Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Settings in GT1/DIS to use the INPA Interface ?

My Cars
    840Ci, 540i (E34)
    Hi!

Could you please send me the OBD_diagnose_with_round_20pins_-_318ti_org_forum.zip file to steve_k2400 [at] yahoo.co.uk
    Thanks in advance!

Steve (Thinman)

My Cars
    525 TDS E34 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower2007 View Post
    After a new install following the instructions (Article: Getting started with VMWare) my "apitest" works fine and the LED's on the DIS main screen lighting up ;-) !!!

Thx to " ecubb.bmwecu.org/board/index.php "
    Have you managed your DIS to work with ADS or ODB interface through IFH Service?

P.S. could someone share OBD_diagnose_with_round_20pins_-_318ti_org_forum.zip on rapidshare or send it to email umba@bk.ru thanks.

My Cars
    bmw 540i m

apitest failed

NET:0015 : Host Not found,

Anyone know what this means, i have IFH server running, i can ping 192.168.68.1 and 192.168.68.30?

Any help would be appreciated?

My Cars
    116i

Re: Dis

how do i login as root on vmware, please help

Quote Originally Posted by vpower17 View Post
    @MPower2007
    On the DIS Mainscreen you must put Strg+Alt+F1 to go to the first sco console.
    Login as root and pwd "password". Then change to the directory /etc and modify (vi ediabas.ini) the file.
    [TCP]
    RemoteHost = Diaghead
    Port = 6801
    Then extend the file /etc/hosts with following information:
    "192.168.68.30 Diaghead"
    after reboot, go to the console and type
    /usr/ediabas/bin/apitest"
    if it runs and give you a menu then the comminucation between ediabas-SCO and ifhsrv is ok.

@ eleet
    What settings must be done to connect DIS to the SCO ediabas ? DIS -> Services -> Settung up a connection -> Free Diagnostic heads are empty. Please help me - Thx

Sorry for my bad english.

My Cars
    116i

Re: Inpa

how do i login as root my email is kbeckford_02@hotmail.com

@ vpower17

Thanks for this... ;-)

My Cars
    bmw
    could anyone of u guys also send me the OBD_diagnose_with_round_20pins_-_318ti_org_forum.zip file.
    thanks a lot

My Cars
    525 E39 2001
    Please reshare or send private to email OBD_diagnose_with_round_20pins_-_318ti_org_forum.zip

Thanks

My Cars
    645Ci
    Hi all,

I'm looking for the DIS software.. any help is much appreciated! please PM me

My Cars
    bmw x5
    hi i tried the whole prossess i didnt know where to put the etc/host file and i couldnt login on the dis main screen i tried to login with root as login and password as password but still nothing could somebody please help me and if somebody can send me detailed insrtructions by email or anything i will be verry greatfull and thanks

My Cars
    m3 e36 euro spec
    I have a copy of the thread in www 318ti org
    where everything is described, but I need help in settings VMware and GT1/DIS to work with the Inpa/Ediabas Interface....
    hello, have anybody this file or can me tell what title this file at 318ti.or have?
    kind regards

i mean this file:
    hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/47861612/OBD_diagnose_with_round_20pins_-_318ti_org_forum.zip
    Last edited by mike19730; 01-03-2009 at 02:16 PM.

My Cars
    330cic
    hi guys,

somehow i don´t seem to get this whole thing to work, my config is working inpa 5.02 with ediabas 6.4.7 running xp sp3 and vmware 6.5.1. gt1/dis installation has been done with the shoulders method (thanks a lot for this comprehensive documentation)

pinging the host outside the vmware session works, ifhrsrv32 shows the ip adress of the vmware machine apitest shows me the menu, but when trying to use the diagnose button, dis freezes, and needs an init6... ip addresses and ports have been entered on both ini files and the hosts file, do i need to make any changes inside the dis administration screen? (konfig-system, konfig-diagnosekopf?)

thanks a lot for your support guys...

Cheers

My Cars
    530dT
    Hey i need help too...

I cant login to sco after press CTRL ALT F1, Root and password - it says login incorrect

Could anybody help?
    Last edited by flink182; 07-02-2009 at 08:47 AM.

My Cars
    Hi everyone
    I need help too
    anyone got the instructions?

I'm cant even get the interface working with the expresscard com port on my vista.......

also anyone here is memer of bmwecu.org ? I reckon there are info about this. can someone invite me into this forum ?
    thanks

My Cars
    530dT
    Quote Originally Posted by gabileung View Post
    Hi everyone
    I need help too
    anyone got the instructions?

I'm cant even get the interface working with the expresscard com port on my vista.......

also anyone here is memer of bmwecu.org ? I reckon there are info about this. can someone invite me into this forum ?
    thanks
    Oh, need to be invited too! My mail for invite (and maybe an instruction) is miet.mich@gmx.de

thanks!

My Cars
    I think the 318ti zip file is definately help
    anyone still have this file in any case ??
    my email is gabileung@hotmail.com

thanks

My Cars
    E46 330i

Unhappy

Hello Guys!

Maybe someone here can help me with the same problem most people here are thinkin about: How to get DIS to use a Ediabas interface.

I got myself an Interface which works fine with Ediabas/Inpa. I've installed now DIS V44 on my Laptop via VMWare using the guide "getting stated with VM-Ware" - and after editing the "ediabas.ini" and /etc/hosts like mentioned on the first page on this thread, IFHserv32.exe shows me the IP 192.168.68.32 when I enter the /usr/ediabas/bin/apitest command. The Dissoftware shows me the same IP in the admin-menu for GT1AP.
    But how do I get DIS to use Ediabas? IFHServ shows nothing when I start the DIS-appl. - it only shows when entering the apitest command. I can also succesfully Ping 192.168.68.1 using the console-comand.

So, anyone got any hints for me?
    As allready said:
    -Ediabas/Inpa runs fine usin my Interface
    -Edited c:\ediabas\bin\ediabas.ini to RemoteHost = 192.168.68.1 and
    Port = 6801
    -Installed DIS V44 using the "getting started with VM-Ware" guide (why do I add 3 LAN-Adapters: GT1AP 192.168.68.30, GT1AP1 192.168.68.31 and GT1AP2 192.168.68.32 ?)
    -edited /etc/ediabas.ini RemoteHost = Diaghead (also tried 192.168.68.1)
    Port = 6801
    -edited /etc/hosts 192.168.68.1 Diaghead
    -when running apitest IFHServ starts to show "192.168.68.32"
    -DIS->Admin->System shows "GT1AP/192.168.68.32"

Hope you can help me - both shoulders and the "getting started..." guides only help you to successfully install DIS using VM-Ware but don't tell you how to configure DIS to work with an Ediabas/Inpa Interface.

Greetings from germany
    Frank

PS: Hope my english is ok

My Cars
    Frank

you seems know most these days
    no one seem have this useful information anymore
    I've tried contact some ppl in this thread who sucessfully get that working but no reply.....

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I may be wrong, but I thought only DIS v39 was compatible with the INPA interface. Experts in this field are on the ecubb.BMWECU.org forum.
    Last edited by David Mc; 07-06-2009 at 07:56 AM.

My Cars
    328i,528i, X5

Interesting..

That might well be the case. This should not be that difficult to do but I can't seem to make it work correctly. I'm close..using DIS v55.

The ecubb.BMWECU.org forum is in lock down mode and access is by invitation only. There is no method to ask for an invite that I can find.

I'm sure the missing information is probably there and would save many hours of wasted time if this is the case .

Thanks for the nfo..

Jamz

Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    I may be wrong, but I thought only DIS v39 was compatible with the INPA interface. Experts in this field are on the ecubb.BMWECU.org forum.

My Cars
    so anyone can send me an invite to ecubb.BMWECU.org ??

My Cars
    530dT
    me too!

My Cars
    E46 330i
    I guess nobody here can invite us to the BMWECU Forum, so I hope someone knows how to get DIS workin.

Jamz: You are usin an Inpa/Ediabas Interface, too?

I don't see any reasons why only Dis V39 should work. That wouldn't make any sense. And I've read a lot of ppl are usin also Dis V57 (latest released version).

I think I'm only missin something so Dis "talks" to IFHServ. As allready said - when I use the apitest everything looks fine, but in Dis no Diaghead shows up.

Greetings
    Frank

My Cars
    328i,528i, X5

Thumbs up @ Frank

Hi Frank,

Yes I'm using INPA/Ediabas on a Fujistu (XP Pro) tablet with USB to OBDII adapter. Also have the ODBII to 20pin for under the hood. Working great. I reset the airbag light on my E39 and the SES light on my E53. No problems there.

I have DIS v55 running on VMware player and can ping all IP addresses from the host ( Tablet) to the VMware DIS virtual (XP Pro) machine and back.

I'm close...but not quite there

Ahhh I just re-read your post above and you seem to be exactly where I am - missing that last piece to make the communications between the two

Jamz

UPDATE -------------------------------------------------

Well after a few weeks of research, trial and error, I finally made the connection between DIS and IFHserv32.exe..as shown below in the attached screen shot below. APITest is good also. Later today after work I will attach to the car and see what happens. I will report my findings!

I must get to bed now..works comes early.

Jamz

Last edited by jamz; 07-07-2009 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    good work Jamz
    keep it going
    if you could guide us thruogh or make a write up on this it would be really great !

My Cars
    530dT
    Yeah Jams, good work! Please guide us!!

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast