Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boostlogic manifold and motor mount don't fit. WTF?!?

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO

Boostlogic manifold and motor mount don't fit. WTF?!?

I just spent the last two hours trying to get my boostlogic manifold to fit after installing the boostlogic motor mount. Obviously they are supposed to work together. The manifold isn't hitting anything but the motor mount itself and it's about 1/2 away from lining up with the holes in the head. Has anyone else run into this problem. It's a good thing I checked now because after I noticed how much the motor mount tilted the motor I decided I better re-test fit my downpipe before getting it welded.(it was perfect with the stock mount). Don't tell me I'm going to have to chop up a "perfectly good" motor mount?!? Quality control what?
    ICS Stage 1 NickG tune, 60lb Injectors, Blow through MAF, Synapse BOV, Boostlogic Manifold, BW-S366, Full 4" exhaust, Built Block w/ Wiseco's and K1 Rods = Good Times

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    They are outsourcing those items now to be made cheaper for profit margin. I have been told it is actually hard to find one of there manifolds that actually do fit and this is from people who bought them and tried them. Sorry you found out this way. I hope someone starts mass producing a below mount tubular that will be made in-house to fit perfectly every time. Only company I know working on this is Extreme motorsports. Call and ask for Blasie telling him Cameron sent you.

Otherwise call Boost Logic and demand that you have one made in-house to exact specs because this is not what you paid $1700 or whatever crazy dollars for...not to mention what the motor mount cost.
    Last edited by highboostingm3; 08-04-2007 at 03:51 PM.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    67' GTO & Turbo E36
    try installing the mount after you install the manifold

My Cars
    13 Rubicon
    I installed the mount first, then the manifold on the head, then the head back onto the engine. I didn't have any problems with the motor mount but the manifold did NOT line up with the holes in the head. I just grinded the holes out a little bit on each end and it ended up working..
    2011 M3 Coupe - Individual Fire Orange/Black Novillo Extended Leather, 6MT, Mode Carbon, Eisenmann Race, BBS CH-R, BC Coil-overs (Sold)
    1995 M3 Coupe - Avus/Hurricane, AEM EMS, Precision Turbo, Boostlogic, H&R, Fikse FM/5, MaxVelocity, Maximum PSI, 20% Tint, etc etc.. (Sold)
    2009 M3 Coupe - AW/Fox Red, 6MT, Carbon Roof, Shadow Trim, etc (Sold)

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by WCM3 View Post
    I installed the mount first, then the manifold on the head, then the head back onto the engine. I didn't have any problems with the motor mount but the manifold did NOT line up with the holes in the head. I just grinded the holes out a little bit on each end and it ended up working..
    I am still at a loss that they sell a motor mount and a tubular manifold to work together yet there is that much of an issue witth the motor mount being in the way of the manifold.

I hope at least the manifold will be fine with changing the holes (no exhaust leaks).

Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO
    Thanks for the tip Highboosting but that link didn't work. The main problem is I bought the manifold off someone on the forums not directly from boostlogic. I don't know if the manifold is screwed up or the motor mount? How would I know. They both seem to go on by themselves fine, it's just when you try to use them both together?!? Go figure, I spent the extra money on this manifold/mount combo to make sure this went together right. I'm going to go try puting the mount on after the manifold.
    ICS Stage 1 NickG tune, 60lb Injectors, Blow through MAF, Synapse BOV, Boostlogic Manifold, BW-S366, Full 4" exhaust, Built Block w/ Wiseco's and K1 Rods = Good Times

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO
    I'm soooooo pissed right now.

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO
    Quote Originally Posted by fishforlife View Post
    ill come up your way tomorrow and go thru 2 gears for you....let me know if interested all i need is a video camera present...the tires are on me.
    What? Wrong post I'm guessing. Anyways, I tried putting the manifold on first and it's still a no go. Between runner number two and the 1 and three there is about an inch gap. If that gap wasn't there I'm sure it would fit perfect. WTF!?!?!?!?! I'm not sure if I can just modify the motor mount itself or not. I want to make sure I'm still going to have plenty of room to run the intake?

My Cars
    searching for a new one
    Quote Originally Posted by e36ALPINE View Post
    I'm soooooo pissed right now.
    Dude, I totally know how you feel.

Neither my manifold nor my motormount fit.

I slotted my holes myself, installed the manifold, ran the car, found out it leaked, found a machine shop, paid 300 dolars to have them run a program on it, and now finally I got in reinstalled a month ago.

They redid my holes as well and it fits and seals like a charm now, but what a headache.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Dan D
    95 M3 White/Black
    A few bolt ons...
    08 Honda Accord Silver/Black
    EX-L 4 cylinder (wife's car)
    01 Pontiac Grand Prix GT White/Grey
    Daily Driver

My Cars
    95 m3, 08 m3, '87 325is
    post your fitment issues to kean. i think his name is keanatBL on aim.

My Cars
    99 M3 *Turbo*, 56 VW 2.2L
    almost 2k for a mani and it doesn't fit,I'd be pretty pissed..hell I only have the motor mount and I'm starting to get worried
    CP Pistons
    Eagle Rods
    T67 Turbo
    Lots and lots of custom goodies and 666 fab schtuuufff

05/01/07 RIP pops

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO
    If it were that close to the holes I would oval them out but it's not even close enough to do that. I'm thinking worst case scenario I'll bring the motor mount to a machine shop and have them cut the corner off that's hitting the manifold and have them reweld a steel plate there. Hopefully it would still be strong enough? I don't have AIM . Is kean on the forums here?

My Cars
    67' GTO & Turbo E36
    I would drive to boostlogic and throw the manifold throught thier front window ...... seriously 2k and it doesn't fit..

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO
    Well I didn't buy it directly from them. I got it from another member on this board. It was still expensive though. At least for me.

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO
    I just sent them an email , We'll see how their customer service is ...........

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Ask Boostlogic where their manifolds and piping are actually built and welded. If you aren't pissed off now...

My Cars
    67' GTO & Turbo E36
    This kind of stuff makes me so F-ing mad.... Real company, not SSAC or Ebay stuff.. that is close to the price of a mid 90's used Honda. Is a hunk of Garbage... If this were me I would be making a road trip...

My Cars
    E36, WRX
    Ouch good luck on getting that sorted.

Makes me glad I went for the 666 manifold

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    So nobody called up Boostlogic yesterday and asked them where their manifolds, motor mounts and piping are made?

Hopefully tomorrow someone will.

My Cars
    E46 M3, 991 GT3, F85 X5M
    Just IM Kean at BL on Monday. He'll take care of you.

To be honest, the BMW expertise left with Blaise at BL. I don't think they're gonna pursue the BMW market anymore, but they will still do whatever they can to keep their customers happy.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Okay so this shows there is a decent little market for even a bottom mount tubular manifold that costs $1700 without coating.

Somebody get on this market ASAP! 666? Somebody! Jig it up, weld the biatches, reproduce at least 5 right away, no built to order so it takes forever like all the guys waiting on the Chris top mounts...lets do this!

My Cars
    E46 M3, 991 GT3, F85 X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    Okay so this shows there is a decent little market for even a bottom mount tubular manifold that costs $1700 without coating.

Somebody get on this market ASAP! 666? Somebody! Jig it up, weld the biatches, reproduce at least 5 right away, no built to order so it takes forever like all the guys waiting on the Chris top mounts...lets do this!
    Extreme Motorsports/Blaise go go go go

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jickel180 View Post
    Extreme Motorsports/Blaise go go go go

My Cars
    TRM Stage 1.34
    TRM can produce a custom tubular manifold if there's enough demand... at least 5 to even start talking about pricing.

Custom Made in the USA.
    No PMs. Email through forum please.

My Cars
    67' GTO & Turbo E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    TRM can produce a custom tubular manifold if there's enough demand... at least 5 to even start talking about pricing.

Custom Made in the USA.
    Ya a week or so ago when i was out there. Mike showed me one he had made.. It looked like a good manifold

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast