Thread: Sun roof won't retract

My Cars
    1995 e34 525I

Question Sun roof won't retract

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on my problem, My sunroof will tilt up and will lower down in the roof but will not retract back into the roof, It seems to get jammed on the left hand side and twists. As far as i can see the linkages are all still connected and there is nothing stuck in the track. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Don't force it, If it's anything like the one on the e36 break it apart and lube it, maybe it's just dry. And make sure both lever are at the same exact position. One of them being a couple mm off can make them get stuck.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Does the e34 sedans have a sunroof reset/re-initialize procedure? If it's like the e39/e38 series...turn ignition on to position II...then push upward & hold the sunroof button for approx 15 sec. The panel in the e39/e38 will reset/reinitialize by moving further upward and the motor makes some noise...then everything will work as normal again.

But I'm not sure if this works the same on the e34 5 series sedan...my Touring's dual panel sunroof works so differently that I can't go off of that.

Good luck.

(instruction below are from the e38 owners manual...wont' hurt to give it a try:
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    1995 e34 525I
    Thanks for the suggestions, Unfortunantly no luck as yet

My Cars
    way too many
    Have you tried Max Fretter's fix yet? Sorry for the cryptic link, don't have html privilege yet -- damn newbies might abuse the site:

h t t p : slash slash bmwe32 dot masscom dot net slash maxf_website slash freeyellow dot com dot html

gale
    92 735i 5-spd

ps Hi Q, I wondered where everyone went.

My Cars
    00 528 sport;e34 540-RIP

"Never let the bastards wear you down!"