Thread: weird "Check Engine" light issue

My Cars
    E34, among others

Question weird "Check Engine" light issue

So as I was leaving for work this morning, I noticed my car's check engine light blink on, then off. It could only have been on for a few seconds before it turned off. So, I did the stomp test and pulled the code, which if I'm reading it right is 1222, which is the "lambda control 1." First off, what the heck is that???

Secondly, when I tried to clear the code by holding down on the accelerator, it just keeps blinking the code over and over again, and will not reset. How do I clear this code?

As some background, yesterday afternoon I replaced some dash bulbs, which required me to unhook the battery and remove the airbag to take off the steering wheel. The airbag was never unplugged while the battery was hooked up, and I'm not getting an SRS light, so I don't really think it could be related. However, stranger things have happened.

Any info is appreciated!

The M30B35: One of the best inline-six engines from the worlds best inline-six maker.

My Cars
    E34, among others
    bump. No one has any ideas?? Where's Mr. Project!

The M30B35: One of the best inline-six engines from the worlds best inline-six maker.

My Cars
    1990 535i
    Is probably a small vacumn leak. Check your hoses, I wouldn't give it much thought if the check light is turning on and off on certain occasions. Mine turns on when the engine is at idle for more than a minute turns off as soon as I drive off or turn it off Drive(D).