Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Settings in GT1/DIS to use the INPA Interface ?

My Cars
    E46 330i
    @Jamz: Congratz - but you were allready further before your success than I'm actually. As I could read in your other Topic you managed to get DIS to show you the Diaghead but got an errormessage when connecting.

My Problem is, that I don't see a Diaghead when DIS is running - even so the comunication between apitest and IFHserv seems to work fine.

I'd be very happy if you'd share how you got your DIS workin'

Greetings from germany
    Frank

My Cars
    530dT
    So i still have connected the DIS System with a Diagnostic Emulator ... that works fine ...

abload.de/img/dis5bvq.jpg <-- thats a link!

But it wont work with IFHserv or Ediabas ... the Apitest works too so where is the Problem?

My Cars
    2001M3 vert/ SC/S52 OBD1 E36 Vert(sold)95 M3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkz View Post
    @Jamz: Congratz - but you were allready further before your success than I'm actually. As I could read in your other Topic you managed to get DIS to show you the Diaghead but got an errormessage when connecting.

My Problem is, that I don't see a Diaghead when DIS is running - even so the comunication between apitest and IFHserv seems to work fine.

I'd be very happy if you'd share how you got your DIS workin'

Greetings from germany
    Frank
    Great post guys, this is exactly where I'm at, I also don't see a Diaghead when Dis is running.
    My E36 SC S52 OBD1 Vert is sold. (I miss her already)
    E46 M3 Vert my new obsession.~soon to be boosted!

My 95 M3 coupe for sale. (was supercharged) available seperatly.(SOLD)

My Cars
    328i,528i, X5

Finished With Test

I believe the system now works. My E39 has a fuel guage problem. Guage is stuck on empty with low fuel light on. I know that I have one or more bad fuel lever sensors. ( I actually ran out of gas today..I thought I filled the tank!!! Need to get this fixed ) Good thing I had a gas can. So I know this is a current issue and will use this for my test. Some of the screen shots might be out of order as I was clicking all over the place. I don't know how to use DIS very well as this is my first try. After clicking on the following screen shots, you will be taken to a small image @ Imageshack. Click on the Image and it will grow to full size.

Below is a screen shot after connecting the system and identifying the vehicle. I wanted to run dianostics on the fuel guage.

The next screen is after running a diag test. I believe the fuel guage electronics are in the IKE/MID. The screen shows what looks like some type of error/notification x DME and !MID.

The next screen shot shows some fault codes that are stored I believe.

The last screen shot ..cant remember what I clicked..diagnosis document?
    Indeed takes me to the section that explains the fuel lever sensors...

So is the system working? I think so..or am I just clicking and causing the errors myself. I need to go back and try more tests..a DIS manual would be nice . I have to find proof somehow that DIS is actually talking to the ECU. If I knew DIS then maybe I already proved it?

Jamz
    Last edited by jamz; 07-07-2009 at 06:53 PM.

My Cars
    Jamz

I think you have made it
    as least the connection is up and listing the operation menu !
    I cant even go beyond selecting or identifying the vehicle, just got stuck on the first page.
    my DIS is running really slow, maybe it's trying to look for connection to the head where I cant join them properly...

btw, have you tried to run the instrument test and check the fuel gauage needle works properly? it sounds like fuel level sensor to me too but I would also try to eliminate other possible causes whlie we having the fantastic system !

keep us updated

gabi

My Cars
    328i,528i, X5

Thumbs up Update

Ok The system is working. I ran a complete diagnostic and watched the cursor move down the list of modules. My headlights came on during the lighting test. I have to figure out how to view the results

So the keys to make this work - you need the BMW Virtual Diagnostic Head runnning along with ifsrv32. There might be another solution out there but this worked for me! Do not run INPA / Ediabas Server - not needed! Just ifsrv32. The network settings in VMware and the host have to be correct including bridging. This I tweaked to fix my DIS to head communications error. Anyone needs help just ask.

Also to everyone who thinks their system is configured correctly but don't see the diagnostic head - you need the BMW Virtual Diagnostic Head app. If you have the application running in the background and still not able to connect then I suspect you have a network configuration issue between the host and VMware. I'm running the VMware Player. To check your VMware (Player) network settings - find and run the vmnetcfg.exe in your VMware directory. VMnet0 must be bridged to your main network adapter ( 192.168.68.1) on your host system (XP side). Disable automatic bridging and specify the adapter you want to bridge in VMware network config.

If you have more than one network adapter, make sure bridging is disabled on one of them. In my case I have two NICS. My main wireless and onboard . My main wireless is set to 192.168.68.1 and VMware bridging is activated ( network adapter properties). ON board NIC -VMware bridging not selected. IF your running VMware Workstation then the settings are in the GUI. If you are not sure your settings are correct, I will document my settings in XP and Vmware Player if requested.

At this pont I probably need a little help actually using DIS correctly. It does not seem that difficult and I ran through it quickly. If I spend enough time with it I'll figure it out eventually. Good Luck! Lets work to together to finally put this much requested topic to rest .

Bonus:: #1: Google "diagheadinstall.rar" and you will find the app out there easily

L8R

Jamz

I came across some nfo on possibly editing a file on the SCOUnix side that might eliminate the need for a head all together! I will test and report..
    Last edited by jamz; 07-08-2009 at 12:21 AM.

My Cars
    Hey Jamz

do you pick the setting of "Bridged Netowrking" or NAT while setting up DIS on VMware ?
    a detail walk thruogh would be great from setting up the VMware ip address and GT1 configuration.
    btw, do you get you inpa interface working with USB adaptor or raw com port ?

thanks
    gabi

My Cars
    530dT
    I still have two Problems:

#1 When i start the Virtual Head with IP ..68.1, dis gives an error "There is an IP reserverd with the name "diaghead" ??? Whatīs to do? I named my PC diaghead, but it wont work.

#2 The Virtual Head needs an activ ethernet connection! Whatīs up, if i am outside without any w-lan or internet? Then there isnīt any activ ethernet connection and the virtual head wont work ...

My Cars
    M3 Buildup
    flink - you need to remove the hostname/ip address you added originally on the unix side (ediabas.ini) . Are you familiar with using vi?
    Last edited by Driiven; 07-08-2009 at 06:53 PM.

My Cars
    530dT
    Quote Originally Posted by Driiven View Post
    flink - you need to remove the hostname/ip address you added originally on the unix side (ediabas.ini) . Are you familiar with using vi?
    Ah i added nothing - iīve downloaded a complete image and i cant login to the unix sco system!

My Cars
    E46 330i
    Hello,

thanks @ Jamz - seems my DIS is workin' now, too
    I'll do a check tomorrow usin' my E46

Since I'm workin @ a BMW-Garage usin' DIS is everyday-work for me

Greetings
    Frank

My Cars
    530dT
    I still need help with my network config. Whatīs to do, when i have no Internet oder Network round about my car!? The virtual head wont run without an activ network!

My Cars
    can you tell us more detail what you have done so far after the installation ?

My Cars
    E46 330i
    Hi!

After usin' the Virtualdiagheadtool my DIS works fine, too.

I set up DIS usin the "getting started with VMWare" Guide, then changed some of the settings as mentioned on the first page of this thread. But you don't have to change /etc/hosts - or you'll get the errormessage flink182 has. After that I just start IFHServ, Virtualdiaghead and boot up my VMWare GT1. When the DIS-Software is ready, I press "start" on the virtualdiagheadmenu and DIS shows up a Diahead which I can connect the software to.
    And after that I just can plug in the interface to my car, choose the model and here we go...

Note: Before you start tryin to get DIS alive, you've got to make sure, your INPA/Ediabas runs and you can connect it to your car. After that you can start to get your DIS workin'

Greetings
    Frank

My Cars
    BMW 325 Coupe

Red face where can i get the files.

i have been trying to get a hold of these files, have the Vmware running v55 and the DIS on it. i have got a hold of the DiagHeadInstall. But i dont know where to get the, OBD_diagnose_with_round_20pins_-_318ti_org_forum.zip

It seem to be quite helpfull to most people. And no one want the let it go for free. so you can email me on stee.ac@gmail.com. And where can i get the ifhrsrv3.exe file. please please guy. help. help.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by steeee View Post
    i have been trying to get a hold of these files, have the Vmware running v55 and the DIS on it. i have got a hold of the DiagHeadInstall. But i dont know where to get the, OBD_diagnose_with_round_20pins_-_318ti_org_forum.zip

It seem to be quite helpfull to most people. And no one want the let it go for free. so you can email me on stee.ac@gmail.com. And where can i get the ifhrsrv3.exe file. please please guy. help. help.

I believe ifhrsrv3.exe is located in INPA or EDIABAS folder
    simply search for it

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkz View Post
    Hi!

After usin' the Virtualdiagheadtool my DIS works fine, too.

I set up DIS usin the "getting started with VMWare" Guide, then changed some of the settings as mentioned on the first page of this thread. But you don't have to change /etc/hosts - or you'll get the errormessage flink182 has. After that I just start IFHServ, Virtualdiaghead and boot up my VMWare GT1. When the DIS-Software is ready, I press "start" on the virtualdiagheadmenu and DIS shows up a Diahead which I can connect the software to.
    And after that I just can plug in the interface to my car, choose the model and here we go...

Note: Before you start tryin to get DIS alive, you've got to make sure, your INPA/Ediabas runs and you can connect it to your car. After that you can start to get your DIS workin'

Greetings
    Frank

Hi Frank

congrats with your working GT1npa
    would you mind make an instruction for the configuration for the INPA and GT1 setting ? I'm so confiuse with the IP config setting. like windows IP and VMware's IP as well as GT1's ip........

gabi
    Last edited by gabileung; 07-16-2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    BMW 325 Coupe

Angry it is not working why???????

Have seen it the file.
    I do not have the DIS doing anything at all. i have not been able to get it to diagnose. Plus i have the INPA/EDIABAS runing but i dont now why i wont connect to the car. I purchase the Ediabas/INPA rs232 (DB9) cable on ebay the and i dont know what the problem is.

And how that i have both i dont even know where to go and how to make the talk to each other.

My Cars
    E46 320D
    Hi, i'm a newbie to the forum but have been following this thread with great interest and it finally inspired me to buy an image of DIS and SSS which i've now installed on a IBM X22 laptop with serial port. I'm using a Edibas serial lead with Inpa 5.02 / Edibas installed alongside DIS and SSS both running under VMWARE. I also have the 'diaghead' emulator installed and running.

Inpa currently works fine when connected to the OBD socket and I can access. Unfortunately, despite printing out, reading and re-reading this thread about 25 times, I am having difficulty in getting DIS to actually connect successfully using the Edibas interface.

So far, I can load and run DIS (with the head emulator and IFH-Service running in the background), and my interface appears on the list of 'Free Diagnostic Heads' as Chris 192.168.68.1 in DIS Administration > Config > Diagnostic Head, and when I click on the head from the list, the following fields get automatically filled in

Hostname:- Chris 192.168.68.1
    IP Address:- 192.168.68.1
    Network Mask:- 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway:- <blank>

I then try and click on 'OK' but nothing happens, probably because the default gateway field is blank. So I then add 192.168.68.1 to the default gateway field and I can then click on 'OK'. However after about 15 seconds an error is reported, namely that the Interface cannot be correctly configured

So I go into Admin > Connection Setup

Again, the head appears in the list as Chris 192.168.68.1 however when I click on the 'connecting' tab, I get the message

"The IP address of the selected diagnostic head is also entered under the name 'diaghead' in the system. Each IP address may only be allocated once. Rectify the mistake in the relevant configuration mask".

How do I rectify this or stop the confiction?

In VMWARE my network settings appear as follows under summary

VMnet0 (bridged) Bridged to BN-WD54G Wireless Network (my network card)
    VMnet1 (host only) A priivate network shared with the host - Subnet 192.168.68.0 DHCP Enabled
    VMnet8 (NAT) used to share the hosts IP address - Subnet 192.168.153.0 DHCP Enabled

Both VMnet0 and VMnet8 appear as enabled and operating in network connections

I have manually edited (using wordpad) the C:\Edibas\bin\edibas.ini file with the following information

TCP / IP Configuration. Server Address/name. Remote Host = 192.168.68.30

Port = 6801

(i've also tried diaghead, Diaghead and 192.168.68.1 entered as the remote host without any success)

I am a little confused about this, do I only need to physically alter the settings in /bin/edibas.ini or is there another edibas.ini file within the Unix virtual environment which also needs editing?. I can log into the panel using root and 12345, but have no experience of editing or accessing files within there. Any guide on doing this would be great.

Also when I click ifhsrv32.exe nothing pops up or opens, but it does appear on the taskbar as IFH-Service. There is no IP address next to it though.

I've spent most of the weekend on this, and its driving me nuts. Its really so frustrating to be so close and yet still feel like being miles off.

I would appreciate any advice from those who have trod this path and found success. Both me and my 320D would be very grateful of any advice, and it would probably save one laptop from flying out of the nearest window.

Thanks in advance

My Cars
    e46, e90
    turbo try to add default gateway: 192.168.68.128. when you config diagnostic head.

My Cars
    BMW 520IT 2000

DIS GT1 "auto identification" with ediabas interface.

Hi

I finally got GT1 to work with my ediabas interface..(not so hard if you do it right, but took some time).
    Bay the way not all the information in the instructions we get is correct, at least not for me.

but over to my questions:
    Is any body else able to automatic identify model? I only get this messages.

hxxp://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1172/gt1v39.png

and a am also not able to use the "coding/programing" or the "key programing" only get this message: (note: screen shot taken after "diaghead" turnd of" so dont mind the signal)

hxxp://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1172/gt1v392.png

And last question.
    in NCS-Expert my E39 is identified with EWS/IKE/KMB.
    but the FG number is not the same for all the modules. IKE/KMB is the same but EWS is different. should thay be the same?

turbo1973:

Quote Originally Posted by turbo1973 View Post

"The IP address of the selected diagnostic head is also entered under the name 'diaghead' in the system. Each IP address may only be allocated once. Rectify the mistake in the relevant configuration mask".

How do I rectify this or stop the confiction?
    I think you have added in your etc/host file
    192.168.68.1 dighead ??

ok , just remove it!

if not i suspect the "VMware Network Adapter VMnet1" in the host computer that you have VMware workstation. is using ip 192.168.68.1 then you can just change it to .5 or so.

I have manually edited (using wordpad) the C:\Edibas\bin\edibas.ini file with the following information
    the ediabas.ini on the "diaghead" eumaltor / INPA pc, you dont have to change at al. as this is sett up to "interface=STD:OBD

it is only the /etc/ediabas.ini at the DIS you need to change

I am a little confused about this, do I only need to physically alter the settings in /bin/edibas.ini or is there another edibas.ini file within the Unix virtual environment which also needs editing?. I can log into the panel using root and 12345, but have no experience of editing or accessing files within there. Any guide on doing this would be great.
    You only have to edit etc/ediabas.ini

to edit files i unix u can use "vi" just type it in the command promt.

Do a google "linux vi" first as this is a litle hard to use at first.

Also when I click ifhsrv32.exe nothing pops up or opens, but it does appear on the taskbar as IFH-Service. There is no IP address next to it though.

and the ip beside ifhsrv32.exe on the task bar will only aper once DIS is connected.

I've spent most of the weekend on this, and its driving me nuts. Its really so frustrating to be so close and yet still feel like being miles off.
    I know exacting what you mean... but what i feeling when you get i to work!!!

regards
    mmm
    Last edited by MadMonkeyMan; 07-31-2009 at 09:37 AM. Reason: spelling

My Cars
    e46, e90
    I try to make it working but failed. I need to know this settings you have in your windows and in vmware:
    1. windows:
    vmnet1: ip, subnetmask, default gateway, bridged or not
    main network adapter:ip, subnetmask, default gateway, bridged or not
    2. vmware:
    in settings what network adapter you use (vmnet0, vmnet1)?
    what settings do you have in vmware network config?
    I have this problem. ping 192.168.68.1 work, /usr/ediabas/bin/apitest work, ifh service shows ip from vmware adapter(192.168.68.20). when I reboot and dis come up, the diag head don't appear.
    my settings are:
    1. windows:
    vmnet1 : IP: 192.168.68.1
    subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    default gateway: 192.168.68.20
    bridged
    2.vmnet :
    in settings :network adapter: vmnet1 (host only)
    network adapter : IP: 192.168.68.20
    subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    default gateway: 192.168.68.1
    edited etc/ediabas.ini: remote host : diaghead, port: 6801
    edited etc/hosts: 192.168.68.1 diaghead
    my etc/hosts looks like this:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    192.168.68.1 diaghead
    192.168.68.20 gt1ap
    what is rong?
    tell me please you entire configuration
    thanks anticipated

My Cars
    BMW 520IT 2000
    Ok.

Here are some screenshots:
    just ask if something is uncleare.

hxxp://profile.imageshack.us/user/madmonkeyman

hope it helps.

regards
    mmm

My Cars
    E46 320D
    Thanks for the help so far.

I still cannot get the Edibas head to connect. It constantly appears in the list of Free heads but when I click on it, and try to connect, it just gives a 'cannot be correctly configured error'

One thing I have also noticed, is that in the BMW Head Emulator program is running, the GW address appears as 0.0.0.0

This is what appears in the Emulator program window when it is started

Detected System Name:- CHRIS
    Using network adaptor [00000011] VMware virtual ethernet adaptor for VMnet1
    IP:192.168.68.1 MASK:255.255.255.0 GW:0.0.0.0

IFH-Service still does not display an IP address even when DIS is running. I guess this means that its not connecting properly

I think that I need to access /etc/edibas.ini in order to edit it because this has not been done, so i think that this is where my current problems lie. But how do i do this?

So far I have got the DIS menu up and pressed ctrl+alt+F1 and then logged in with "root" and "12345"

I then typed 'vi' but got a 'command not recognized error'

Typing 'scoadmin' loaded the menu

Where do I go now in order to edit edibas.ini? does this file already exist or do i need to create it?

I think I now need to be at photo 15 on the image link that MMM kindly added, but how to get there and edit the IP and Port?

I've searched the forum and google but cannot find any instruction on doing this. As you may have guessed i've never used VMware before, LOL

Thanks.
    Last edited by turbo1973; 07-30-2009 at 06:11 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 520IT 2000
    ok.

Yes i think you defiantly need to change the ediabas.ini file or at leas look and see if change must be made.

first the easiest think to try is Changing the name of the pc CHRIS to DIAGHEAD and add gateway ip 192.168.68.1

if this does not work.

then you go to terminal/console on DIS "ctrl + alt +F1"

at the command line:

"cd /etc"

"vi eidabas.ini"

(file is already there) (if you have the same version i have "vi" program should be there. if not you can try use "nano eidabas.ini" or "pico eidabas.ini"

after edit reboot by typing "init 6" in command.

regards
    mm
    Last edited by MadMonkeyMan; 07-31-2009 at 09:38 AM.

My Cars
    e46, e90
    thanks, man. I'll try those settings and tell what's happent

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast