Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No EAT chip for me.. Car totaled!!!! :( No 56K!

My Cars
    '94 325iC/5

Angry No EAT chip for me.. Car totaled!!!! :( No 56K!

So, I'm making my way home last Thursday evening on I20 West, looking forward to meeting up with JcbE34 to take a spin in his Mark D'Sylva EAT-equipped 540i. Traffic is moving fairly smoothly, probably around 60mph or so give or take. Traffic starts to slow down as could be expected, rush hour and all, I blip the throttle, downshift, etc., just as I did that, I look in my rearview mirror as I always do as I slow down, (can't trust ATL drivers!).

Well, what do I see? There's this blue SUV at speed heading straight for me! I think to myself this d!ck is not going to make it, if I stop, he's going to slam into me and I in turn, will slam into the 80's Ford Ranger in front of me! I figure I better perform some evasive maneuvers if I want to save my ride and possibly my life (luckily my son was not in the car).

I quickly turn into the service lane, on the right hand side of the road and breathe a brief sigh of relief, as I believe, I have avoided a possible 3 or more car pileup! Was I wrong!! This idiot obviously didn't know his car came with brakes and continued his charge towards me!! He swerves to avoid the Ford Ranger but not enough, clips the Ranger's right rear bumper then continues into the service lane and slams right into my rear bumper (mostly the drivers side)!! Needless, to say I was shaken up from the impact, glad I was ok, but overall pissed!!!! I mean he had ample opportunity to avoid hitting me if he didn't panic and just stopped after he hit the first car, after all, I was still moving albeit slowly, in the service lane but I was not at a standstill..

Well after the cops came and papers, information, etc, was exchanged, it turns out that he had just picked up his '07 Toyota Highlander the day before!! I would hate to have seen his GEICO policy rates after Thursday!!

Anyway, yesterday got a call from the guys' insurance adjuster and the car's a total loss!! Not sure if you can tell from the trunk pictures but, the spare tire will have to be deflated to remove it, that’s how hard the impact was!!

The trunk floor is actually buckled all over the place. Now, I have to start the search all over again for another vehicle, this sux!! And who knows how much they're (GEICO) are going to give me for my car!!! That is all, pics below.. of course I removed my wheels/tires beforehand at the bodyshop, not giving those away.. Anyway, on my way to the Chiro for a follow-up visit..

Hey, where's Perry!?

My Cars
    00 528 sport;e34 540-RIP
    OMFG!!!!!!!

damn!!!

Do you have a list of everything youve done to the car? It probably wont do anything, but its worth a shot to get their insurance to pay you more. If they wont pay you shit, buy it back and part it out if you can afford the risk.

Damn man, that sux. Keep us posted on the insurance. Good luck

"Never let the bastards wear you down!"

My Cars
    540i M\sport-525i-NSX-S430-ML55///AMG
    So sorry for your lost. Really Sux.
    03 540i M-sport
    95 540ia M-sport 18x8.5 18x10 MK (SOLD)
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/fkong777

My Cars
    '92 525i, '86 325es
    damn noooo!!!! looks like you okay though which is good and your exhaust seems to have made it okay lol

My Cars
    E34Silhouette S5,Z4C
    .......Oh the anguish.Sorry dude.Thats a serious bummer.Your car was Sweet !Maybe this will turn into a positive and you'll come across another pristine ride?
    Vinny
    AC Schnitzer S5 Silhouette E34(ACS parts are)-3 piece type II/18x9.5" wheels, SS full exhaust, 9 piece body-kit,Low springs, Mirrors, Int. knobs,pedals, Steering wheel,Oil filter ,badges/emblems,gauge cluster.
    Non ACS- M5 rear filler panel & shift surround.Custom shadowline.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 525i/5spd, 1999 Mercedes-Benz CL500

you might have options

yes, the car is a frame damage, but it's not really that bad. I had a very similar collision in an '89 Mercedes w124, and the insurance guys also said it was a total loss, based on the age and value of the vehicle. They gave me an option: about $3000 and I give up the car, or about $2000 and I get to keep the car. I chose the latter, and had the car fixed for about $1500. I have now sold it for $2000. That car was NOWHERE as nice as yours (well, duh, it wasn't an e34). Buttom line is your car looks repairable to me, just go with an independent small body shop type, not one of those big guys, who won't touch your car unless you pay him an arm and a leg. And yeah, gut as much money from the insurance as possible, the rims alone are worth something... If you really like your ride, fixing it may be the way to go as finding another one.. is not that easy, let me tell you. Or you can part it out, that may make sense, too.

My Cars
    2004 BMW X3 3.0i 6-speed
    NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Your car was beautiful man! I'm so sorry for your loss...

As a side note I live down the street from JcbE34, if you are ever here in Marietta again.

My Cars
    1995 E34 525Tds Touring
    Shit man, that's bad. Hope it turns out ok for you. Nail the mofo for everything!!!

My Cars
    1995 Alpine 540ia
    Sorry for the loss. Glad to hear your son wasn't in the car with you.

My Cars
    18 Camaro 2SS 1LE
    Quote Originally Posted by LUV4my5 View Post
    Sorry for the loss. Glad to hear your son wasn't in the car with you.
    +1

Sucks to see such beautiful 5ers going down. Why can't someone take out my car... I could use the cash... lol
    -Nick

SOLD

My Cars
    e30 e34
    That sucks man. I was looking forward to seeing your car. What are you going to do with it? It'd be a shame to let insurance hold onto that one. I can't see the pics because I'm at work.. but I guess your exhaust didn't make it?

Good news is there are a couple nice 540i's for sale.. you should be able to find a nice replacement for it
    '88 s54 e30, '00 m5

My Cars
    00 528iT; 99 Dinan 540iT
    What color is the interior? Let me know if you part it out - JT
    Johntee540
    1999 e39 540iT
    S5 Dinan tune

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3891660/

My Cars
    '94 540iA, '73 240Z, '04 MSM (WOW)
    Holy crap man.. That sucks. I too am glad your son wasn't in the car with you. It does look like most of the damage was confined to the trunk area. Hopefully the Ins. co. will let you get it back for cheap. It dosn't look to be too terribly damaged. But I guess you have to see it in person to really be able to tell. Man, I was relly looking foreward to getting to see that beauty when I come to get the trim from you (hopefully this Friday evening). Once again, sorry for your loss man. I hate to read threads on here where someone gets one totaled....

Beyern type 5 wheels, Brembo Cross drilled/slotted brakes (F/R), Bilstein sport shocks, Eibach pro kit springs, RD sways bars, K&N cold air intake, Cat delete, Billy Boat cat back SS exhaust, Dinan DME and Trans chips

My Cars
    '94 325iC/5
    Thanks all.. Not sure about buying it back, we'll see..
    Hey, where's Perry!?

My Cars
    '95 540i ,'02 pathfinder
    thats sucks man. hope it works out for the best.
    95 540i beat around thingamajig
    02 pathfinder lifted

My Cars
    89 E34
    Wow, glad you're ok.

A torn up 5'er like that makes me sad.
    89 525i e34, 189k and counting

My Cars
    '94 325iC/5
    Quote Originally Posted by jlwE34 View Post
    Wow, glad you're ok.

A torn up 5'er like that makes me sad.
    Yep, imagine how I feel.. Just put brand new rotors/pads on the front (last week), cabin filter, oil filter, air filter and O2 sensor all a month ago..
    Hey, where's Perry!?

My Cars
    95' 530i, 90' 500SL
    sorry to hear about your car. it was beautiful. i think its better if you part it out, and sell your accessories. unless your going to look for another e34 to swap them with.

My Cars
    2000 528iT
    I'm ATL crew, and I live in fear of this daily. So many dumb f*cks too busy talking on the phone to drive. And here I am with a car serious enough about driving, it doesn't even have a cupholder.

See if you can buy it back and part it out. If you need help pulling parts, let me know. At least that way you'll get close to your money back with it.

My Cars
    A Beamer & a Bentley
    Wow.. that does suck. glad you are ok. Hopefully it works out for the better.

My Cars
    BMW
    that fucking blows! Sorry about the loss.

My Cars
    e30 e34
    Yeah I'd be willing to lend a hand parting it too if you need it. You are planning on another e34 right?
    '88 s54 e30, '00 m5

My Cars
    '94 325iC/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcbe34 View Post
    Yeah I'd be willing to lend a hand parting it too if you need it. You are planning on another e34 right?
    Quote Originally Posted by e34gasm View Post
    I'm ATL crew, and I live in fear of this daily. So many dumb f*cks too busy talking on the phone to drive. And here I am with a car serious enough about driving, it doesn't even have a cupholder.

See if you can buy it back and part it out. If you need help pulling parts, let me know. At least that way you'll get close to your money back with it.
    Appreciate the offer for parting it out..E34 love!!!!.

I don't think they'll give me a check and let me have the car as well.. Though that would be nice.. I'll call anyways to see what options I have..?

As far as another E34 most likely! Already been scouring Craigslist, Autotrader, etc. Autotrader has only 13 or so in the whole country!!! And not all are up to "spec", except for the one up north for $17K!!
    and this one for $12,500. Maybe I should send them to the insurance company for those two..
    Last edited by BMRSEB; 08-21-2007 at 03:50 PM.
    Hey, where's Perry!?

My Cars
    X5, 528iT 98 M Roadstr
    How sad; this makes me sad for you. Get to an MD for a checkup asap & bill his insurance. With your experience seeing him coming & moving out of the way then he still rams the Ranger & then you Geico must be sweating about ambulance chasing lawyers. Submit your chioroprator & Dr. bills asap as you incur them as well as recent repair receipts mod receipts. I'm sure Geico's adjustor will be advised by their lawyer to be very generous settling with you to get you to accept a few $k to shield them from $100Ks in legal fees even if you lose. You are spending a lot of your life recovering from their client's error. The six speed transmission is worth $1.5k, right. Sell it to shrike, he needs to lower the top gear revs in his 532 Touring before SC.

My Cars
    1986 e30 318 120 k 1992 e34 520 167k
    Bummer Mate...Hit them with whiplash and make them buy you a nice e34 of your dreams

Good luck. Glad you weren't hurt

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast