Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Settings in GT1/DIS to use the INPA Interface ?

My Cars
    e46, e90
    thanks for pics and informations. today I'll test on machine and see what is happent. I'll let you know. anyone of you can help me with dis software v52 or later?(base cd, program cd,etc)

My Cars
    e46, e90
    bmwnolo when its making the connection, it ask me to update the diaghead and, of course, is not working? I tested on a dis v55 installed on v52 base cd. what's happent?

My Cars
    BMW 520IT 2000
    embmw: in the diaghead emulator is it sett to version 999 ?

mmm
    Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

My Cars
    m52 powered
    anyone ever have an issue getting base to recognize the DIS programs disk? driving me nuts.

My Cars
    e46, e90
    I set it to 55 madmonkeyman? is it rong?

e 39 you must activate the cd.
    2 posibilities:
    1. use image cd under vmware:
    - mount dis program image with daemon tools
    - set the virtual machine ( click on VM, select settings, click on CD/DVD, select autodetect)
    - in DIS go to Administration, under "CD drive alocation" will see CD drive 1 DIS vXX , click on it, will become black and go in the right and click on Activate CD
    2. use CD inserted in your CD/DVD driver:
    if you use vmware set the virtual machine ( click on VM, select settings, click on CD/DVD, select letter of your CD/DVD driver, example: E: )

I finally did it! thanks all of you guys!!!
    PS: you re right madmonkeyman!! I lost a lot of time cause I modified the version software. must be 999! I'll go to test it on my car and s tell you later how it works.
    Last edited by embmw; 08-27-2009 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    m52 powered
    thanks for some tips EM. I know about activating the disc, I have this installed on a desktop without any issues. Went to put it on the laptop and for whatever reason it does not recognize the disc. for example when I load the disc onto the desktop and open "my computer" the disc is titled something like "dis programs" but if I do the same thing on the laptop it is not even titled under "my computer". Maybe I need to burn it to a cd-r rather than a dvd-r. I will try that and if not I will do the mounted iso method.

it would be awesome if someone did a write up detailing how to use the USB KKL interface with inpa/gt1. There are so many tutorials out and none for my hardware setup. It's kind of scary doing trial and error testing with a daily driver or my mom's car.

My Cars
    BMW 520IT 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by embmw View Post
    I set it to 55 madmonkeyman? is it rong?

e 39 you must activate the cd.
    2 posibilities:
    1. use image cd under vmware:
    - mount dis program image with daemon tools
    - set the virtual machine ( click on VM, select settings, click on CD/DVD, select autodetect)
    - in DIS go to Administration, under "CD drive alocation" will see CD drive 1 DIS vXX , click on it, will become black and go in the right and click on Activate CD
    2. use CD inserted in your CD/DVD driver:
    if you use vmware set the virtual machine ( click on VM, select settings, click on CD/DVD, select letter of your CD/DVD driver, example: E: )

I finally did it! thanks all of you guys!!!
    PS: you re right madmonkeyman!! I lost a lot of time cause I modified the version software. must be 999! I'll go to test it on my car and s tell you later how it works.

Good to hear you finally got i working.. I never changed the version number... but I was just reading around some russian forum`s and somebody was talking about the version in the emulator..had to be 999.

can you check if "auto identify of car" is working for you?

mmm

My Cars
    e46, e90
    madmonkeyman, thanks again for helping me to setting dis to work with inpa interface. that was the problem: must not modify the option settings in emulator( software version must be 999). when I realize that, thanks to you, I was very mad cause I could have all this functionally since 1 month ago.

my interface use USB port and is STD/OBD type. my DIS is V55 (US), and automatic identification of my car(e90) is working(type, engine, VIN, ECU installed on it). what version of DIS do you have? maybe your copy has an error. if you want my version send me an email to embmw25@yahoo.com and I'll answer you how to download it.
    P.S. my v55 is installed on v52 base. and if your interface is STD/OBD type I'll also send you a file named OBD.ini to use it under ediabas. its helping to recognise the contact and battery when you open INPA.

e39dream sometime appear this kind of issues. cd wrote on a computer can't be read on other. more simple is to use ISO files. I had the same problem when I tired to install v39. I wrote the base cd on a blank and when I use it on laptop give me error on instalation. so I used ISO file and worked.
    don't loose time writing cd's.
    Last edited by embmw; 08-28-2009 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    BMW 520IT 2000
    embmw: you got mail!

I am using v39 base with v44 update and a serial -> obdII -> 20pin.
    But I use a "USB to serial" device so this may be the case. I`m waiting for my new PCMCIA serial card to drop down in the mailbox. maybe it helps.

Im using: Interface = STD:OBD and have OBD.ini in windows folder.

Do you have it like this also?

mmm

My Cars
    e46, e90
    I heared those adapters make some problems. my interface is directly USB and is dedicated for INPA( not an universal interface). with the software? will be better to have new version but if you need coding must also have SSS. yes OBD.ini is also in windows folder
    Last edited by embmw; 08-29-2009 at 05:46 AM.

My Cars
    01 BMW 320i
    embmw I sent you and email.

But basically guys I have a few questions.

I currently have the BMW GT1 VMWare V53 installed it on my mac...
    and then running windows XP via Parallels.

I can't seem to get the GT1 computer to communicate with the BMW Virtual Diag Head on XP via Parallels.

Any one have any idea?

Also is this set-up okay, where I have GT1 -> Virtual Diag Head -> USB -> OBD II??

Thanks for the help!

My Cars
    Z3
    USB to serial adapters work fine as long as they use the FTDI chip and have all of the pins on the serial plug connected (not like the cheaper ones which only use four of the pins)

My Cars
    01 BMW 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwnolo View Post
    USB to serial adapters work fine as long as they use the FTDI chip and have all of the pins on the serial plug connected (not like the cheaper ones which only use four of the pins)
    Yes mine has the FTDI chip because first time I tried it... it didn't have that chip and there was no communication at all.

Basically... I'm having a hard time trying to get it running on my mac right now because GT1 is running on VMware, then XP on Bootcamp or Parallels and there's no connection between VMware to Bootcamp/Parallels in order for GT1 to detect that the virtual head is running...

Any ideas?

My Cars
    E36 M3 Evo
    Hi guys, just wanted to thank you all for the screenshots. I'm another one on the list of people having problems trying to connect to the diaghead although DIS can see it.

I'm sure I'll get there eventually, but wouldn't have got as far as this without your help.

Ian

I'm still testing and cleaning up my install but I can connect successfully to the diaghead! I re-read this thread about 100 times, made notes and experimented a little.

I have installed GT1 within VMware and I am connecting back to the host computer that is running Vista. I'm using the USB KKL interface.

Initially I bridged back using the Wifi adapter but that was causing problems so in the end I installed the Microsoft loopback adapter and bridged back to that. I assigned that the IP 192.168.68.1 and then disconnected from all other networks.

Within SCOadmin I didn't modify the hosts file but I did modify the ediabas.ini with the IP 192.168.68.1. I also did the network config as described within scoadmin.

Unfortunatly I am unable to connect to my car but could see ifhsrv32 get an IP etc. Inpa can still connect and on the host I have modified C:\ediabas\bin\edibias.ini to include the remote host. When I go to connect I get an error about the signal strength and get offered to select the car manually but it still doesn't work!

Slowly getting there!

Ian
    Last edited by ian s; 09-07-2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    328i,528i, X5

Thumbs up Glad to see some of you got it working..

To those who PMed, sorry I never got back to you. I am back again. Now I'm currently troubleshooting fuel gauge issues ( see E39 DIY Level Sensors)

Later...Jamz

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    Does anyone have a copy of the thread form 318ti.org that explains how to accomplish this?

I have INPA and EDIBAS running, but am not certain how to make it communicate over the cable. Thanks.

My Cars
    328i,528i, X5

First...

..you say you have INPA running. Do you mean you have the software installed and configured correctly? What type of cable / connection are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by randomy View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of the thread form 318ti.org that explains how to accomplish this?

I have INPA and EDIBAS running, but am not certain how to make it communicate over the cable. Thanks.

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    I ordered what I beleive is a INPA compatible cable.
    I don't know if it is isntalled correctly, there were many optiosn to select during install, many of them install in German language only, so I selected one that was a "Developer" type since it installed in English. I selected OBD as the interface, and then ...

... So a few hours later and some tinkering, I have INPA running and communicating with my E36. Using the USB\OBDII cable from ebay allows me to only read the engine.

But I discovered that using the carsoft interface on the 20 pin diag socket under the hood lets me read alot more modules. I could read airbag, air conditioning, oh geez I can't remember, but others as well.

Which leads me to a question, I may start a new thread on it, but I saw that when I connected to "Automatic Air Conditioning" there is a feature called "Park Ventilation" that is turned Off...I want to turn it ON!!!! How do I do that?

Last edited by randomy; 09-09-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    320 93lim+328 95tur
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo1973 View Post
    I know what you mean Steeee, i've been sat in front of this every weekend throughout the summer, and i've still not got past the stage which you are at.

I give up!, my family have forgotten who I am and I want my weekends back, LOL. All I wanted to do was to recode a new injector and clear some adaption settings, and it turns into reinventing the wheel.

Unfortunately, i've come to the conclusion that there is no 'one size fits all' solution out there as there are far too many variables, even this thread contradicts itself on the IP addresses and settings with different people giving different solutions in what works for them, however when non of these options work, then the problems begin, and if you read the settings and experiences on other forums then it gets even more confusing, still i've learned a lot of Russian along the way!.

I'm sure somebody clever out there, could come up with a commercial solution for those in society who don't have a PHD in computer programming and which works 100% on all machines using an install which is just as easy as Inpa / Carsoft, and i'm sure when they do get around to it, that it would make them very rich. I would have bought it months ago.

Until then, its time to visit the dealer, and pay him his pound of flesh...far cheaper than a divorce, LOL
    Hello.
    I am new to this forum BUT i finally made it.
    I fought with this settnigs whole week sleepless
    Had same problem as you had and found this topic via google.
    Please dont give up i know this feeling but i found a solution so my inpa coonects to DIS and holds its signal.
    I did play with settings now i will verify what settings were right and i will let you know what was a goal for me .
    PS. strange but i can not find how to send private message to you

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    Can you elaborate on how you were able to get the INPA interface to work with DIS? I'm close, but still not accomplishing this.

Here is a recap of what I have acheived:
    -successfully installed GT1\EasyDIS v.44
    -succesfully installed INPA\EDIABAS
    -succesfully read EWS\DDE and Airbag module with INPA using VAGCOM USB\OBDII interface
    -succesfully read even further modules using carsoft interface with INPA

My results with DIS:
    -launch ifhrsrv32, then boot DIS.
    -ifhsrv32 displays IP 192.168.68.30 (I believe)
    -Start Diagnosis, and returns message that battery voltage is less than 9 volts or not present, and that auto-detect cannot work. If I perform this without ifhsrv32 running, then it says that it can't communicate with the interface.
    -Manually select my car, then start EWS\DDE diagnose, and after about 5-7 minutes it returns error that it can't communicate with the module.

It seems I am close, as DIS seesm to try to communicate with ifhsrv32, but it doesn't seem to be communicating with the cable. Any suggestions here?

My Cars
    320 93lim+328 95tur
    TO randomy
    i think you missed to run this diagnostic head emulator LINK IS NOT VERIFIED !!! http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4416354
    You need to run ifhserv32 and this diaghead emulator
    Then after DIS is loaded click on administration-connection and set connection.
    but i can not connect to my cars (93 320 and 95 328)with DIS though i connect to 95 328 via INPA
    i believe it is cause they are not OBD but ADS i need to cofigure my inpa adapter but could not get it yet.
    Last edited by suparmutt; 09-16-2009 at 01:43 PM.

My Cars
    e46, e90
    randomy, if you made the connection and DIS identify your car. that warning about battery voltage is real. it seems your battery has under 12v and DIS is stopping, in that case. you have 2 possibilities:
    1. start the engine and make your diagnosis with engine running at idle speed;
    2. if you have a good battery charger, connect it to the battery( engine stopped) and after your battery will have at least 12v DIS will work.

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    DIS is not identifying my car, I manually select it, start the DDE test, and then after several minutes it gives an error about no communication. I'm going to try running the daighead emulator.

My Cars
    530d 39
    randomy; you need to modify (hardware) your interface (if its usb i assume) to get autoidentify work thought gt1 dis...

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    I'm not getting even that far though, I'm not concerned about auto-identify at this point.

I am running the diagnostic head emulator now, but has had no difference so far
    Ifhsrv continues to report that the IP of DIS connects to it (at least that is how I am interpreting it when the ifhsrv icon displays the IP address of DIS in the taskbar), however nothing appears under Free diagnostic heads in DIS.
    Apitest is succesful at starting (do not get time-out messsage and goes to a menu in German) but BMW diagnsotic head tool neer gets any response, it continues down the screen with 'Sending CMD_MT_FREE' no matter what I do in DIS...i feel so close but light years away still.

I have now further discovered that when I Click under Admin. > Connection Setup, I receive an hour glass, and then the cursor returns. The screen never opens up. This is DIS v.44

I'm going to reinstall it all from the beginning.

Reinstalled GT1\DIS and have the same results....Fark!
    Last edited by randomy; 09-18-2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast