Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends helping friends Thread

My Cars
    07 335i, 03 Boxster, 99 Neon R/T
    Anyone who needs help installing a Vishnu Procede v3 let me know... installed one tonight for somebody. Relatively easy. Just don't drop any screws like I did underneath the ECU tray... Added a good 30 more minutes to the job yanking the frikkin thing out.
    Last edited by NeonRT99; 08-12-2008 at 07:28 PM.

My Cars
    98 M3 and 88 NT650
    so thinking of the aFe EURO HFM for the e36 from bimmerworld. yes/no?

COOLING: Zionsville radiator, Stewart performance water pump, fan delete kit SUSPENSION: uuc sway bars, x-brace, uuc strut bar , front racing dynamics bar STOP: 6PISTONS WILWOODS MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    "THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME"

My Cars
    e36, X1 xdrive35i
    What's up my fellow bimmer crew. Well, as many of ya know, I am deployed in Iraq right now. Before I left I purchased a 740 and my co-worker said I could leave it at his house on post and his wife would start it for me every 2 weeks or so. I was told by her husband yesterday that the battery is dead and that the key only works for the trunk. Good thing BMW puts the battery there. Ya'll know me, always down to wrench and help out a fellow BF member. So if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Also, as the way things look, it looks like I am re-enlistin to stay on the island. Miss it like crazy right now and all the mebers there. The cruises, the meetins, the meet ups for DIY.

Big thanks to my boy Jarod for takin care of my other baby. No worries bro, new shocks and brakes funding comin soon. Long story there brotha. Lil bro graduated from college and grabbed a degree but job market in Austin was suckin for a couple months. No more scholarship moeny. So he came to big bro instead of the parents. But through the kindness of my help, looks like I inherited a 97 325i from him. WOOOOT! Chock another bimmer up to my fam.
    Reunited and it feels so good! Muahahaha!

"Dang it Jim, I'm a medic not a mechanic!"

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDubbin View Post
    What's up my fellow bimmer crew. Well, as many of ya know, I am deployed in Iraq right now. Before I left I purchased a 740 and my co-worker said I could leave it at his house on post and his wife would start it for me every 2 weeks or so. I was told by her husband yesterday that the battery is dead and that the key only works for the trunk. Good thing BMW puts the battery there. Ya'll know me, always down to wrench and help out a fellow BF member. So if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Also, as the way things look, it looks like I am re-enlistin to stay on the island. Miss it like crazy right now and all the mebers there. The cruises, the meetins, the meet ups for DIY.

Big thanks to my boy Jarod for takin care of my other baby. No worries bro, new shocks and brakes funding comin soon. Long story there brotha. Lil bro graduated from college and grabbed a degree but job market in Austin was suckin for a couple months. No more scholarship moeny. So he came to big bro instead of the parents. But through the kindness of my help, looks like I inherited a 97 325i from him. WOOOOT! Chock another bimmer up to my fam.
    What needs to be done on the 7er John? New battery? Jump start?

My Cars
    e36, X1 xdrive35i
    What's up? I hope it is just a jump for right now. He is supposed to get back to me with the address. I think she has just been startin it and not lettin it run for a bit.

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    What's up? I hope it is just a jump for right now. He is supposed to get back to me with the address. I think she has just been startin it and not lettin it run for a bit.
    Hopefully someone closer can attend to it. I'm in Hawaii Kai and have no military stickers on my cars. If not, I can make my way out there.

My Cars
    yes, have some
    pm sent J

My Cars
    e36, X1 xdrive35i
    Thanks Brian. It's all good. Thanks for the PM Steve. I will get back to you with the info once I get it. Now thas the reason I am willin to stay in Hawaii for a lot longer. I have never met a great group of people like ya'll that will help out when they can and are so friendly. Mahalo.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster, 95 Ford Ranger
    I have a battery pack I can loan if that will help.

My Cars
    e36, X1 xdrive35i
    Quote Originally Posted by erbillingsley View Post
    I have a battery pack I can loan if that will help.
    Thanks Ed. You guys rock. I hate askin for help, but I don't want the car to jus sit like that. No worries tho. Next thing ya know, I will be back.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    i can drive it on auto-x fun runs to blow out all the carbon after it gets running...no problem, you're welcome...

big chad + drunk wimmenz = FTMFW

jarod + sterling + tom = ROFL

My Cars
    E30 318is, E34 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by poser View Post
    i can drive it on auto-x fun runs to blow out all the carbon after it gets running...no problem, you're welcome...

Ill head up there to hook it up and see what i find. Battery may just need some water....and a decent charge.
    -Jarod

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." -A Senior Enlisted U.S. Marine

"Dont bitch about it if you've done nothing to try and make it better." -Me

"Leeb it to Bradder, Bradder" -Jayson Guzman

My Cars
    e36, X1 xdrive35i
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJerd View Post
    Ill head up there to hook it up and see what i find. Battery may just need some water....and a decent charge.

Thanks brotha. I wish I was home right now. The days are long and hot here. Miss wrenchin. I will get the info to you ASAP.

My Cars
    E30 318is, E34 Touring
    Thanks brotha. I wish I was home right now. The days are long and hot here. Miss wrenchin. I will get the info to you ASAP.

Make sure you let the people know Im coming. I wouldnt mind taking it down the street to rid the tires of flat spots also.
    -Jarod

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." -A Senior Enlisted U.S. Marine

"Dont bitch about it if you've done nothing to try and make it better." -Me

"Leeb it to Bradder, Bradder" -Jayson Guzman

My Cars
    2007 BMW Z4 3.0SI
    I'll be moving to Oahu mid October with my wife. She's in the air force and will be stationed @ Hikam (sp?). I'm a computer tech and will be searching for a job when i get there. Been repairing computers, networks, and small business servers for about 10 years now.

I'm a new owner of a Black 1996 Z3 and been loving driving this car. It's gonna need some work when i get to the island (replacing rear and front shocks), Brakes probably need to be changed soon and other stuff like that.

any advice help is appreciated and i'll be happy to work on any sick computers and networks.

Clemson
    Last edited by Clemson; 09-24-2008 at 11:50 PM. Reason: miss spellings

My Cars
    yes, have some
    clemson, the crowd here is knowledgable and helpful. there is a great auto skills center a hop/skip/jump from hickham for bigger jobs like suspension and whatnot. get the parts before hand and have them shipped with your household goods to save some cash. id be more than willing to help you out if you feel you need it.

My Cars
    04 325I; 1989 520I (sold);1996 328I (sold)
    Welcome to the Forum Clemson..There is definately knowledgeable and a great bunch of people here on the forum. We look forward to meeting you once you get on the island.

If your ride is here in time we are having a cruise on the 25th of Oct. You are more then welcome to join us..

My Cars
    Aloha Clemson
    I saw you sign onto the Z3 forum. Hope your enjoying your Z. Keep us advised when you get to Hickam and plan on joining us for some of our activities. If you click on the link in my signature you will see some of the Cars and Coffee's we have as well as some of the cruises. Whats your arrival date and when do you expect to get your car here?

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Welcome to the forums, Clemson.

My Cars
    2007 BMW Z4 3.0SI
    Thx guys. I just got her orders today and will start the moving process. I hope to be there around the 15th but not sure how fast the military will move. and they will be shipping the Z3 so... it might be next year till i get it lol..

My Cars
    Are you living in Greenville now? My daughter lives in Simsonville and her son goes to Clemson.

My Cars
    2011 335i/2018 Audi A3
    I am in the AF at Hickam. When you guys get here, I am more than willing to help you guys out and show you around the base.
    Also, you will not meet a better group of car nuts/friends, than right here on the forum. Not only do we talk crap to eachother, but we always help eachother out, with whatever comes along. If one person doesn't know how to do something here, there are ten other who do and show how......
    You don't need to use force, just project power......
    18 A3
    11 N55 335i
    16 Q3 (Sold)
    13 Z34 Sport (Sold)
    01 E46 330Ci Fern green metallic (Sold)

84 e30 325e (Sold)
    85 e30 318i (Given Away)
    02 996 Carrera Cab (Sold)
    02 e46 M3 (Sold)
    82 e28 528e (Towed)
    95 Supercharged e36M3 (Sold)

My Cars
    04 325I; 1989 520I (sold);1996 328I (sold)
    Not sure where you are coming from Clemson but it took just under 30days for my car to get here from Baltimore. So ship your Z now that way it will be here in time for the cruise. Otherwise just show up in your rental car or whatever you happen to be driving at the time. Its not so much what you are driving with us at the cruises but the friends that are around you..

My Cars
    Come on, I want another Z to play with.

My Cars
    2007 BMW Z4 3.0SI
    Well just talked to TMO and looks like it's gonna be after the 25th before i can get there =(. Unfortunately i can't ship my car early b/c i have to use it for work, so i guess i'll be w/o my new baby for a bit... booooo!

erbillingsley - I actually live in simpsonville now and a 98' clemson grad!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast