BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 97' M3/4 AA turbo - First $10.5k takes it!!

My Cars
    95 M3; VSR Tuned.

97' M3/4 AA turbo - First $10.5k takes it!!

I am selling a 1997 BMW M3 4 door Turbo 5spd. First $10.5k takes the car! This is a lot of car for the amount invested. The car has approximately 121k on the clock and less than 1k since ownership. The reason for selling is because I am finishing my last year of undergrad and cannot afford the upkeep and demands for an FI’ed car. Upon ownership I replaced the guibo joint from the e34 m5 and a newer drive shaft since the old one was twisted as well as the CSB (center shaft bearing I believe sp?) The car has a CLEAN TITLE and I have it in hand w no liens, in 98' it had a salvage title - after inspection of frame rails and major components- a clear title was issued. Don’t let this scare you, the car drives straight and handles tight. I wish I could keep the car as I had 2 m3’s prior to this one and this one's a screaming rocket, but sadly It has to go.

Here’s some info on the car:

-Titanium Silver on Mulburry Leather (lux)
    -Active Autowerke Tuning Stage 1 Turbo Kit- pulls really hard to redline and the spool is amazing
    Installed in 2005
    -Custom 3” turbo back exhaust w/ a Magnaflow muffler- sounds mean as hell and the waste gate is vented to the atmosphere
    Installed 2005
    -UUC ceramettalic clutch w/ UUC lightweight flywheel
    ~2k miles of use, strong but a little noisy
    -New e34 M5 guibo joint
    -Newer m3 driveshaft
    -Bilstein Shocks/Struts
    -The Rear Subframe of the car has been reinforced/welded
    -Active Autowerke DSB was put on the prevent blowing the diff mounts
    -H&R Race Springs
    -Zimmerman Rotors all around w/ a good amount of pads left
    -18” Hamann HM2’s Chrome Finish staggerd set-up, could use some tlc
    -VDO boost gauge
    -Stock Head Unit w factory 6CD changer
    -Full Size DSII spare w. Michelin Pilot Sport
    -Genuine Hella Celis glass head lamps w/ angel eyes
    -Clear Corners up front
    -Smoked Tails in the rear
    -Rear M3 spoiler w brake light

~theres probably more i could list but can't think of any at the moment..

The car needs some tlc. It isn’t perfect but with some work you can make the car into a machine of perfection. This car is going to need a re-spray or front end paint work due to the previous owner parking under a sap tree in the peak of summer. The car has 2 minor rust spots to that I would address with the paintjob that are smaller than the size of nickels. The interior I would rate a 6/10 because it is aged, the front seats have taken its toll and the wood trim from the lux package have started to age, but then again I’m looking at it from a perfectionist’s point of view. The headliner does not sag at all either and the rear seats are in good condition. The car smokes a little on start up but does go away within minutes. I was told some new valve stem seals would work or a head gasket. For some one who can work on these cars, this would be a fun little project. You are getting alot of car for a great deal.

As for pics, I am currently using the computer at my work and hopefully I can get my laptop back soon to upload photos, but any one who isn’t tire kicking or loves waste my time to pinpoint imperfections are more welcome to see the car. I don’t have my laptop as it is in for repair so contact by phone would be the best option, so please don’t pm me. Give me a call at this number (201-248-5131) and we can set a time to show the car. If I do not pick up, I am either at work or in class and I will get back to you promptly. I am also located in Bergen County, North Jersey.
    Last edited by blakbimmer; 09-05-2007 at 12:15 PM.
    98' TECHNOVIOLET M3 PROJECT: STREETSLAYER'topsecretarea51status' UNDER MAJOR SURGERY! SHES IN BETTER HANDS NOW....

Sold: Gone, but...I'd buy them all back!
    05' Interlagos Blue ZCP M3 Slick Top, 6spd Man'sTrans, M-Alcantara Manual Seats: the unicorn that ran away
    95' Dinan "Collection" sans S/C 5spd M3 Sil/Blk.
    97' M3/4/5 Sil/Mulberry ActiveAutowerke Stg. 2 Turbo

My Cars
    M3
    Get a leak down test done, it will help your sale

My Cars
    M3, 328i, 951
    Is the car straight enough to drive from NJ back to georgia? how is the clutch? Any ticking from the motor? Explain the "noise" you were talking about.
    thanks
    FS: 95 M3 HFM used, stock air-box, stock chip, factory head-unit, factory 6 disc changer and other misc parts. PM for more info!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 318Mpower View Post
    Thanks "DJ Genius" , not everyone is a hater. I might actually do a jdm b16 swap(keep laughing when I'm putting down more HP/TQ than you) with triple ESC( electric supercharger newbs) megasqurit independent fuel management, GReddy boost controller and BOV. This setup is good for atleast 300WHP. My friends civic had the same setup.

My Cars
    Corolla, 4Runner, F150
    pics of said machine
    DON'T BUY PWR RADIATORS

My Cars
    95 M3; VSR Tuned.
    It is fine to drive, no ticking in the motor or leaks... clutch is newer in the car and w the combination of the ltw flywheel, it makes a chattery noise with is expected, i havent got my pc back from HP yyet, and I will get pics as soon as i get my pc back
    98' TECHNOVIOLET M3 PROJECT: STREETSLAYER'topsecretarea51status' UNDER MAJOR SURGERY! SHES IN BETTER HANDS NOW....

05' Interlagos Blue ZCP M3 Slick Top, 6spd Man'sTrans, M-Alcantara Manual Seats: the unicorn that ran away

My Cars
    95 M3; VSR Tuned.
    i will try to find some pics in the mean time..

My Cars
    M3, 328i, 951
    Quote Originally Posted by blakbimmer View Post
    i will try to find some pics in the mean time..
    I am very serious about picking this car up. PM or E-mail me pics and everything you know about this car as soon as you get your laptop back!
    cvg789008@coomcast.net

Thanks,
    Chris
    FS: 95 M3 HFM used, stock air-box, stock chip, factory head-unit, factory 6 disc changer and other misc parts. PM for more info!!!!
    Thanks "DJ Genius" , not everyone is a hater. I might actually do a jdm b16 swap(keep laughing when I'm putting down more HP/TQ than you) with triple ESC( electric supercharger newbs) megasqurit independent fuel management, GReddy boost controller and BOV. This setup is good for atleast 300WHP. My friends civic had the same setup.

My Cars
    02 Honda Accord
    Is it OBD 1?

My Cars
    98 M3/4
    still available?

My Cars
    95 M3; VSR Tuned.
    hey guys, been busy lately, but i encourage and interested parties to give me a call on the cell - (201)-248-5131, the car is still available!

My Cars
    95 M3; VSR Tuned.
    car is obdII

My Cars
    e46 m3, e28 m5
    pics if possible

My Cars
    02 honda civic
    can you send pics to carmaster23@aol.com

My Cars
    95 M3; VSR Tuned.
    here are some pics and I will take more as soon as i can as the are from the preovious owner:
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    Out of Service
    too bad your not closer to chicago

My Cars
    01 AW M3
    Did you buy this off a forum member? I thought I saw this car get sold on here while back. GL with the sale.

My Cars
    95 M3; VSR Tuned.
    yes it was purchased here on the boards, but due to some unfortunate circumstances, I must sell the beast, bump..

My Cars
    M3, 328i, 951
    Still for sale?

My Cars
    95 M3; VSR Tuned.
    still for sale, just buttoning a few things up. Give me a call if you are interested

My Cars
    1994 White NA8
    can u send me some more detailed pics of the interior and the rust spots. as well as any other you have of the car im very interested email me at Tumbler1 @gmail.com