Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friends helping friends Thread

My Cars
    2001 540i/2001 Regal
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    been doing some more research and looks like it could be too many things. Starter, alternator, solenoid, EWS (might be), the key (unfortunately only have one, so this could be a poss too), ignition switch, etc.

Just gonna have it looked at professionally.

So you think A&A or motor werkes is better than BME?

Turned out to be the key. New one should be in soon. Thanks all

My Cars
    1986 325E
    Oh yeah, fixed. But i lost your number, so i can drop off the 32" whenever. Now all i need now is a spring compressor.....

On that note, the 2011 vehicles are in. I don't know if any of you or friends are looking for a new vehicle, or used. I'll give you a crazy good discount, i need to move numbers this month, not gross on my deals

I work at Tony Nissan now, no longer Honda, but i can help with VW, Honda or Hyunda as well.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster, 95 Ford Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidskillz View Post
    Oh yeah, fixed. But i lost your number, so i can drop off the 32" whenever. Now all i need now is a spring compressor.....

On that note, the 2011 vehicles are in. I don't know if any of you or friends are looking for a new vehicle, or used. I'll give you a crazy good discount, i need to move numbers this month, not gross on my deals

I work at Tony Nissan now, no longer Honda, but i can help with VW, Honda or Hyunda as well.
    I am still in AZ. Will be here for another week. Will give you a shout when I get back to Hawaii and we can meet up.

My Cars
    2001 540i/2001 Regal
    Would anybody happen to have an extra mk-III or IV nav unit laying around i can use to test? I suspect mine is dead (blank nav screen, radio works for a couple minutes and shits off. But i dont want to spend 300-600 bucks just to find out its not the problem.

Would just need to plug it in and see if that fixes my issue, then ill go buy my own or yours if its up for sale

Quote Originally Posted by liquidskillz View Post

damn, was just shopping for a new sonata like 2 months ago. They offered me a horrible deal though and scared me away, for atleast a year
    Last edited by newone757; 10-21-2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Would anybody happen to have an extra mk-III or IV nav unit laying around i can use to test? I suspect mine is dead (blank nav screen, radio works for a couple minutes and shits off. But i dont want to spend 300-600 bucks just to find out its not the problem.

Would just need to plug it in and see if that fixes my issue, then ill go buy my own or yours if its up for sale

damn, was just shopping for a new sonata like 2 months ago. They offered me a horrible deal though and scared me away, for atleast a year
    The new Sonata in nice!

My Cars
    2001 540i/2001 Regal
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beastmaster View Post
    The new Sonata in nice!
    YES it is. I was actually comparing it with the maxima and against my will i liked it over the maxima! Logically it doesnt make sense but its such good bang for buck.

My Cars
    2000 M5

This is the exact behavior that mine was showing, I got used to hitting the on/off switch for a while. The dsp goes through some sort of diagnostic and will shut down the unit after a couple of minutes if it detects a fault. I just went ahead and bit the bullet and got another nav unit and it works fine now.

My Cars
    2001 540i/2001 Regal
    Quote Originally Posted by KawikaS62 View Post
    This is the exact behavior that mine was showing, I got used to hitting the on/off switch for a while. The dsp goes through some sort of diagnostic and will shut down the unit after a couple of minutes if it detects a fault. I just went ahead and bit the bullet and got another nav unit and it works fine now.

yep from research thats exactly what i suspect. shopping around for a mk3 right now

My Cars
    My two legs
    Anyone know where I can get a passenger side skirt for a 95 M3 coupe?

My Cars
    04 325I; 1989 520I (sold);1996 328I (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
    Anyone know where I can get a passenger side skirt for a 95 M3 coupe?

you may want to check this thread also hit up DOC as I am not sure what it looks like but may be what you need.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1553215
    "Ballin on a Budget!"

My Cars
    My two legs
    Need an e36 microfilter. Any place to get it besides the dealership?

My Cars
    91 M5, 90 525i & 04 M3
    Need an e36 microfilter. Any place to get it besides the dealership?
    HIP on Ilaniwai
    Insert enhanced picture of car here:___________

Insert a trite & witty quote here:___________

Insert a list of fictitious modifications here:___________

My Cars
    My two legs
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg bob View Post
    hip on ilaniwai
    hip?

My Cars
    91 M5, 90 525i & 04 M3
    hip?

Hawaii Import Parts

808-591-2882...Ask for Owen
    Insert enhanced picture of car here:___________

Insert a trite & witty quote here:___________

Insert a list of fictitious modifications here:___________

My Cars
    My two legs
    Yep, they had it. For like 30 bucks cheaper.

Anyone know where I can get some Royal Purple nearby Kailua?

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Yep, they had it. For like 30 bucks cheaper.

Anyone know where I can get some Royal Purple nearby Kailua?
    Don Quijote. HIP also carries Royal Purple.

My Cars
    My two legs
    I know. I saw it. And for whatever reason, it didn't register that I should buy some while I was there ... grrrrrr

My Cars
    My two legs
    Need a K&N RX-4140 air filter. Pretty specific, I know.

Also, would someone be willing to loan me a small, fake Christmas tree? My fiancee is coming for Xmas and I want a tree. I'm really wanting the ones that are like 4 feet high or less.
    Last edited by Slateman; 12-03-2010 at 12:25 AM.

My Cars
    04 325I; 1989 520I (sold);1996 328I (sold)
    here is a list from Craigslist. Plenty to choose from..

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/searc...minAsk=&maxAsk=
    Last edited by Kunu; 12-03-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    "Ballin on a Budget!"

My Cars
    My two legs
    Naw man, I don't want to buy it. Not if I don't have to. I'm in the military and live in the barracks. I'm renting a room for Christmas. If I buy it, I'll have to sell it or ship it home. If I ship it, it'll get ruined.

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Naw man, I don't want to buy it. Not if I don't have to. I'm in the military and live in the barracks. I'm renting a room for Christmas. If I buy it, I'll have to sell it or ship it home. If I ship it, it'll get ruined.
    Single use tree.

My Cars
    My two legs
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beastmaster View Post
    Single use tree.

Yea, basically . . .

My Cars
    E90, E83, E46..Prius lol
    Anyone on Oahu want to make some money? I am not as active as I used to be here but beastmaster can vouch for me, I am on Maui.

I have an e30 I am letting a friend use that is running real bad and was left in a parking lot in Hawaii Kai. I'll pay someone to go check it out. Could be something simple, it is driving real slow, no power. Email me bstsurf -at- gmail or call 250 348 tree. Thanks in advance

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Quote Originally Posted by krautcars View Post
    Anyone on Oahu want to make some money? I am not as active as I used to be here but beastmaster can vouch for me, I am on Maui.

I have an e30 I am letting a friend use that is running real bad and was left in a parking lot in Hawaii Kai. I'll pay someone to go check it out. Could be something simple, it is driving real slow, no power. Email me bstsurf -at- gmail or call 250 348 tree. Thanks in advance
    If you want, I can hit it up with a Peake Reader.

My Cars
    E90, E83, E46..Prius lol
    thanks Beastie. I sent you an email, if you don't get it I might not have your up to date email addy. Owning a few other german cars which I am always wrenching on, I need to sometimes find info on other forums. No other community is as great as bf.c nor as valuable for a better ownership experience from my perspective.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast