Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: E21 Registry

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    BMW Club racer, you are doing an S14 engine swap right? If you need someone to give you a hand let me know, I want to see how one of those swaps is done.
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    BMW 320i E21
    Originally posted by Yonkers320is
    BMW Club racer, you are doing an S14 engine swap right? If you need someone to give you a hand let me know, I want to see how one of those swaps is done.
    Yes, I'm doing an S14 engine swap. If you want to give a hand, I don't see why not. The easy part was done, now I'm working on the hard parts, electrical, throttle linkage, cooling system, intake, etc etc...
    Successories: "A Bend In The Road Is Not The End Of The Road....Unless You Fail To Make The Turn."
    www.revitup.com
    www.myspace.com/gjdixon

My Cars
    81 320i
    awesome story w/ the viper

i'm really looking forward to getting coilovers

My Cars
    1982 320is
    wowee! very nice guys.
    anyone know where to purchase urethane mounts all around?? a full kit..
    RDAvena : i too did the ellips conversion and love them! nice to see someone else tried it too!

My Cars
    96 BMW M3, Parting 87 BMW 635csi
    I thought about doing the ellips or smileys from the e30 but am going to end up getting a full setup of Crystal 5&3/4 inch style h4 beams Hi & Lo. This will be done soon and as soon as I get her painted I will take some more pics to show before and after and will post them then! Give me another month is all the way things are going!

96 BMW M3 (Blk/Blk), 3" cust exh, Bilstein SP, H&R Race, Eibach Sways, XBrace, Full Fan Del Kit, Red/Clear Tails, Clear Turns & Sides, Depo Halo Headlights ... FOR SALE, or S52 & Trans US Spec for sale!

07 Hayabusa - Modded nicely... For Sale $6500 /obo.

87 635csi - RIP, but still have few parts

My Cars
    81 323i, 88 545is, 97 528i
    Big and smalls look real nice for headlights. I have them on my current e28 project. I thought about going that route for the e21 but decided the Elips would give more light . I am also going to upgrade the wiring to the relays and thicker wires for the headlamps. This way I can turn night into day just kidding.

Faste21 have you decided on upgrading your bulbs to higher watts or the 9005 type yet? You can never have too much light.

Ray

My Cars
    1982 320is
    im pretty shure that when i put them in they were upgraded already..

My Cars
    07 335i, 05 GC HEMI
    Lovin' the E21 but I got an E36 M3. My friend recently acquired a grey market 1978 323i euro racecar with 4k miles! For $1k!!! For real! Obviously it sat around for a LONG time on a farm in Florida, the body is significantly rusted. I'm trying to get him on the board. Great job keeping it real guys.

My Cars
    81 320i
    awesome deal.......yeah, get ur friend on the board. hopefully the rust isn't too bad (at least repairable)

My Cars
    72 tii race car, '83 320i race car, '69 Alfa GTV
    Located in Raleigh, NC
    I've owned this car since it was 4 years old. Would like to see more E21's in club and vintage racing.
    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1982 320is
    good to meet you!! glad to have you aboard.. it looks like you have lots of info to share with us

My Cars
    FastE21,
    Yer, welcome... Most of the info about my E21 is posted on my website.
    Bob
    346012 1974 2002 Touring
    Ex-Skidmark Vintage Racer
    Raleigh, NC
    www.oftenlastracing.com

My Cars
    E36 | E55 Wagon | W126
    Welcome Bob! : My 320i is currently awaiting a LOT of modifying to make it a track car. All I've done so far is regular maintenance and removed the back seat! Hopefully, within the next two years or so, I'll be racing SCCA ITB w/her!
    Geordie Johnston - E36 Collector.

My Cars
    1982 320is
    whats the URL for your website?

My Cars
    Click on the "website" button at the bottom of my posting.

My Cars
    BMW C1 Alpina
    http://www.e21alpina.com/mycar.html

The car is a 1982 BMW-ALPINA C1 2.3. It has a BMW vin number as ALPINA did not have there own vin numbers in those days. Like many common ALPINAS this one was not actually built by ALPINA it was built be the Sytner Group in the UK. The Sytner Group which is unique in being the only firm allowed to build ALPINAS outside Buchloe. In 1982 the car was taken by the original owner to Sytner to have all the upgrades done to the car, some time around 1986 the car was brought to the US via the Gray-market import. Around 1995 it was pit to rest in a yard where it sat till I found it, I can tell you that the car is in great shape for the years it has. The car comes with the C1 2.3 170bhp engine ALPINA wheels and lowered suspension, getrag 5-speed gear box, limited slip diff, ALPINA interior with Recaro seats, ALPINA design steering wheel, multi-spoke alloy wheels by APLINA, BBS front air dam the original APLINA front air dam was broken when the car was brought to the US and the US owner replaced it with the BBS one, I do have the original front air dam but it is broken I'm going to see about fixing it or getting a replacement. It also has the ALPINA badge on the dash (see photo) I will be updating as work progresses on the car.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    awesome find, it kind of looks nice on grey and red rims. The inside looks in good shape too, specially those alpina Recaros. Keep us updated with more info and pics
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    1982 320is
    sick ride jaime!!
    i cant wiat to se it progress in time to come!
    have fun with that. it is a very rare auto!

My Cars
    07 335i, 05 GC HEMI
    OK guys my firend with the 323i racecar wants to sell. What do you guys think a 78 euro 323i with 5000 original miles is worth? It is a 4 speed with an lsd I think , all urethane suspension bushings, front strut brace, and original as well as Alpina wheels. Rusted body panels have been repaired and it's been resprayed.

The engine has one problem that worries me. When we first picked the car up my buddy beat on it and it broke. The crankshaft balancer pully came loose from the crankshaft and wobbled around distorting the shape of either the pulley or the crakshaft (not sure which) so it's shimmed and running well but this seems like an important component that should be properly repaired. Any idea how? What about how much?

Also interior is tired original vinyl with new carpet what can I do to restore/upgrade it?

Thanks in advance for the info.

My Cars
    1982 320is
    vin # ? i'd say maybe 1k?

My Cars
    E21, E24, M3
    wrap in cloth with the same sqaure pattern...

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5 81 E21 72 Bav
    Can we kill this sticky? It's more stagnant than the Thai food I bought last week.

My Cars
    1982 320is
    amen.. all who want info posted about their cars.. www.bimerboys.com in the legion!!! :headbut

uberpanzer is offline 4 banger's RULE!!! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3cars-36v. Math FTW!
    This type of thread is a sticky at the top of all the chassis forums. I don't think there's much that can be done. Looks like someone is trying to get it so newbies can look and see easily what everyone's got.....maybe.

Anyway, here's mine:

'81 320i
    Safari Beige that HAD tan interior, AC, factory stereo

253,xxx miles on the car (a year ago)
    153,xxx miles on the odo (HAD to have a 120mph speedo, found one with almost exaclty 100K miles less)

Took in as trade from a buddy in Feb '02 (1.5years ago). He was buying my MkIII Jetta GLX, didn't need the e21 anymore and I needed a daily car since I was selling him the Jetta. Settled it as $1500 of the payments. I'm at least the 4th owner (I think).

Mods: Front bumper removed, rear seat/panels removed, AC condensor removed & belt cut, OZ Racing 15x7 Basket Weaves (NLA), some Sony Explode tape deck the 2nd owner put in, 320is Recarro's in black leather, black interior door panels, right side mirror (in Alpine White from donor car)

Almost mods: TEP rear shock brace/battery relocaction/funnel intake kit. It's sitting in my storage unit waiting to be put in. Also going to remove the AC compressor since I've already cut the belt. The blower motor sounds like crap, and I had THOUGHT that the thing was empty of freon, so I started pulling the whole system when I was trying to get the condenor out for better airflow over the radiator. It wasn't empty (all of it came out in my face!!), but now the stuff is not worth anything since I'm part way through the (violent) removal process. It doesn't need AC anyway....that's what the windows are for! Less weight =

Future plans: Cibie CSR's, suspension, sway bars, motor swap.

I'm thinking of doing the M42 like Nic, esp since I've got a '91 318iS that I want to do a swap on as well. This was I don't even have to worry about sourcing the M42 from some yard! This will sound strange, but I want a newer M42 for the e30. There is a method to my madness....the DASC blower works on the newer M42, but not the e30 ones. I don't NEEED the DASC on the e21, since it doesn't have to be my fast car. I'll have the 318iS, M3 and a beastly e23 for that....
    Last edited by uberpanzer; 10-24-2003 at 12:48 PM.
    Metal Bumpers Are For BEEETCHES!!!!! "King of Lean" - Retired

"If that bikini isn't made of Micro-Fiber and has Quick Detailer on it then GTFO!" -BabyM

My Cars
    81 320i
    cool, two engine swaps!
    putting a m42 into the e21 will already make it pretty dam quick (since the car is soo light to begin with)....nic's car feels a lot faster than my mom's stock 89 325i.

oh yeah, do u have any pics? i wanna see the wheels (do they look just like the 15" BBS basketweaves?)

hahaha, and i remember when nic and i had a little race off a light.....he bogged the launch but still managed to fly by when i was around 30-40mph. and this was before he installed the chip & 3.91:1 differential. dammit, where's my turbo lol.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast