Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: 19" tire pressure

For the owners of 18" and 19" rims. What tire pressure are you inflated to and why? And also are 3 piece rims known for slow leaks or is this some BS line from my wheel shop, requiring weekly pressure checks.

My saga
    750iL with 19 x 9 rims 235/35/19 AVS sports. Had a problem with the outside edges wearing rapidly on the fronts only. The rear 275/30/19 on 10" rims look perfect. When I had it parked with wheels turned one day the tire looked damn near flat. Checked pressure, they were low and noticed the tires say not to exceed 150psig. My tire dealer said they went to 32psi when installed about 2 months before. Wow! What a difference of opinion. I emailed Yokohama and they gave me some stupid answer about how it varies with weight. I could have guessed that myself. So I went to 50psi. Now the rapid wear is gone. Response is better, and now I sense all kinds of road info I didn't before. I hate to use the term harsher ride because I don't find the ride comfort unpleasant. This is not a touring car, it's my version of a 4 door sports car. So a hard bumpy ride is just fine with me. And also tire temperature has decreased. After a 30 mile jaunt the tires would be warm. Now not warm, just cool.

My Cars
    X GSR | M3
    Just use the tire pressure that the factory has stamped on inside of one of your doors. It doen't matter about the tire size, the car is still the same weight.
    JOEY | '18 M3 ZCP AW | '18 Lead Foot Raptor