Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Settings in GT1/DIS to use the INPA Interface ?

My Cars
    BMW
    Its frustrating but you just have to get at it...Took me awhile before I was up and running...
    Last edited by cn555ic; 04-25-2012 at 06:59 PM.

My Cars
    e36M, 525iTA, 525i/5

ThinkPad T60 & Ultrabay serial port

It's been a while since I've checked in- but I wanted to update this thread for those who use and are considering to use the T60 for DIS / INPA . . .

I've recently acquired an ultrabay serial / parallel adapter for "true" native resources on the T60.

Works like a champ- I even automatically recognized my E38 today for the first time. Previously using Quatech card & Jarda's port patch.

I swear the thing talks faster now.

Cheers!
    Last edited by mgoods50; 06-23-2012 at 03:46 AM. Reason: lacked title
    "It's not what you buy- it's what you build" - unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by EnlightenMe View Post
    Thanks, you've been more help than most mechanics in Souther California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beitie View Post
    Yet another great post mgoods50!
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillajin View Post
    Thank you everybody who inputs here, specially mgoods50!

My Cars
    1996 E34 525i Touring

Exclamation ADS mode with PCMCIA/USB SERIAL port

I just found out how to get EDIABAS with INPA/EasyDIS working through ADS interface even wiithout 'real' serial port. I got T61 and cheap PCMCIA-SERIAL card - it was no possible to get it working with ADS.

The only point is that you need to install XP in vmware and add serial interface bridged to your USB/PCMCIA-SERIAL adapter in host (Which is in my point Win7-64bit), install INPA in that virtual XP and enjoy fun. The other virtual machine is running easyDIS, network configured to communicate between virtual XP with EDIABAS and virtual EasyDIS. Now I just plug in my PCMCIA card, connect to car, start virtual XP with EDIABAS (runs ifhservice after boot), start virtual EasyDIS and diagnosis working without any problems. The only thing I was facing is that notebook has to be on A/C power when communicating with DME, when on battery it just crashes when attempting to connect to DME (Other units like ZKE1, ABS, SRS, etc are working fine even on battery power). No more real serial ports needed.

My Cars
    Small
    Inpa should do the trick??

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    i have a non easydis gt1 vm and its 100% functional with a real opps or yellow head, so I started to get it working with my inpa cable.
    I have applied the required changes to the vi hosts, vi ediabas.ini as outlined in the how to's and this allows me to connect the "diaghead" to the dis, however when i go to diagnosis and select chassis I get:

Heres is a screenshot of my ediabas.ini file. any errors?

The cable is fully functinal with inpa/tool32 and ncs... if i shut down dis, and close everything I can go strait in to inpa and do what ever I need to do.. My cable is USB and on com 3.

any ideas?
    clint

also editing vi ediabas.ini doesnt change the ediabas.ini file on the native windows folder... i changed the ip address and then read it in dis in the linix side and it didnt read it from the ediabas on the pc... so maybe??
    clint
    Last edited by modular93fox; 09-03-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    e36 m3
    How do I access scoadministration for windows xp?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Modular93fox, lines beginning with ; are commented out, you need to delete the ; and associated space from the lines designating RemoteHost = 192.168.68.1 and Ports = 6801 . You also need to ensure that Interface = STD:OBD and Loadwin32 = 1 are set and likewise, not commented out.

Erik2003, assuming your installation is based on a conventional setup, rather than EasyDIS, log into the root directory and at the # prompt, type scoadmin - remember that UNIX is case and space-sensitive.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Sorry guys I didn't read all 23 pages, so may have missed it.

I'm trying to find out if my yellow GT1 head (opps?) that I use with DIS and SSS/Progman, will also handle NCS Expert.

NCS Expert is the only thing I am really interested in and I know people have it working with cheap interfaces/cables, making the expensive yellow head more or less absolete. But before ditching it, I would like to know if I can have NCS Expert working with the yellow head.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740i

DiagHead error - Registry key access problem

Quote Originally Posted by aaaokk View Post
    dose the diaghead emulator work with windows7?when i excute.it get error meassage.any method to fix it?
    You just hyave to run the application as "Administrator" and under "Windows XP-SP2" compatibility.

Been there, done that and it is working.

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3

Red face gt1 dis for all laptops

can anyone tell me where to get the iso for gt1 dis for all laptops

looking to run it of an external hard drive

thanks in advance

My Cars
    1994 2.0l Coupe E36
    Hello

is there any more help ?

I have some problems. Inpa 5.0 Ediabas 6.4.7 works fine.

DIS installed with many different DIY but no one work correct.

I have this Interface http://doitauto.de/bmw-diagnose/bmw-...iagnose-geraet

it is with serial connected to my laptop so what should i configurate fister or softing vm on or off ?

And make i changes in the hosts file on the windows, look this file like the same in DIS ( vi hosts ) ?

So when i do all like the DIY and ping to .32 and .31 works fine but ping to .30 is with some packet lost why?

THX for help

My Cars
    Hi all!
    My question is: is it possible to use ICOM with DIS. I have tried it more times but it did't work. I have
    ICOM with newest firmware and DIS v57 on a vmware machine. DIS is working fine with a DCAN cable.
    Settings of ICOM:

DiscoverMode: STATIC_IP
    IP: 192.168.68.85
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.68.99

INPA is working perfectly both with version 7.3.0 and 6.4.7 of EDIABAS with these settings when I set iToolRadar to reserve.
    What I have tried first:

All 3 network adapter of the virtual machine is bridged, remotehost of DIS in EDIABAS.INI is set to 192.168.68.85, and the same setting written into /etc/hosts -file. I can ping it from virtual machine and apitest is also running, but I can not see diaghead in connection setup.
    Another try:

The virtual machine is configured as if I used it with DCAN cable, and version 6.4.7 of EDIABAS is running on machine, and diagheadc emulator v1.2. So I can see the emulated diaghead in connection setup, but it is still not working. The problem is that if I set in EDIABAS.INI to use ICOM, interface = REMOTE and Remotehost = 192.168.68.85. And the head is set to reserve with iToolRadar. Inpa is running so but IFHSRV32.exe can not get started.

Windows firewall is off.

Does somebody have any idea to get this stuff work. ISID 3.1 is working perfectly if DiscoverMode APIPA. I need DIS because I know pretty much all of it but I need to learn ISID.

Thanks!

My Cars
    2003 E39 520i
    I recently setup Inpa/EDIABAS and DISV44 on a Windows 7 64bit machine. Read a ton of info online. Bought a cable and software set from BMCables.com - the software disks are no good.

Got Inpa/EDIABAS working reasonably easily using the guides online, DIS was a bit harder. I ended up downloading the software via Torrent, easydis base44 iso and gt1_v44 programs.iso.

Most of the guides referred to using VM Player and gloss over the networking setup inside VMware. I ended up using VMWorkstation 10 again torrented, and had no issues getting it running. The key is to setup the networking in VMware and make sure that the new virtual adapter vmnet1 that is no visible in Windows networking has the 192.168.68.1 address. After adding three nics to the VM and then running the scoadmin util and removing the first nic and adding the 3 new ones and setting their IP's and disabling windows firewall I was able to ping from the VM to the physical host. After editing the ediabas.ini files so that the port and IP is correct on the VM and running IFH-Service before starting DISV44 it all worked.

Matt.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328i
    Pardon my ignorance. Did you refer diagnostic head to the software that you will be using to perhaps recode moudles on BMW?

Also I don't know if you can help me looking for a software/hardware.

I have 2007 bmw 328i, I am a mechanic and was working on the car like alternator. When battery was plugged back on, now 3 of the lights abs, steering and handbrake light on. I heard that you have to recalibrate the footweel moudle and register battery and one more thing.

Same thing with Audi A4, handbrake, abs and airbag light on, needs a reset and wutever the procedure is.

I work on Bmws, Audis alot and need a good diagnostic software (must have ability to test bmw vanos for good operation). and also do those battery registrations and re-coding the moudles etc. I have heard things like Icom (interference based), Snapon Verus, Autologic - hardware (tablets except Icomm)etc.

Can you guys please suggest me:

1. software/hardware you using
    2. prons and cons of it
    3. your recommendation to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MPower2007 View Post
    Hi,

does anybody know the settings in GT1/DIS to use the same diagnose interface for INPA/Ediabas, without use the expensive diagnostic head ?

(Sorry for my English...)

Regards

My Cars
    BMW 728i & BMW 740iA
    Hi there,

Please help, I am not able to connect DIS with my BMW E38:

I have installed DIS44 in Windows 7 32 bits with VM, and Standard Tools including EDIABAS. I have a K+DCAN usb cable. Following the tutorial that I have used, the vnet1 must be configured with 192.168.68.1. In ediabas.ini: port 6801 and remotehost=192.168.68.30.

I launch ifhsrv.exe and the VM. When I start a diagnosis, ifhsrv appears in the taskbar with 192.168.68.32.

What is wrong??? Wich is the correct configuration?

Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    2006 BMW e90 320d
    Ediabas must be 6.4.7 version, not 7.x.x.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    This has been a mystery for years. What exactly is that symbol on top of the screen in DIS, right next to "Services". It looks like a battery. Sometimes it shows as full, sometimes as empty or just random something in between. Whatever it shows, DIS always works fine.

Is it perhaps for the original Siemens remote Touchscreen battery left?
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328i
    Can anybody tell me how to get the gt1 software to recognize a 2007 328i. I keep getting the message low voltage and terminal 15. It is a brand new battery. Is there a trick to get terminal 15 to activate i have the push button start.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Put the key fob in the dask and press the start button (without putting your foot on the brake for auto or without depressing the clutch for manual).

My Cars
    320i E36, 318i E30
    I am having problem setting up DIS and after 6h I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

First my basis: WIN XP SP3, INPA V5. tranzistor DIY made ADS interface working both on INPA or NCS, same with a second DIY made OBD. BMW DIS V44 on VMware.

I already set:
    -> under Virtual Network Editor: preset VMnet0 (bridget) plus the VMnet1 (host-only) on the subnet 192.168.68.0 / start IP 192.168.68.1 ...
    -> virtual machine setting \ hardware \ I set 3 networks, all as VMnet1 (host-only)
    -> IFH-service set desktop shortcut and operational
    ->
    unix -> root -> vi ediabas.ini
    ---------
    RemoteHost = 192.168.68.1
    Port = 6801
    --------

unix -> root -> vi hosts
    -------
    # SCCS IDENTIFICATION
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    192.168.68.1 diaghead diaghead
    192.168.68.30 gt1ap gt1ap
    192.168.68.32 gt1ap2 gt1ap2
    192.168.68.31 gt1ap1 gt1ap1
    -------

-> firewall off, antivirus off
    -> with the ediabas.ini set and working on ADS, I additionaly set VM off, NSW on, DSM on,
    -> SCOADMIN set default loopback, plus 3x TCP/IP gt1ap, gt1ap1 and gt1ap2 under corresponding .30, .31 and .32 IPs
    -> APITEST works, protocol traslator set to FISHER and correct EDIABAS.INI
    -> windows cmd ping 192.168.68.1 shows connection

But I don't get a "Free diagnostic head" under DIS administration -> diaghead.

Byside setting the correct ADS or STD:OBD in ediabas.ini and runing the appropiare ediabas hardware setup change .exe, what should I put in VMware or DIS to have the thing working?
    Last edited by vlakci; 08-06-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    E36 320i conv 1/97':
    fog lights; power steering; M body; M steering wheel with MFL; M3 vader light gray leather seats w/heating; phone; cruise control; harmankardon; PDC; CD43 business radio+dension adapter USB+Ipod with ID3tags; hardtop+lift+stand; wind deflector; 17" stly22 Motorsport wheels; EWS; DWA alarm; remote central locking; 4x el.windows; CD changer; cup holder+CD box in glovebox; coin box in door; roll-bar; full auto.el.softtop; luggage straps; ASC; ABS; engine compartment light; glovebox light; automatic A/C with AUC; OBC; light cleaning; intensive wash; heated wash nozzles; fire extinguisher; westfalia towing hitch
    --------------------
    E30 318i sedan 9/87': everything expcept Mbody and sunroof

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    With these settings it is normal not to see any "free diagnostic head" displayed. From the look of it, your setup is working - you just need to connect to your car and run a diagnosis.

My Cars
    320i E36, 318i E30
    Thanks - I thought that something was wrong, but it works on the car . For any other doing this with ADS, check my post of the 8avg.
    E36 320i conv 1/97':
    fog lights; power steering; M body; M steering wheel with MFL; M3 vader light gray leather seats w/heating; phone; cruise control; harmankardon; PDC; CD43 business radio+dension adapter USB+Ipod with ID3tags; hardtop+lift+stand; wind deflector; 17" stly22 Motorsport wheels; EWS; DWA alarm; remote central locking; 4x el.windows; CD changer; cup holder+CD box in glovebox; coin box in door; roll-bar; full auto.el.softtop; luggage straps; ASC; ABS; engine compartment light; glovebox light; automatic A/C with AUC; OBC; light cleaning; intensive wash; heated wash nozzles; fire extinguisher; westfalia towing hitch
    --------------------
    E30 318i sedan 9/87': everything expcept Mbody and sunroof

Is this the same fix when Fister is selected instead? The settings I have are Davidmc's for the ediabas.ini. and I get 198.168.68.1 when I follow the instructions above to the ediabas.ini file. Using windows 10 on a Dell XPS M140.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You should only be working with Fister selected as the translator - the trap with DIS is that the IFHSrv32 NetServer locks your settings when you start the virtual machine, so you need to start DIS without starting the IFHSrv32 first, make the protocol and translator changes, update EDIABAS from inside DIS, then exit DIS using Option 0 of the Configurematic menu so that it updates itself with all of your changes. Once you have exited the system, you can start the IFHSrv32, then start DIS as per normal and everything should function properly. If this is the case, do yourself a favour and take a snapshot of your installation at that point so that you can start and stop DIS without worrying about disrupting file settings. Snapshots are a virtual restore point for your installation and save lots of work in the event of an unexpected crash.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    You should only be working with Fister selected as the translator - the trap with DIS is that the IFHSrv32 NetServer locks your settings when you start the virtual machine, so you need to start DIS without starting the IFHSrv32 first, make the protocol and translator changes, update EDIABAS from inside DIS, then exit DIS using Option 0 of the Configurematic menu so that it updates itself with all of your changes. Once you have exited the system, you can start the IFHSrv32, then start DIS as per normal and everything should function properly. If this is the case, do yourself a favour and take a snapshot of your installation at that point so that you can start and stop DIS without worrying about disrupting file settings. Snapshots are a virtual restore point for your installation and save lots of work in the event of an unexpected crash.

Are there any full-proof VMware settings that are known to work flawlessly? There are so many around that it just confuses matters.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast