly which ones you wanted and I didn't take a picture of every one of them, but you get the idea. Below are some pics of the "important" ones.

Most all of the work besides the valve cover gaskets were done by me since I bought it. Its ok I have good mechanic's blood . My dad owned a racing team back in the day and my grandfather was a pit crew chief for Parnelli Jones in Indy so I know my way around a car.

Also note that many of these pages actually have a 2nd or 3rd page! If you want to see any more spcifically then please let me know! The life of the car is right here...

Current Bimmer: '89 E30 DD, '89 E30 Project
    Former Bimmers: '09 E9 M3, '99 E39 540i, Dinan Stg. V | Dinan CAI, Dinan MAF, Dinan TB, Dinan S/W, Pre-VANOS "Dinan" intake manifold, Magnaflow exhaust, res. delete, M3 SSK| M5 3.15 LSD, Koni FSD w/Eibach Pro Kit, Eibach Sway bars, Powerflex bushings, Rogue tranny mounts, 18x9 ASA AR1's, 275 General Ex UHP's at each corner | M5 Brake system, Stoptech SS Lines, Axxis ULTs F&R, Stoptech Slotted rotors, ATE Super Blue...

My Cars
    03 LSB M3
    Thanks for all the pics and yea they are really big

My Cars
    E36
    I'm in NC and interested, but to be honest not for the price. Great car bro... I'm sure it kicks, but the bank doesn't care for the value in extra mods. We all know that... I don't even need to state it.

If you are seriously thinking of selling, I know you stated you are sitting, hit me up and I'm sure we can come to a solid price.

As I'm posting I can't remember if I changed my state within my profile, but I do live in Raleigh.

Lovely 5er

My Cars
    GT3 + M5
    Im very interested in your car. Would you consider a trade for a lifted Jeep wrangler? its an 04, less than 30k miles, and the KBB is 15k. If you look at it as you are looking to sell your car, it should be worth about 19k because I've spent about 4,500 in aftermarket parts over the past year. Let me know.

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW47 View Post
    Thanks for all the pics and yea they are really big
    Yep, sorry again. At least you can see the details

Quote Originally Posted by slvrathlon View Post
    I'm in NC and interested, but to be honest not for the price. Great car bro... I'm sure it kicks, but the bank doesn't care for the value in extra mods. We all know that... I don't even need to state it.

If you are seriously thinking of selling, I know you stated you are sitting, hit me up and I'm sure we can come to a solid price.

As I'm posting I can't remember if I changed my state within my profile, but I do live in Raleigh.

Lovely 5er
    Thanks for the interest. Your position is understandable and as you mentioned much of what has been put into the car won't be supported by the bank. I could potentially pull the "go fast" mods off an knock some of the price off but not too much, maybe a grand or so.

Right now I'm content with the car and really don't plan on actively pursuing a sal.e The price is where its at as that is what I will need to put me in a position to get another car. Like I've said if I do sell it then I will only be looking at an E39 M5 or E46 M3 and to make it worth while that is where I've set my price.

I live over near Southpoint mall so if you ever want to see the car then let me know and we can set somtehing up. I can let you tell everybody esle if I'm lying about the car and its performance . If nothing else it might be a good chance to meet a fellow bimmer. Also check out NCEURO.org if you're local. It is a GREAT local car club that has monthly meets, events, etc. Alot of Raleigh people. Good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 330iDinan View Post
    Im very interested in your car. Would you consider a trade for a lifted Jeep wrangler? its an 04, less than 30k miles, and the KBB is 15k. If you look at it as you are looking to sell your car, it should be worth about 19k because I've spent about 4,500 in aftermarket parts over the past year. Let me know.
    Hey thanks for the offer but the only car I'd be looking to get would be an E39 M5 or E46 M3. Good luck getting a Bimmer though if that is the route you're going! They're wonderful cars!
    Former Bimmers: '09 E9 M3, '99 E39 540i, Dinan Stg. V | Dinan CAI, Dinan MAF, Dinan TB, Dinan S/W, Pre-VANOS "Dinan" intake manifold, Magnaflow exhaust, res. delete, M3 SSK| M5 3.15 LSD, Koni FSD w/Eibach Pro Kit, Eibach Sway bars, Powerflex bushings, Rogue tranny mounts, 18x9 ASA AR1's, 275 General Ex UHP's at each corner | M5 Brake system, Stoptech SS Lines, Axxis ULTs F&R, Stoptech Slotted rotors, ATE Super Blue...

My Cars
    03 LSB M3
    Hey so Im parting out my 330, hopfully it wont take to long. And the jeep guy is all about bimmers, hes a friend of mine he was with me when i wrecked

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    ***UPDATE!***

I may have found my "dream car" and am putting this one up for $15,000obo.

I have done a TON of recent work and installed a few more "goodies" that I will include in the sale. The two major ones are the 3.15 LSD AND the Eibach swaybars!

***I've put a TON of pics and updated some information in the original post so please look there!***

If you're seriously interested then please let me know ASAP!

Best,
    James

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    ...wow 3,400 views

My Cars
    '93 M5, SpecE30

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanUrS4 View Post
    ...oh if you weren't my neighbor and friend

My Cars
    E46 330Xi
    +1 For a Beautiful Vehicle. Someone get on this!

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Woob View Post
    +1 For a Beautiful Vehicle. Someone get on this!
    Thanks Woob!

^ He would know, he detailed the hood during a demo day!

I think yesterday must have been the day to list your 540i. I think there have been lik 4 others since mine

If anybody is interested then please let me know! I'm somewhat flexible on the price and can answer any questions you may have.

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    puter...not to sound like a vulture, but u willing to part it out? i'd be interested on some of ur dinan components...PM me if ud be interested, thanks!

if not, g/l with the sale!!!

authorized distributors of:: carbon 8 :: mycarr
    authorized seller of :: linea corse :: miro design :: dp engineering

please don't hesitate to contact me for your BMW needs!
    AIM : eur0dyne || Yahoo : euro_dyne || MSN : eur0dyne
    Email : sales@euro-dyne.com || Phone : (714) 901-5080

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo@EuroDyne View Post
    puter...not to sound like a vulture, but u willing to part it out? i'd be interested on some of ur dinan components...PM me if ud be interested, thanks!

if not, g/l with the sale!!!
    Yeah, yeah scoping out for the "goodies" huh?!

Its cool and I'd do the same thing but right now I'm going to keep her how she is. As I see it she is kind of a niche vehicle with all that I've done. I my mind there are 3 kinds of vehicles:

1) Stock
    2) Slightly modified - CAI here, exhaust there, tint, etc. performs above stock level
    3) Highly Modified - The "works." "Stages", wheels, suspension and basically everything you can do to a car. Performs well above stock.

If the car only had the CAI or whatever then I'd sell it but since the car has so many things it would A) take away from the nature of the car and B) be a PITA to take everything off...

Heck even the local Lotus dealer called me from my ad and wanted me to "bring it by" for them to look, possibly buy or maybe even put on consignment (yes even with the miles they said). To me that says something about a car...

If however I do part it out, you will be the first one to know!

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    I've received a number of PM's and emails on the car and wanted to clarify a few things and make note of some other things on the car.

Q: Many people have asked if the car is supercharged.
    A: NO the car is (unfortunately) not supercharged. The Dinan 'Stage 5' I am refering to has to do with the engine modifications done. According to Dinan their 'Stage 5' engine includes the CAI, MAF, TB, Intake Manifold, exhaust and software. I HAVE on the car the Dinan CAI, MAF, TB AND software. The exhaust is a magnaflow 14816 (with resonator delete) and the intake manifold is from a pre-VANOS vehicle. The mainfold is IDENTICAL to the one that Dinan sells. Dinan simply cuts the BMW logo off, puts their own on an jacks the price way up. It has been talked about a MILLION times before. Why do you think Dinan doesn't offer it for the pre-VANOS 540is? The exhaust IMO is freer flowing than Dinan's especially enlight of the res. delete. So "technically" is it a true Stage 5, maybe 90% but I would pretyt much guarantee its performance is at least if not more than Dinan's. Besides doing a s/c system, headers and maybe pullies (not recommened for BMW V8's) the engine is about tapped on upgrades...

Q: Is the suspension Dinan as well?
    A: Again no it is not. The suspension is composed of the Koni FSD's and Eibach Pro-Kit. It gives the car a very sporty nature while retaining a comfortable demeanor. Some have compared the performance of the FSD's to the Dinans as being "equal" but with the feeling of "riding on carpet." That is NOT to say this it doesn't perform! It is an agile, responsive and fun car to drive. Come drive it if you do not believe so. I have also added the Eibach swaybar kit which has DRASTICALLY improved the handling. It has addressed the "softness" of the Eibachs (again not bad at all, stiffer than OEM sport springs but softer than H&R's) by tying both sides together. The car leans a TON less, sticks in corners and responds very well and surefooted during weight transfers. The wider 265's all around help too

Q: $15,000 is a lot of money. Is it your lowest price?
    A: Yes $15,000 is a lot of money but I also put 'obo' out there. Yes there is another car that I really want but I'm not going to sell myself short on this car. I have NO PROBLEMS keeping this car and if I don't sell this or the car I want sells then I'm driving this into the ground, I know the car and I know it will last forever.

Book on the car is somewhere around $12 if I'm not mistaken which includes the miles. I've put over the past year over $7,000 into the car in the form of performance upgrades and maintenance. That is just for parts alone! I've done ALL of the labor myself so figure another 30-40% for that! That $7,000 is what MY cost was for these parts (not retail or market), and I've been a pretty dedicated shopper picking up the CAI and MAF for $350 and TB for $300 for example (compared to $400, $900 and $600 respecitvely; which if I'm not mistaken Dinan doesn't even produce anymore). I've been lucky to find many of these parts. To replicate what I've done you'd probably be looking at much more in terms parts cost and EVEN more for labor! So really you're getting a solid car for a bit over book that performs, runs incredibly well and has been properly maintained with ALL of the records.

Q: What car are you looking to get?
    A: That is a secret but I think it is safe to say that I'm staying in the family

Note on a couple of the "flaws" of the car (no car is perfect)
    - There is a little "ding" in the roof. It has been on the car since I bought it. Nothing big or really noticeable but I'm not going to hide anything.
    - There is one SMALL door ding on the pass. side. It isn't bit at all (1/2") and you can only see it at an angle and when you are looking for it. No paint flake or cracking or anything like that.
    - Headlights has some light pitting and the adjusters ARE broken. The pitting can easily be taken car of by some buffing and although the adjusters are broken they are properly aligned and the lightoutput is proper
    - Front cup holders are glued shut. It is an E39 there are no such things as cup holders.
    - The rear cup holder is broken. I WILL FIX THIS by replacing with a new unit OR a storage unit.
    - There is NO SPARE TIRE. The 17" Style 32's I had won't clear the brakes.
    - The rear bumper is currently cracked from somebody backing into me but I WILL REPLACE IT and have already ordered a new bumper. Just waiting for it to ship and get painted. So the car will have a BRAND NEW rear bumper.
    - Front "fog horns" do not make noise, sorry (...haha but they do actually push air to the brakes).
    - Carpets are stained but I will replace them with new ones.
    - Rear window regulators are shot but I will replace and/or fix them.
    - AC Blows ICE COLD air. Sometimes though when it gets about 97* or the car is just started up it won't cool 100%. Once you get moving then it is fine and no issue.

That is about it. Again I will take care of most all of the above but I just wanted to be honest and put everything out there. The car, like most every on on the road is NOT perfect and in showroom condition. For its age and miles it IS however in as good if not better shape than cars with half or even less miles!

This is a 2 owner only car and both the precious owner and myself are AVID BMW enthusiasts. We take care of our cars and put time into them. I wouldn't sell anybody something I wouldn't want to drive or deal with. That is my word to anybody who is insterested in the car.

As usual if ANYBODY has any questions then please feel free to let me know!

Best!

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Mods can you replace 'Feeler' in the title with 'FS'?

Thanks!

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    I just washed her and snapped a few pics. It was getting pretty dark and i was using my old crappy camera but these will do for now.

...please don't rain overnight

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by PutterMcGavin View Post
    Yeah, yeah scoping out for the "goodies" huh?!

Its cool and I'd do the same thing but right now I'm going to keep her how she is. As I see it she is kind of a niche vehicle with all that I've done. I my mind there are 3 kinds of vehicles:

1) Stock
    2) Slightly modified - CAI here, exhaust there, tint, etc. performs above stock level
    3) Highly Modified - The "works." "Stages", wheels, suspension and basically everything you can do to a car. Performs well above stock.

If the car only had the CAI or whatever then I'd sell it but since the car has so many things it would A) take away from the nature of the car and B) be a PITA to take everything off...

Heck even the local Lotus dealer called me from my ad and wanted me to "bring it by" for them to look, possibly buy or maybe even put on consignment (yes even with the miles they said). To me that says something about a car...

If however I do part it out, you will be the first one to know!
    i definitely know what ur talking about bro =)...as much as people think that mods deter the value of a vehicle, i think otherwise...

i only brought up the question for two reasons...one, because u might get more money out of the sale, secondly, hehehehe i'm turning into a dinan fiend =P...

g/l on the sale! and thanks for keeping me in mind in case u do part it out =)...

Quote Originally Posted by PutterMcGavin View Post
    I just washed her and snapped a few pics. It was getting pretty dark and i was using my old crappy camera but these will do for now.

...please don't rain overnight

what a beaut...........drools...

authorized distributors of:: carbon 8 :: mycarr
    authorized seller of :: linea corse :: miro design :: dp engineering

please don't hesitate to contact me for your BMW needs!
    AIM : eur0dyne || Yahoo : euro_dyne || MSN : eur0dyne
    Email : sales@euro-dyne.com || Phone : (714) 901-5080

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    TTT

I've had a decent amount of interest but no body has put money in my pocket yet so fee lfree to make me an offer!

My Cars
    03 540iA
    ASA AR1 are just as hot as Rondell #58. That is one beautiful machine. I can tell you right now that you'll be happier keeping it - the spirits told me so.
    03 540iA finally sorted out

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnham View Post
    ASA AR1 are just as hot as Rondell #58. That is one beautiful machine. I can tell you right now that you'll be happier keeping it - the spirits told me so.
    Thanks for the compliment! I personally LOVE the wheels and the do look GREAT on the car, especially in person.

I know, I know I should keep the car and have no problem doing so but have a few other things in mind...

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Car is still here fellas!

I've had quite a few people interested in the car but nobody has picked her up yet.

Am I priced too aggressively? The miles scaring anybody (they shouldn't she is TIGHT)? Etc?

My Cars
    2002 540i/6
    It probably won't come to that anyway, but consider me as another "vulture", i.e. I would be interested in many of the parts and could do some stock parts + cash to make life easier.

Best of luck with the sale though, it is a beautiful car.
    95 M3 - SOLD
    02 540i/6 - SOLD
    '12 Audi A6

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Price Drop to $14,000 obo!

The car I wanted unfortunately has already sold I'm waiting things out but please let me know if you're interested!

I'm also willing to drop the price some by taking certain things off the car. I could let it go for $11.5k after taking off the Stoptech rotors, M5 Diff, all Dinan Goodies, Eibach Swaybars and maybe a couple other small things...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast