Thread: So, i ran into a issue doing my entire rear suspension overhaul..

My Cars
    08/91 BMW 325i

So, i ran into a issue doing my entire rear suspension overhaul..

So i had both my lifts open finally after a month of waiting.. (we had 4 but took 2 out for more shop space..) to do my entire rear suspension overhaul.. (doing all the bushings and chassis reinforcment with the welding etc.. )
    Ive waited this long to do it. We've been busy at the shop and the lifts were always being used so i never had a chance to do my own car..

Well.. my problem is.. some one scattered my inverted hex tools.. so i couldnt find the E12 i needed to take the shafts off the diff...
    So my night ended early with my car..

But tomorrow.. it shall be done..

08/91 BMW 325I - fabbed intake - chip - Koni shocks and struts w/ Eibach prokit made for a 95 M3

My Cars
    BMW E36 323i AKA The Blue Beast
    keep us posted , i changed my control arm mounting and ever since the ride seems to have changed..... in a wierd way ..... what i mean to say is the problem i undertook to fix is now fixed but the ride has aquired a new irritation

My Cars
    E36 M3 3.2 EVO
    Good luck to you, man. I did my suspension overhaul 3 mounth ago and could definetely feel the ride difference.
    You're so lucky you have 2 lifts, I've done my job on the ground with axle stands...

My Cars
    08/91 BMW 325i
    the front diff bushing i bought from bava auto.. the blue bushing.. it didnt fit my subframe.. i cut the metal shell it was in and pressed the urethan bushing in..

the subframe bushings.. i torched and knocked the center out then cut it with the sawsalll then got my 10 year old big flat head screw driver and my favorite hammer.. and did some banging to bend the bushing to loosen it up a bit then i knocked it out with the hammer...

for some reason i got red and yellow bushings from uuc.. i noticed the over height of the bushings were different by a tad bit.. doubt itll make a difference...

ill post pix up later...

my front diff bolt snapped too.. looks like it was drilled and tapped 2-3 times already.. so im gonna have to drill it and maybe tap it and fab some reinforcment so it wont happen again..

08/91 BMW 325I - fabbed intake - chip - Koni shocks and struts w/ Eibach prokit made for a 95 M3