Thread: another intake question!?

Question another intake question!?

OK. I'm stuck. The BenFer seems like such a good deal for a CAI. Any reports of it absorbing engine heat or does it repel that pretty good? The choice is either BenFer for $150 bucks or the ECIS with heatshield for $239. The more feedback gives me better feeling of which to buy. Thanks

My Cars
    BMW 540i
    What is a BenFer? I've never heard of it!
    Blue 2002 540i/6
    Former Arctic Silver 1998 M3 Track Car
    Shopping for new track car!

My Cars
    Z3 2.3, Isetta 300
    Yello...use the search function at the top and search for intake. There will be more infor than you could ever digest. The popular ones around here are the Jim Conforti, Dinan, ECIS, and Pete Pham (I might have left one or two out). The Benfer is kind of an ebay special, it seems. I've never seen a dyno on the setup. It's name reminds me of an old joke (slightly modified):

Guy1 "I have a dickfer intake"
    Guy 2 "What's a dickfer?"
    Guy 1 "Fuckin"
    EX-NASA SpecE30 Racer---NASA Florida Certified Instructor

My Cars
    1995 M3
    They have a few on Ebay, just to spread the word.
    Base price is $150 w/ OBX filter.
    K&N add, I think $35 then add another $40 for the AEM H20 bypass valve.
    Cost, $225 not incl shipping.
    Same approach as the Dinan except not CF.
    By that, I mean, the filter sits down by the brake duct.
    No heat shield is necessary.
    Site shows dyno sheets.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681

My Cars
    E39 540i
    Originally posted by Balthazarr
    They have a few on Ebay, just to spread the word...
    This will be my first and last post pertaining to our products on this board because we are not yet affiliated with Bimmerforums. I'm answering M3inSC's question, and (after this) will refrain from posting about our products.

BenFer (or BFP) started out because we saw this guy on Ebay literally robbing people for $150 for a piece of dressed up exhaust pipe that was NOT custom fit for the application... Having some experience with intakes on other modified cars, we set out to develop a similarly priced - but custom fit intake for the E36/E46/E39's. Using thin gauge aluminized pipe, a hi temp heat resistant coating, silicone couplings, and relatively decent base filters, we started making intakes and selling them on Ebay. Killer Junior (e46fanatics frequent) bought our intake, did a dyno which yielded 8.5 HP and 11 ft/lbs of TRQ on his 2001 325i, and organized a 50 member group buy in January.

Flash forward 6 months... We've sold well over 400 units, and with the profits from those sales, have commissioned a very experienced machine shop to produce one-piece aluminum units for us that will be powdercoated in a black wrinkle finish for the E36/E46/E39, which will be priced about $100 less than *the other* in-bumper CAI... They will also all include K&N or equivalent high flow filters (like the *other* company uses) instead of OBX, and will include a water sock to prevent H20 ingestion.

We do sell on Ebay, though that will soon go away. Ebay was a means of getting our name out and accumulating capital. We are beginning to branch out with these one-piece units (in about a month), a line of exhausts (in about 6 months), and a few other goodies which are in beta. We offer a full money back guarantee if you're not satisfied with our products, no questions asked.

-SB

www.benferperformance.com