Thread: Brake pads without alignment

My Cars
    E36, 06 Subaru WRX WGN

Brake pads without alignment

This may seem like an obvious NO...but I just want to throw this question out here>

I recently changed my tie rods and haven't had a professional alignment since. I would prefer to change them before the alignment since I have some time.

Would it affect the pad bedding if my wheels are not aligned? Should I wait until after the alignment? Thanks!

My Cars
    11 335d, 03 325i
    Alignment does not change any of the angles used between the pad and rotor, so I would doubt it would affect bedding in of the brakes. Though I can't say I'd feel comfortable doing it not having everything aligned.
    Strömung Exhaust // Bilstein Sport/H&R Sport Suspension // Microsuede Interior // 6000k HIDs // Cosmos V2 Intake // Manual ZF Swap // Jim Conforti Chip

My Cars
    95 DASC 318ic
    your brakes goes where the wheels are...i can't see how the alignment would affect the brakes. i believe the alignment only affects how much tire wears.

95 alpine white 318iC - my 1st bimmer!!! now even better w/ dasc, tokico illuminas, h&r sport springs, new wheels, new top & hid...just a few of the sunk costs in this money pit!!!
    88 civic w/ zc swap
    97 lifted tj
    and a few more project cars!!!

My Cars
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by red97tj View Post
    your brakes goes where the wheels are...i can't see how the alignment would affect the brakes. i believe the alignment only affects how much tire wears.
    More like vehicle handling and stability. Poor tire wear is the consequence of a poor alignment.

My Cars
    00 540iTs Glacier, 06 RR
    Unless your about to replace your tires or change springs, then you should align anyway. Plus, a bad alignment puts a constant load on the bushings, which will wear prematurely.

My Cars
    E36, 06 Subaru WRX WGN
    Yeah, I'm getting it aligned tomorrow, would rather do the pads tonight but I can hold off until tomorrow! thanks