Thread: How to take good photos with my point and shoot?

My Cars
    That

How to take good photos with my point and shoot?

I have a basic Sony Cybershot 6.0mega pixels camera. What are some good tips or ways I can take good phots with this camera?

My Cars
    87 325is, 00 323iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett M View Post
    I have a basic Sony Cybershot 6.0mega pixels camera. What are some good tips or ways I can take good phots with this camera?
    SLR or P&S the actions will be the same. you wont have the control or clarity of the SLR but once can maximize their image quality by making sure the image is properly exposed and the lighting is good. under exposed and you will see noise over exposed it will look washed out. if you pay attention to your lighting conditions and such you will see that its very easy to make your images look better, simply because they are done right will will maximize the quality of your image. my D200 takes shitty pictures if i dont do it right. if i under expose it i can start to get ISO noise at higher ISO's

Go to a Borders or any book store and find a basic photography book, I have one its like guide to digital photography or something like that. its by Scott Kelby. I keep it with me all the time it has great articles that help in some cases. also a book on lighting might help if you dont want to buy one go in and read it get an idea of whats going on.

Also do some tests. set your camera up and take pictures in different light conditions and see what happens.

My Cars
    Black E36 2.8l 4dr Autotragic
    Biggest thing I could think of is to create yourself a lense-hood out of paper (like only an inch or so) and tape it to the end of your lens. It will reduce glare and effectively (in sunlight) reduce haze in all of your pictures. Tripods also help with fuzzy pictures, as do brighter settings.

Give us examples of some of your pics and we'll do the best we can to critique.

My Cars
    07 BSM/BLK Z4 M Coupe
    just make sure you take them in the right lighting as previously mentioned.

that will make them look a lot better.

don't use flash

see if you can keep the ISO low

post pictures.

2007 ///M Coupe BSM/Black Extended/Fully Optioned | RPi GT Exhaust w/custom gloss black tips | Michelin PS2s 245/265 | Pinnacle F1 Tint 35% | ZHP Shift Knob | RPi Scoops/Air Filter

My Cars
    Outlander
    Taking pictures is ALL about lighting.

I know some people don't like him, but here is an article on why your camera doesn't matter.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm

My Cars
    87 325is, 00 323iT
    i love ken he is opinionated but he is good at writing articles and his information is very detailed and useful. kenrockwell and bythom are both good resources for articles, but mostly for nikon users

My Cars
    That
    A few simple ones of my dog im not trying to be great, just want to capture the memories with quality photos.

My Cars
    87 325is, 00 323iT
    they look pretty good. they are clear and crisp.

My Cars
    07 BSM/BLK Z4 M Coupe
    PP helps too

2007 ///M Coupe BSM/Black Extended/Fully Optioned | RPi GT Exhaust w/custom gloss black tips | Michelin PS2s 245/265 | Pinnacle F1 Tint 35% | ZHP Shift Knob | RPi Scoops/Air Filter

My Cars
    330D Wagon
    For a P&S, I'd say composition is the big factor, since other determinants (shutter speed/aperture/flash effectiveness) are limited or difficult to set.

Good composition transcends these limitations and will result in very presentable shots.

330D Wagon - 387lb/ft of kick-ass