Thread: how to secure car on flatbed or trailer?

My Cars

how to secure car on flatbed or trailer?

does anyone know how to secure the car on on flatbed or trailer? do we use the front and back holes on the bumper only? or do we have to tie the car down using additional tie-down points? thank you.
    2000 CTSC NSX
    2007 Acura TL-S

My Cars
    TBSS, 90 348, 65 Mustang
    I know that I am not answering your question, but do not tie the car down by any of the suspension components. They will bend and need to be replaced.

My Cars
    E46 M3, '11 Jeep GC
    I towed my car from Florida on a U-haul car trailer, it came with two straps or harnesses that go around the front wheels and you also use a chain with a hook on the end to secure the rear axle. The only problem I had was getting my car on and off the trailer without ripping my front end off, I had two people lift up on the fenders and used wood blocks, big PITA!

My Cars
    ?
    The best way to tie a BMW down is with the T-Hooks available from www.BimmerHaus.com. This is how BMW ties the car down when they transport your car to the dealer. The next best thing is the use 2 axle straps through the center of the diffcarrier, then use 2 ratchet tie straps (you'll need 4 of these for however you chose to tie the car down) to connect these to the trailer. get them tight! In the front you can go through the holes in the front control arm and X patern your tie straps, the downside is that you will cause some unnecessary wear on your front rms and bushings. another option for the front is to use axle straps through the wheels (be careful of the valve) and tie it down accordingly.

Remember, be very careful in getting the car firmly strapped down. Any movement once the car is secured will damage the car. When in doubt, don't do it.

Finally, never, ever, use the I hooks in the tool kit to tie the car down. Those hooks aremade for fore ad aft movement, not up and down. You will damage the car trying to use them to secure to a trailer (I've seen a few sets of bumpers ripped off or badly damaged by people trying to do this)

Brian..who ties down 4 BMW's every week