Thread: Need street touring tires (Kumho MX, Azenis and the likes)

My Cars
    2001 330ci

Need street touring tires (Kumho MX, Azenis and the likes)

Anybody here have some used 225/45/17 or 245/40/17 street touring level tires available for sale? I prefer to deal locally if possible. Also, does anybody know where I can get this type of tyres locally? I know I can easily get them online but I am wondering if I can get them locally. Thanks.

My Cars
    e46 e86 e70
    You can get tires locally through RRT in Dulles (www.rrtservice.com). Check their forum for mounting and balancing rates.
    Ashley

My Cars
    Wrangler, Jetta TDI
    RRT is a good place, but honestly it's hard to beat tirerack.com prices. I don't want to send anyone away from RRT though

My Cars
    e46 e86 e70
    Same prices, but its easier than getting them shipped to your house and having to bring them somewhere for mount/balance.
    Ashley

mcoupemindy is offline Senior Member BMW CCA Member
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    How 'bout Radial Tire.

My Cars
    stuff
    Or TireRack. The $100 rebate on RE-01Rs is going on until the end of the month for BMWCCA & SCCA club members.

My Cars
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe
    Uh, I think he's asking about USED tires guys.

My Cars
    2001 330ci
    Thanks for the input guys, to clarify I am also open to new tires. I'll give RRT a call.

My Cars
    and trucks
    Quote Originally Posted by easport View Post
    Thanks for the input guys, to clarify I am also open to new tires. I'll give RRT a call.
    We may have a line on a customer who is looking to sell their tires; this happens a lot. Also, you may want to consider 235/40 section tires as they are more common. As far as tirerack, we are a a reseller so just order your tires through the tirerack website, search for us on their reseller list and they will be shipped straight to the shop. Our rates are ~$20ea for 17s mount and balance. As a side note NTB and others are quoting $60-$70 and up per tire mount and balance if you bring your own and don't buy through them.

Also check edgeracing.com for 'kooks and Azenis; very good prices; that's where I buy my RS2s. Our charge for mount and balance is the same whether you buy through us or not. And, as previously said, Radial Tire is a great resource so depending where you are you can either go straight to them (Silver Spring) or we get regular shipments from them. For comp tires ask for Paul.

Appreciate you all not wanting to send business away from us but getting the right part on your car whether through us or another supplier is a higher priority. We're likely to see you sooner or later

Let me know if you need any further help.

MJO
    Matt Olson
    RRT Racing
    DC Metro's premier BMW service and racing facility

My Cars
    1998 323is, 2008 MS3
    Not to take business away from RRT but edge racing also has some great prices on just about all tires

My Cars
    01 330Ci

My Cars
    2001 330ci
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedTheory View Post
    Or TireRack. The $100 rebate on RE-01Rs is going on until the end of the month for BMWCCA & SCCA club members.
    Does the rebate end at the end of August or July? I tried to find info on this to no avail. Thanks.