Thread: 95 M3 3.0 into e30?

My Cars
    01 330ci, 87 325i, 95 m3

95 M3 3.0 into e30?

ive got a 95 m3 with a 3.0 dohc 5spd that might be totaled after an accident and i alse have a 87 325i convertible with an at. So i was wondering if anyone has done this swap, if its a difficult swap to pull off and how much a swap like this would run a person? my friends and i know enough to do the work if its a pretty straight forward swap but if it intails alot of custom fabrication we might not be able to do it so im just cerious any help would be great thanks...

My Cars
    03 530i/5, e30 s52(Sold)
    This swap has been done countless times, hell im driving one. Anyway the swap is pretty straight foward but you will need to have stuff fabricated such as e28 motor mounts or custon akg mounts, custom brake booster(zionsville and treehouse racing sale them) custom exhaust, e34 m50 oil pan and last but not least you will need to either find a wiring harness adapter or intricate the m3 wiring harness into the e30's one.

I may be leaving some other minor things out but do some research since theres tons of this swap info floating around the web. id start off with e30tech.com and r3vlimited.com which have alot of great information on these swaps.

Goodluck

My Cars
    s52 e30, e36Ms, e46M
    that swap is cake, check my sig an dclick the link
    Check out my details and paint corrections!

www.theautospallc.com