BMW of Bloomfield
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FEELER: '99 540i/6, Dinan 5, M5 Body, ALL RECORDS, CLEAN!

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i

**Updated** 540i/6, Dinan5, M5 LSD, KoniSusp & sways, M5 Body, ALL RECORDS, CLEAN!

Please refer to http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...6#post20109196 for an actually FS thread that doesn't date back to 2008. Thanks!

***PRICE DROP to $9,000obo***

8/13/2010 - New Pics on page 3 (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20085017&postcount=71)

UPDATED 7/27/2010

Well things have changed a bit. I went from absolutely wanting to keep the car to now needing something a bit bigger. Since I also have an E30 now as my DD and "fun car" this one is unfortunately going back up for sale.

- '99 540i 6-speed (10/98 build date)
    - 186k miles (majority highway; runs incredibly smooth; can have leakdown test done at potential buyer's expense)
    - Black w/Tan Interior (sport seats)
    - Sports Package
    - EVERY OPTION besides Nav, phone and rear shades
    - DSP sound system w/6-dics
    - PRICE UPDATE: $9,000obo*

Upgrades:
    - M5 3.15 LSD Diff (includes M5 driveshaft, appropriate flanges, Royal Purple fluid) - now roughly 20k old and in perfect condition
    - Eibach Swaybar Kit with polybushings (28mm front and 18mm rear); has TRANSFORMED the car!
    - StopTech M5 Slotted Rotors (with fresh brake flush) - new Axxis ULT pads at 180k
    - Bosch 13477 O2 Sensors
    - (NEW!) Koni Yellows with Eibach Pro Kit Springs (see my second post below for a link to pics; I'm VERY impressed with the setup!) - Replace the FSD's. Lifetime warranty!
    - ASA AR1 wheels in 18x9 ALL AROUND (i.e. non-staggered); has significantly helped with understeer. - 1 year old with BRAND NEW tires (Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110's in 275/35/18)
    - OEM Hella AE XENON Headlights with blacked out reflectors (used with broken adjusters but are secured with tie wraps and still point straight and look incredible!)
    - (NEW) F.A.G. Front wheel bearings
    - (NEW) OEM Lower Control Arms
    - (NEW) OEM Upper Control Arms with Powerflex Bushings
    - (NEW) BavAuto Rear Wishbones and Guiding Links
    - Dinan CAI - $500 from Dinan
    - Dinan MAF - $900 from Dinan
    - Dinan Throttle Body - $800 from Dinan
    - Dinan Stage 5 Software - $900 from Dinan
    - Pre-VANOS Intake Manifold - Dinan wnats $1200 for theirs!
    - Magnaflow 14816 exhaust (resonator Delete in April of '08) - Sounds VERY mean!
    - (NEW) Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 in 275/35/18 (installed 7/27/2010)
    - CCV Delete
    - OEM M5 brake system
    - Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines
    - Axxis ULT Pads
    - ATE Super Blue fluids
    - M3 SSK
    - 330ZHP weight shift knob
    - Euro-Spec Black Grill
    - EAS Blacked out badges (FULL BADGES, not "stickers") - NEW kit will be installed when sold.
    - 35% tint all around
    - OEM M5 Body kit (M-Technic rear valence and "sink drains" in front grill) with proper undercarriage panels and wheel liners up front
    - Bekker's M5 lip spoiler
    - DDM Tuning Hamann style splitters.
    - OEM +01 Headlights with Xenons (some minor pitting but can be buffed out; probably will be buffed soon; broken adjusters unfortunately but angled so they work fine!)
    - DEPO Smoked Tailights and second set of Depo red/clear tails (NO LEAKS!)
    - Royal Purple Tranny and Diff fluids
    - ??????????

Aesthetically the car looks INCREDIBLE inside and out. There is some slight webbing on the paint, but being black it is ALOT better than others. People are constantly impressed with the quality of the paint and I always get compliments on it. I will have the car professionally detailed BEFORE the new owner buys it. That should take care of most of the webbing.

The interior is in great shape as well with no tears, marks, etc. The carpet mats are a bit stained but that is it. No crack in the wood or broken buttons on the controls. There is a VERY SLIGHT bit of "clouding" on the M emblem at the top of the shift knob, nothing unusual. There is some wear though on the driver's outside bolster.

From a performance standpoint this car has to be in the top % of M62tu's out there! It is INCREDIBLY strong with no leaks, "odd" noises or oil consumption. I've run with a friend putting down 295rwhp in his '99 S/C'ed M3 and have no problem keep up from a 55mph roll. I've also performed well against E39 M5's and am quicker than E60 535is. It is a very solid car. The sound of the exhaust and intake are also quite pleasing! VERY throaty and pronouced, but subtle and pleasing without any droning in the low RPMs. The clutch was replaced at 108k and taken out and reinstalled with a new pivot bearing, pilot bearing and fork at 116k. There is absolutely NO slip anywhere in the RPM band as I generally drive it quite easily. I rev-match every down shift so wear has been kept at a minimum.

The car handles and rides extremely well for a large sedan.The Koni Yellows and Eibach package is quite amazing and provides a great balance of comfort and performance. With the Eibach sway bars I put on the car is flat as can be, holds the road INCREDIBLY well and overall is an impressive 4-door.

The previous owner was in his 50's and babied the car for nearly 7 years. He had ALL of his maintenance up to 115k done at Leith BMW in Raleigh, NC and was so anal about records that he recorded EVERY DROP OF GAS THAT WENT INTO THE CAR. I still have those records too! He had the station where he got it, the MPG, the price, etc. I average 22.6 mpg highway and city and get 27'ish on highway drives. I have literaly "book" of receipts both from his ownership and mine.

Since I've had it I've done the Valley Pan gasket, CCV, Intake manifold gaskets, tranny and diff fluid (Royal Purple), changed oil religiously every 3k miles with Mobil 1 0w40 (switched to Amsoil 5w40), changed all of the belts, had the brake system flushed with ATE Blue fluids and performed other maintenance.

There isn't anything wrong with the car, heck I'll probably wake up tomorrw and delete this, but my situation has determined for me that I need something a bit bigger for just occassionaly use.

Just let me know what you guys think!

***NEW UPDATED PICTURES at the top, older ones below!***(this is slowly becoming my picture dumping ground )

***NOTE: the 540i badge has been removed and the Dinan badge has been painted black (Plasti-Dip) and put on the right side. It looks great and pictures can be provided if asked for.***

Old

Last edited by PutterMcGavin; 08-17-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    Current Bimmer: '89 E30 DD, '89 E30 Project
    Former Bimmers: '09 E9 M3, '99 E39 540i, Dinan Stg. V | Dinan CAI, Dinan MAF, Dinan TB, Dinan S/W, Pre-VANOS "Dinan" intake manifold, Magnaflow exhaust, res. delete, M3 SSK| M5 3.15 LSD, Koni FSD w/Eibach Pro Kit, Eibach Sway bars, Powerflex bushings, Rogue tranny mounts, 18x9 ASA AR1's, 275 General Ex UHP's at each corner | M5 Brake system, Stoptech SS Lines, Axxis ULTs F&R, Stoptech Slotted rotors, ATE Super Blue...

My Cars
    04 sti

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by mumu24 View Post
    Hey I appreciate the offer and interest but I'm strictly going to either be in this car, an E46 M3 or an E39 M5. I'm a stamped "bimmer" guy...

Good luck with the sale and if you have continued interest for a non-trade deal then let me know.
    Former Bimmers: '09 E9 M3, '99 E39 540i, Dinan Stg. V | Dinan CAI, Dinan MAF, Dinan TB, Dinan S/W, Pre-VANOS "Dinan" intake manifold, Magnaflow exhaust, res. delete, M3 SSK| M5 3.15 LSD, Koni FSD w/Eibach Pro Kit, Eibach Sway bars, Powerflex bushings, Rogue tranny mounts, 18x9 ASA AR1's, 275 General Ex UHP's at each corner | M5 Brake system, Stoptech SS Lines, Axxis ULTs F&R, Stoptech Slotted rotors, ATE Super Blue...

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    a few more pics...

(the interior shots are old but the car is in the EXACT same shape, if not better. I also have more if the records if anybody is interested)

My Cars
    08' Xterra
    I can vouch for the car, its a beautful 5er
    Last edited by clemsonbimmer; 09-12-2007 at 01:25 PM.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    bump from S/C'ed M3 friend ... great car, great guy to buy from

My Cars
    NSX and S2000
    did this sell?

just curious if it did, did you go with the E46 M3 or the E39 M5?

My Cars
    E46 M3
    this is what i am looking for to bad you are soo far away

My Cars
    Falcor
    Wish you were close Good Luck on the sale, beautiful car.

My Cars
    Scion

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vontropnats View Post
    I'd chop off my nuts for this.
    no balls
    M driver, RSV4 Rider, Powerstroke roller

My Cars
    96' 318i
    Where exactly in NC are you located, because I coulda sworn I've seen this in Cary parked next to Cornerstone Pediatrics.

My Cars
    e36 m3, e39 m5
    trade for my car?
    11.75 @ 131 6262 2.8l TRM Tuning e36 m3 - 2011 http://dragtimes.com/BMW-M3-Timeslip-23541.html

My Cars
    E46 M3
    about how much hp do you estimate its making now with all them mods?

My Cars
    SVT Focus
    great condition...wow!

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Wow guess I should have subscribed to this thread when I put it up

I've put a bit more into it as I'm pretty set on keeping is but everybody has a price so if you're interested then please let me know!

FYI the car has a BRAND NEW suspension consisting of Koni FSD's and Eibach Pro Kit springs, I will be installing Powerflex thrust arm bushings soon, I've switched to Amsoil 5w40 oils, AND I've installed OEM Hella AE's with Xenons (broken adjusters though being held by tie wraps ).

Some updated pics can be found in the post below:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=863408

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperAC View Post
    did this sell?

just curious if it did, did you go with the E46 M3 or the E39 M5?
    Nope it hasn't sold and I still have it. I've pretty much settled on keeping the car as I don't want to spread myself too thin at the moment. I'd be all over either an E46 M3 or E39 M5 but mortgage payments and school loans are killing that idea right now...

It is funny that just last night was looking on CL and saw some GREAT deals on M3's and M5's as well! Too bad the V8 market is so soft right now, stupid gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 95325is View Post
    this is what i am looking for to bad you are soo far away
    Ah you're not too far away! Nothing like a nice road trip

Quote Originally Posted by DrDub View Post
    Wish you were close Good Luck on the sale, beautiful car.
    Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vontropnats View Post
    I'd chop off my nuts for this.
    Please don't...

Quote Originally Posted by g0ld View Post
    Where exactly in NC are you located, because I coulda sworn I've seen this in Cary parked next to Cornerstone Pediatrics.
    I live over in Durham near Southpoint mall but travel all over the area including Cary. There is one other car similar to mine running around but I've been told it isn't as clean as mine

Quote Originally Posted by dmb882 View Post
    trade for my car?
    You have a great looking car but I'd have to go for either an E46 M3 or E39 M5. Good luck with your's I've seen it on nceuro.org as well.

Quote Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
    about how much hp do you estimate its making now with all them mods?
    I'm guessing roughly 320'ish maybe? I might ge tthe car dyno'ed pretty soon and will post up the sheet once I get some solid numbers.

My Cars
    '12 X5M | '72 2002tii
    still waitin for the special homie hookup price...i'll take it off ur hands then,,,=)

My Cars
    03 LSB M3
    Please tel me its still for sale?

My Cars
    E46 M3
    This car is tits, I love drooling at the pics.

I'd keep it bro, I mean hell, you've already put in the work, and u said the motor is a freak motor, so just slap a SC on it, I mean if u buy a M5, it'll most likely be stock, and you'd most likely have to start all over again, cosmetic, fluids, suspension. You've already go the ground work in, so lsd and boost, and you'll have a M5 killer, then change the badge to like 530i or something, and just ruin peoples days constantly. Lol. I'd lose the wood trim tho.

My Cars
    03 LSB M3
    So does anyone know if this is still for sale?

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
    This car is tits, I love drooling at the pics.

I'd keep it bro, I mean hell, you've already put in the work, and u said the motor is a freak motor, so just slap a SC on it, I mean if u buy a M5, it'll most likely be stock, and you'd most likely have to start all over again, cosmetic, fluids, suspension. You've already go the ground work in, so lsd and boost, and you'll have a M5 killer, then change the badge to like 530i or something, and just ruin peoples days constantly. Lol. I'd lose the wood trim tho.

Thanks for the kind words! Trust me I've thought about selling it, then I've thought about keeping it, then I've thought about selling it, etc...I agree that the car is in EXCELLENT shape and I can easily see driving it for another 150k! We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by BMW47 View Post
    So does anyone know if this is still for sale?
    Hey sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you! I haven't kept up with this post that much.

Like the post above says, the car is pretty much right where it needs to be and I'm actually very comfortable with keeping it as I know what has been put into it and I know the shape of the car. Yes it has some miles, but the car is rock solid, has EVERY record from day one, I'm the 2nd owner, has NUMEROUS upgrades, etc, etc.

S to answer your question, I'm not actively seeking to sell the car at the moment, but that doesn't mean that I won't entertain offers . Just let me know if you're interested and we can go from there...

For anybody else who may be interested the following have been done in the past month:

- Front lower control arms with Powerflex PP bushings
    - Rear Wishbones
    - Rear guiding links
    - M5 alignment (GREAT alignment by on of the best in the area...)
    - "Xenon match" fog light bulbs
    - New Rear tires on 12/23/2007

Within the past 3-4 months:
    - Koni FSD's with Eibach Pro Kit springs...thing handles incredibly well and rides like a dream!
    - OEM Hella Xenon Headlights from a 01+ model. They have broken adjusters and are being held in place by tie wraps though (hey the lighting is GREAT and it still points straight )
    Last edited by PutterMcGavin; 01-20-2008 at 05:36 PM.

My Cars
    03 LSB M3
    I am very intersested, I crashed my 330Ci the other week and I have to bring my self to sell it, just waiting on the bodyshop to give me the estimate. But how much are you looking for?

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    To be honest I'm probably looking for roughly $17k...

To alot that may sound "high" but like I said, the car is in INCREDIBLE shape, has a LONG history, has had about everything performance wise besides a LSD or FI and overall is a solid car. Plus like I said, I don't need to sell it and if I don't then I have no problems keeping it, I know what I have . If however I do sell it, then great I can look into something else!

Just let me know what you think and we can go from there...

Take care,
    James

My Cars
    03 LSB M3
    Yea is a lil high but very understandable so I am still interested. I have to sell my 330 first unless for some reason you want to trade ha. But while I'm waiting for it to sell could you send me the vin and maybe some mantance records. And by the way the car is amazing only thing I would change would be some tints

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW47 View Post
    Yea is a lil high but very understandable so I am still interested. I have to sell my 330 first unless for some reason you want to trade ha. But while I'm waiting for it to sell could you send me the vin and maybe some mantance records. And by the way the car is amazing only thing I would change would be some tints
    NP I'll see about getting you some pictures and the VIN tonight.

FYI it does have 35% tint. Unfortunately the light interior with the dark exterior doesn't do it justice

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast