Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Settings in GT1/DIS to use the INPA Interface ?

My Cars
    E46 320D
    Well I feel like i'm a bit closer to sorting this (thanks to the help given here) but DIS is still not playing fair and allowing the Ediabas interface to connect and i'm now tearing out what little hair I have left.

I've now managed to change my /etc/ediabas.ini file (Thanks MMM) and also checked the /etc/hosts file

This is the contents of etc/ediabas.ini

[TCP]
    Remotehost = 192.168.68.1
    Port = 6801

-----------------------------------------

and this is the contents of my /etc/hosts file

SCCS IDENTIFICATION

127.0.0.1 localhost
    192.168.68.30 gt1ap gt1ap
    192.168.68.1 mobilteil

-----------------------------------------

The diaghead is still appearing in the list of 'free heads' however when I click to select it, there is a delay of about 30 seconds and then the diaghead emulator program crashes and gives the error "The established connection failed because the connected host failed to respond".

This is what is logged in the head emulator window

Sending CMD_MT_FREE
    Received CMD_MT_CONNECT
    Connecting via TCP to 192.168.32:1111
    Sending CMD_MT_FREE
    Sending CMD_MT_FREE (appears many times)
    The connection has failed because the host has failed to respond
    Sending CMD_MT_FREE (appears many times)
    Could not connect to host 192.168.32

When I try to ping 192.168.68.1 in the console I get the message 'Host is Down'

I can ping 192.168.68.30 ok and also 192.168.68.32 ok

When I try to run apitest in the console, I get the error 'Fehlertext: NET-0009: TIMEOUT

My Cars
    BMW 520IT 2000
    ok

Have you enabled VMCI in the virtual machine settings??

hxxp://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8026/vmci.th.jpg

regards
    mmm

My Cars
    E46 320D
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkeyMan View Post
    ok

Have you enabled VMCI in the virtual machine settings??

hxxp://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8026/vmci.th.jpg

regards
    mmm
    I don't seem to have that option. I only get the two 'guest isolation' check box options.

Guest isolation was showing 'disabled, disabled' in the left hand box. Since checking box options They now show enabled,enabled but with no VMCI box or options?
    Last edited by turbo1973; 08-03-2009 at 05:21 PM.

My Cars
    e46, e90
    I have a problem. in administration/ connection setting I click on connecting and after the connection is made it tells me to update the diagnostic head but don't work. before to ask me to update the diagnostic head it shows for some seconds a message: " software version inquiry". what I made rong?
    mad monkey, you wireless is connected?
    in my diaghead emulator shows : Using Network Adapter[00000015] Atheros Wireless Adapter, not Using Network Adapter[00000001] VMware Accelerated AMD PCNet Adapter like to you. where is the problem?
    I have the VMCI activated
    my v39 didn't work and I find a v52 base( its a vmware made with v52 base cd) but I have v51 cd installed.
    can anybody help me to have some newer vertions( base and progman cd's) then what I have?
    Last edited by embmw; 08-06-2009 at 12:17 PM.

My Cars
    Z3

think i'm finished

looks like i've just got it working and i'm celebrating by signing up to bimmerforums and rubbing some of your faces in it a little bit

gt1, dis and tis are all working. dis is connecting to diaghead emulator which in turn is connecting to ifhsrv when i go to diagnose something

couldn't have done it with out shoulders, nuvola rossa, ducati and a good few of your comments, thanks!! now i'm off to bed and hopefully when i plug in to my car in the morning everything with still work. Thanks again!

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwnolo View Post
    looks like i've just got it working and i'm celebrating by signing up to bimmerforums and rubbing some of your faces in it a little bit

gt1, dis and tis are all working. dis is connecting to diaghead emulator which in turn is connecting to ifhsrv when i go to diagnose something

couldn't have done it with out shoulders, nuvola rossa, ducati and a good few of your comments, thanks!! now i'm off to bed and hopefully when i plug in to my car in the morning everything with still work. Thanks again!
    yey congrat
    keep us update !

My Cars
    e46, e90
    bmwnolo look to my posts here and give those settings I need to help me connect to my car . thanks

My Cars
    Z3
    where abouts are you stuck gabileung? is it on the networking side? i can upload any screenshots that you need.

embmw, i didn't come across that error so i dont think i can help, other than to say that mine is working on v39 and also make sure you havnt changed any of the defaults in diaghead software.

i need to reprogram my DME but i've chickened out because i dont have a good quality battery charger

My Cars

Red face

where abouts are you stuck gabileung? is it on the networking side? i can upload any screenshots that you need.

embmw, i didn't come across that error so i dont think i can help, other than to say that mine is working on v39 and also make sure you havnt changed any of the defaults in diaghead software.

i need to reprogram my DME but i've chickened out because i dont have a good quality battery charger
    thanks for the head up bmwnolo
    yeh dont risk it where I seen ppl saying programming ECU would take a lot of power, maybe get the batt charging by another running car on jumper lead ?

after a like 1+month trial and error I m running out of ideas.....maybe I have to live with the edibas inpa, but better than nothing

currently I've set VMware on bridged networking mode, I've spent like 2 weeks to get the proper bootable installation disk working with shoulder's installation instructions

but for some reason it still running very slow after few fresh installation when get into DIS regardless how much RAM I'm allocating, it seems looking for network connection of the head or some sort. I occassionaly got frozen at the admin ip config page, and it takes like 3 mins ( not joking ) for every click I made, so I dont even get a chance to alter those IP setting in DIS

I understand the concept at some point (correct me if I'm wrong) is forcing GT1 to look for the signal from ediabas side instead of the yellow head via ip address ( luckily we could do that due to the yellow head has its own ip for the wireless connection ), and on the ediabas side it capture and forward the signal from the interface for the GT1.

I used the setting same as embmw, which are
    Vista :
    IP: 192.168.68.1
    subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    default gateway: 192.168.68.20
    bridged

VMware:
    network adapter : IP: 192.168.68.20
    subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    default gateway: 192.168.68.1
    edited etc/ediabas.ini: remote host : diaghead, port: 6801
    edited etc/hosts: 192.168.68.1 diaghead
    my etc/hosts looks like this:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    192.168.68.1 diaghead
    192.168.68.20 gt1ap

what about yours ? did you change the ip setting in DIS admin?

thanks in advance

gabi

My Cars
    Z3
    just to make sure, the principle instructions i used were the one by ken fister. He explains the entire procedure for setting up the networks and also installing the program. did you use the same instructions? make sure you have your firewall turned off in Windows or else GT1 won't be able to communicate with diaghead/ifhsrv32

www bmwecu org/article001

I didn't edit anything on the dis side other then what he says. On the Windows side i edited C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and C:\ediabas\bin\ediabas.ini with the settings you listed (apart from gt1ap has ip 192.168.68.30 in hosts and also on windows side the default gateway is 192.168.68.1). I'm using Windows XP so i'm not sure where the hosts file is located in Vista

do you have the three ethernet adaptors setup in vmware?

The only thing i think i found that didn't work in his instructions was the first time that GT1 booted the touchscreen calibration came up, you get out of that by pressing the windows button and it won't show up on further boots.

On a side note, i saw some people saying that the mouse doesnt register clicks well in vmware. I have found that theres a certain nack to it and it works perfectly. I'm using a mousepad on my laptop. When you want to press a button on the screen you bring the cursor over to the button but leave your finger on the pad, then with another finger you press the left mouse button and release, then just slightly move the finger on the pad to the side.
    Last edited by bmwnolo; 08-13-2009 at 12:30 PM.

My Cars
    '95 320i
    I just got it working (well almost...)

The key thing for me (which wasn't really clear from all the different instructions) was to chance the TCP port settings in C:\EDIABAS\Bin\ediabas.ini on the host pc to 6801 (same as in /etc/ediabas.ini). If you read the ediabas manual it says that this port should be the same for the host and the virtual pc.

I haven't had much chance to test it yet, but now there seems to be a problem with the communication with the car. I have INPA working, but when I do a brief survey/test in DIS, it says "No control unit found!"

Anyone else had this before?

My Cars
    Z3
    Yeh same issue here, everything else seems to be working apart from testing, ohh and measuring. Is your measuring section working? Mine won't even go into the section, just throws up errors.

My Cars
    BMW 325 Coupe
    i need help, i have spent my entire weekend trying to get DIs to work, i have the other parts working (inpa,wmware,diaghead). I can not connect to the diaghead in DIS. please please please help.

Here are the massages i keep getting,

hxxp://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/stee-01/ <---Link

My Cars
    E46 320D
    I know what you mean Steeee, i've been sat in front of this every weekend throughout the summer, and i've still not got past the stage which you are at.

I give up!, my family have forgotten who I am and I want my weekends back, LOL. All I wanted to do was to recode a new injector and clear some adaption settings, and it turns into reinventing the wheel.

Unfortunately, i've come to the conclusion that there is no 'one size fits all' solution out there as there are far too many variables, even this thread contradicts itself on the IP addresses and settings with different people giving different solutions in what works for them, however when non of these options work, then the problems begin, and if you read the settings and experiences on other forums then it gets even more confusing, still i've learned a lot of Russian along the way!.

I'm sure somebody clever out there, could come up with a commercial solution for those in society who don't have a PHD in computer programming and which works 100% on all machines using an install which is just as easy as Inpa / Carsoft, and i'm sure when they do get around to it, that it would make them very rich. I would have bought it months ago.

Until then, its time to visit the dealer, and pay him his pound of flesh...far cheaper than a divorce, LOL

My Cars
    Z3
    steee, your going into the wrong menu, i spent a couple of hours trying to get past that stage when i was doing it, you need to go into connection setup under the title Admin. in the Administation screen. Once your in there click on the free diagnostic head and then click on "connecting"

turbo1973, you can clear the adaptions in INPA, on my version anyway its not listed on the main screen but it is written on one of the buttons down the bottom on one of the sceens (half your problem)

My Cars
    e46, e90
    MadMonkeyMan I need more pics with some settings you have in your computer for making my gt1 to work with inpa interface:
    - pic with network connections from windows
    - both 'general' and 'support' from all of your network connections from windows
    And I have another question: you have a vmware machine with windows xp installed( with all programs in it-inpa, bmwdiaghead) and use those 2 machines gt1 and bmw diagnostic, or use gt1 virtual machine and win xp from your computer?
    thanks for answers and for help.
    have a nice day.
    PS you can send me your answer directly to my email: embmw25@yahoo.com or embmw25@hotmail.com

My Cars
    BMW 325 Coupe
    bmwnolo - I have already tried that, I get a percentage bar showing 0% then it disappears and brings a massage saying it cannot connect. I have uploaded the image on my previous post.
    Does any one know of a boot floppy disk image for DIS? I am using V53 does any one know of any problems with this version. And has anyone got it to work with V53 or V55.
    Has any one else got the same problem will using other version?

My Cars
    e46, e90
    guys the key to make it working is the settings must be made in windows network connections. will be great if somebody have this working to take some snapshots of all connections that appears in network connections and share them with us.

My Cars
    Z3
    heres my screen shots,

hxxp://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy329/bmwnolo

i have both GT1 V39 and XP running in VMWare but you can just use your main windows, works the same. Instead of configuring the network adapter in network connections on the VMware xp you just configure the VMnet1 network adapter in network connections on your main windows.

make sure you have firewall turned off AND also that you've setup the 3 network cards correctly in 'scoadmin network' as described by hxxp://www bmwecu.org/article001/

if theres something i'm missing let me know
    Last edited by bmwnolo; 08-19-2009 at 07:48 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 325 Coupe
    could provide a copy of the scoadmin network setup, as described by hxxp://www bmwecu.org/article001/

that is a private forum and most of use don't have acess to it.

ThAnk bmwnolo

My Cars
    Z3
    i dont have access to the forum either but that link works

(i've taken out the 'tt' and the dot between www and bmwecu from the link)

My Cars
    '95 320i
    Yeh same issue here, everything else seems to be working apart from testing, ohh and measuring. Is your measuring section working? Mine won't even go into the section, just throws up errors.
    My measuring section isn't working either, but as far as I understand it you'll need some special cables for that anyway.

Made any progress?

My Cars
    Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoUK View Post
    My measuring section isn't working either, but as far as I understand it you'll need some special cables for that anyway.

Made any progress?
    None, only to say that i've tried both v39 and v44 with the same results. I can see network communication going on between windows and DIS but nothing is coming out of the serial port during diagnosis.

My Cars
    e46, e90
    soon I'll give you some new informations. madmonkeyman made a virtual machine with windows xp on it and installed all programs in it(inpa, diaghead, etc) with inpa interface connected directly to vwmare machine. he have started both machines on vmware(with gt1 and windows) and I think its working . didn't tried yet on my car cause I need a powerfull laptop( has 512mb RAM memory and I need at least 1GB RAM memory. I'll take the laptop from my sister to try it and I will told you if it works. you can try too and see if its working

madmonkeyman( thanks a lot for his help) posted here a link with his settings look to those pics and use them. I think will work.
    hxxp://profile.imageshack.us/user/madmonkeyman.
    watch them carfully and you will see those 2 virtual machines
    Last edited by embmw; 08-21-2009 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by embmw View Post
    soon I'll give you some new informations. madmonkeyman made a virtual machine with windows xp on it and installed all programs in it(inpa, diaghead, etc) with inpa interface connected directly to vwmare machine. he have started both machines on vmware(with gt1 and windows) and I think its working . didn't tried yet on my car cause I need a powerfull laptop( has 512mb RAM memory and I need at least 1GB RAM memory. I'll take the laptop from my sister to try it and I will told you if it works. you can try too and see if its working

madmonkeyman( thanks a lot for his help) posted here a link with his settings look to those pics and use them. I think will work.
    hxxp://profile.imageshack.us/user/madmonkeyman.
    watch them carfully and you will see those 2 virtual machines
    thats the way i mine setup, look at my screen shots

hxxp://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy329/bmwnolo

you dont need to have a windows in vmware but it works either way

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast