Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: tire pressure?

My Cars
    e36 328is,T4R, is250AWD
    Hi Peeps, tis me once again with another question.
    How much shouldI infalte my 225/45zr-17 tires? I looked in the manual, but my stock wheels weren't 17's.
    CurrentlyI have them at 32front/35 rear. Too high? what do u guys have in your rubbers? Thanx

Here is what I have been told to do. Drive the car around for a while. Inflate the tire to whatever the max presure is on the side of the tire. Since air expands when it is warm, that is when you should fill the tire.

Now if this is totally wrong, please let me know.
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.
    Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap the f*cker upside the head...

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    euro, ever inflate a balloon too much? ever see it explode? that's what's going to happen to your tires!

way too much pressure, besides your tire wear is going to be very uneven.

general rule: for every 1" of upsizing add 2psi. then from there you can adjust to suit your taste of handling. the more pressure the harsher the ride but faster and more responsive control.

on my 15" I run 34F and 36R.
    on my 18" I run 38F and 39.5R

when I auto-x, I run 39F and 40R, keeps my rear end from breaking loose

Hey man, I'm a professional!

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    for pot holes and such keep in mind that less pressure means a better chance of bending a rim and more pressure means better chance of blowing a tire.

I took the trade of blowing a tire and don't forget to check your spare tire pressure too!

right. I inflate my tires to the max pressure on the tire (in this case its 38 psi) when the tires are warm. This way (in theory) the tires should not have any over inflation issues because of the temp at time of filling. As the tire temp goes down, so will the psi... I am no rocket scientist, but I know when air will expand and contract.
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.
    Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap the f*cker upside the head...