Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Dynojet Results - modded e36 M3

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    Quote Originally Posted by jworms View Post
    thanks! i was hoping some people would take note of the comparisons.

wanna bet?

yep. unfortunately it runs better without it plugged in so for right now that's my only option until i figure out how to fix my software to work with the 3.5" MAF. After that, i expect even more power
    Many vendors sell SW for 3.5" HFM...Dont forget to update your sig dyno #'s
    Old set up: 520RWHP & 500RWTQ @ 20PSI 1/4 mile as of 7/26/15 12.5 @ 125MPH - 19PSI
    New set up: Steedspeed Twinscroll, Wiseco Pistons 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Blueprinted and Balanced, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) TwinScrol 1.06 exhaust housing, Nick G custom tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, UUC EVO III, UUC DSSR 109mm, EVO 6 Speed Driveshaft, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix data logger, 3" SS full exhaust, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Race coilovers.

My Cars
    E36 M3 coupe
    IM going to unplug mine and see it it ripps anybetter hopefully I dont blow the thing up

My Cars
    Ferrari 458, Model 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Matutino View Post
    Many vendors sell SW for 3.5" HFM...Dont forget to update your sig dyno #'s
    aww, but i'm sooo addicted to the controversy attached with my sig numbers right now . i guess these are my most current dyno numbers which makes my current sig untrue. my sig has officially been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by skratch View Post
    IM going to unplug mine and see it it ripps anybetter hopefully I dont blow the thing up
    be careful. take it slow...like anal sex

and don't blame me if you scar her for life and she never lets you do it again...erm, yeah
    UUC EVO III SSK | M50 Intake Manifold | Conforti 3.5" CAI | AA Software | 3.5" HFM (unplugged)
    Fan Delete | Strömung Exhaust | UUC Stg2 Ltw Flywheel | X-Brace | AA Track Pipe | 3.46 Differential

1/4 mile: 13.3@104.2mph; 8.6 in 1/8; 2.04 60' | Best 1/8 mile: 8.3@83mph; 1.81 60'
    Dyno: 242rwhp/232rwtq
    SOLD

My Cars
    E36 M3 coupe
    cars runs better with it pluged in,I was suprised it ran with out it.

My Cars
    Ferrari 458, Model 3
    cars runs better with it pluged in,I was suprised it ran with out it.
    yeah, i was shocked when my car ran without it too. i figured i'd be in limp-home mode but for some reason the car just ran...and boy did it run. i'm not sure why it seems to work for my car and not others which is why i say to be very careful if you attempt to do this. i only did it because i had weird misfiring issues and such, otherwise i'd have it plugged in still.
    UUC EVO III SSK | M50 Intake Manifold | Conforti 3.5" CAI | AA Software | 3.5" HFM (unplugged)
    Fan Delete | Strömung Exhaust | UUC Stg2 Ltw Flywheel | X-Brace | AA Track Pipe | 3.46 Differential

1/4 mile: 13.3@104.2mph; 8.6 in 1/8; 2.04 60' | Best 1/8 mile: 8.3@83mph; 1.81 60'
    SOLD

My Cars
    95 M3
    Whew those numbers are off the hook. You've got some kind of wednesday motor to make that kinda power with out cams headwork or FI. Good Stuff!

Is this what most S52's are putting down with similar mods?

-Garret -
    95 M3 Dinan Exhaust, TMS chip, 540i HFM, Conforti CAI, Bilstein f/r, Depo 6k HIDs, Clear Corners/Turns, 18" CSL wheels, MTech pedals, ZHP shiftknob - 227whp 218 wtq
    Previous -
    02 SVT Focus AEM intake, SCT software, CFM big bore throttle body, CFM engine/trans mounts, MSD Ignition, Steeda SSK, CFM polymounts SOLD
    93 Corrado SLC all motor VR6 - Race-Shop Big Valve Head/Ported Manifolds, Schrick 268 cams, Mk4 headgasket, Turn2 CAI/Underdrive pulleys/Stg. 3 engine mounts, Techtonics chip, Borla Exhaust, Dieselgeek shift kit, Carbon fiber hood, Schroth 4 pt harness, 16x7 Borbet Type E, Biltstein/H&R - SOLD

My Cars
    Ferrari 458, Model 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec3VR6 View Post
    Whew those numbers are off the hook. You've got some kind of wednesday motor to make that kinda power with out cams headwork or FI. Good Stuff!

Is this what most S52's are putting down with similar mods?
    thanks! i don't see many other e36 M3s putting down numbers like this with the same mods - definitely not the same amount of torque. there's a huge list of them in the thread stickied at the top of this section with lots of dyno info for lots of e36 M3s: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=454142

that thread will give you a good idea of what to expect with similar mods.

SOLD

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    wanna bet?
    yes, i do.

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...&postcount=205

and i'm going back next spring with a new Dr Vanos Stg1, 3.5" Silicon Intake Elbow, ceramic coated or wrapped obdII headers/another header if i find a good deal to a custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust...shooting for 245whp/230wtq (figuring most torque gains from not having a lazy Vanos)

My Cars
    ESS 625++
    Nice numbers.

Why do the images look identical, yet you dynod at two different facilities?

How did you get the first and second run overlayed, yet you had them done at two different shops?

the graphs i've seen usually have the dyno places name and facility info at the top. Both graphs look the same without information.

your info is also missing SAE corrections.

my friend's mustang dyno made my sons sohc civic post a 200 hp/150 tq run and print out because he had a 2.0 corrrection factor.
    ESS 625
    RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

My Cars
    Ferrari 458, Model 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyfizzle View Post
    yes, i do.
    man, just when i was thinking i got rid of a few nay-sayers with this thread i end up gaining another one. well, despite the fact that i've beat stock e46 M3s many times, let's look at the facts...

i pulled 242rwhp/232rwtq on that dynojet
    a 335 with catback exhaust pulled 259rwhp/262rwtq on that same dyno
    we know e46 M3s dyno about the same rwhp as stock 335s
    that's a 17rwhp difference between me and the slightly modded 335 and to make it more pronounced i have my car weight reduced to 2880lbs as verified by a digital scale. what do stock e46 M3s weigh? ah yes, 3415lbs and that's without any options added to it.

so we've got a 17rwhp difference benefiting the e46 M3, but a 535lbs weight disadvantage for it.

i think you can do the math but if you can't, don't worry, i've added you to the list of people i inform when i post more videos and timeslips. i have also beat them with my stock front (power, non-heated vaders) and back seats installed which would still put my car in at around 3000lbs...still at least a 415lbs advantage for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyfizzle View Post
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...&postcount=205

and i'm going back next spring with a new Dr Vanos Stg1, 3.5" Silicon Intake Elbow, ceramic coated or wrapped obdII headers/another header if i find a good deal to a custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust...shooting for 245whp/230wtq (figuring most torque gains from not having a lazy Vanos)
    so what did other cars pull at that same dyno? your numbers are worthless without adequate comparisons like i provided. do you at least have a stock base line run for your car at that dyno? was the mustang dyno set on inertial mode or variable load mode?

also maybe i'm just blind, but i didn't notice anything about SAE correction on your dyno sheet. if i view my dyno with STD correction instead of SAE i get 248rwhp/238rwtq and results will vary depending on conditions present at the time of your dyno run, so that's definitely an important factor to take note of.

and finally, your lack of belief in my car being faster than a stock e46 M3 makes me think you haven't beat them and therefore aren't making near the amount of power i am.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrón View Post
    Nice numbers.

Why do the images look identical, yet you dynod at two different facilities?

How did you get the first and second run overlayed, yet you had them done at two different shops?

the graphs i've seen usually have the dyno places name and facility info at the top. Both graphs look the same without information.

your info is also missing SAE corrections.

my friend's mustang dyno made my sons sohc civic post a 200 hp/150 tq run and print out because he had a 2.0 corrrection factor.
    i took screen shots from the dynojet reader program so that it was easier to see the results. all the graphs i posted are from the same facility on the same dyno. the graphs i posted are also all SAE corrected and have 0 smoothing as stated in the top right of each graph. i included the files available for download so you can see all this info yourself. if you really want i can take pictures of the graph printouts; they will just show the same stuff but harder to read.
    Last edited by jworms; 08-05-2007 at 05:48 PM.

SOLD

My Cars
    Audi RS4. BMW S1000RR.
    his dynojet numbers are accurate, ive seen in person a friend 98 m3 make 237whp without the track pipe but he had pullies, so its not a stretchto seen jworms making 242whp.

240whp with his mods isnt outlandish. its on the higher end of the spectrum but other cars have hit those numbers.

now before he stated he had 250rwtq which absolutely isnt possible with those mods and thats where at least i saw some problems.

My Cars
    E30 M3, E36 M3, E90 M3,
    Nice numbers! Like I said in the other thread, it is tough to get an S52 to make 250rwhp without having cams and headers. I think with your MAF plugged in and a good tuning you can squeez out a few more hp.

On a side note, what's up with all the smoke dude? On your last video your car is producing more smoke than my bong man!!!
    Last edited by mpower001; 08-05-2007 at 08:06 PM.

My Cars
    Ferrari 458, Model 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mpower001 View Post
    Nice numbers! Like I said in the other thread, it is tough to get an S52 to make 250rwhp without having cams and headers. I think with your MAF plugged in and a good tuning you can squeez out a few more hp.

On a side note, what's up with all the smoke dude? On your last video your car is producing more smoke than my bong man!!!
    heh, i was wondering about that too but then i figured it was my crank case oil vent which is currently venting to the atmosphere. i'm working on fixing how that's all setup in the near future. but uh yeah...don't drive too close behind me or you'll get a nice coat of oil vapors on your car

i think 250rwhp is definitely obtainable without cams and headers. i think if i get my MAF/tune issues fixed and delete my traction control i should be in that neighborhood on that particular dyno.

SOLD

My Cars
    E30 M3, E36 M3, E90 M3,

i think 250rwhp is definitely obtainable without cams and headers. i think if i get my MAF/tune issues fixed and delete my traction control i should be in that neighborhood on that particular dyno.
    Tune I can see helping but what hp gains would the traction control delete make? If you shut it off it's off man!!

My Cars
    Ferrari 458, Model 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mpower001 View Post
    Tune I can see helping but what hp gains would the traction control delete make? If you shut it off it's off man!!
    it restricts the intake's airflow. by removing it completely and replacing it with something like this:

there have been gains of around 5-8rwhp: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...28#post5331628

SOLD

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    so what did other cars pull at that same dyno? your numbers are worthless without adequate comparisons like i provided. do you at least have a stock base line run for your car at that dyno? was the mustang dyno set on inertial mode or variable load mode?
    there were no other M3s but a stock 07 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs dynoed right after me (within 5 minutes of my last pull) and got 108whp, low for the car's 173bhp, whereas most dynojets would put it somewhere around 120-130whp (assuming a pessimistic 25% drivetrain loss is around 130whp and change) as, like most mustang dynos, it reads much lower than a dynojet on average.

and no, i don't have a baseline, but i do to find out how much a Dr Vanos stage one helps out a tired old s52 vanos

and finally, your lack of belief in my car being faster than a stock e46 M3 makes me think you haven't beat them and therefore aren't making near the amount of power i am.
    damn, i wish i were as cool as you.

fact of the matter is, with a good driver, an e46 m3 WILL annihilate a modded e36

Quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M3#Performance_3
    E46:
    0-60 MPH - 4.8 seconds
    1/4 Mile - 13.1@105 MPH (U.S. model Car and Driver, March 2003)

whereas IIRC the stock E36 M3 Magazine numbers are 14.0@99 and 0-60 in 5.6

you need to have alot of work, and/or slicks to pull almost a full second faster in the quarter mile...

just saying...

most e36's with mods like ours run mid to high 13s, which is respectable, but not as fast as e46's, i'm sorry.

My Cars
    E36 M3 coupe
    benny have you ever raced an e46?or even driven one?Our cars sure as heck can keep up and pass them with mods.Don't forget one car weighs 300 lbs less

My Cars
    Widebody 95 & 97 M3s
    great #'s!

My Cars
    E46 M3 6MT
    benny have you ever raced an e46?or even driven one?Our cars sure as heck can keep up and pass them with mods.Don't forget one car weighs 300 lbs less
    Have YOU ever driven one? I love the e36 just like everyone else, having just recently owned a 95 with every bolt on and a 3.38, but I know for a fact it would get destroyed by my e46. On the street I have raced e46 convertibles and coupes, with plenty of luck toying with them, so I understand where you are coming from. But on a track, against a competent driver, it would be a different story. It would be a miracle for a NA e36 with bolt on's and stock tires to run a 13.1, which e46's can do all day in stock form.

Jworms, nice numbers, congrats man. Are you going to consider cams?

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    yes, i have raced two e46's, first time i held my own, but got pulled on, on one of the very first nights of owning the car, second time wasn't too dramatic either, i went from being nose to nose to being half a CL or so back...but you knew who was pulling on who...they have a 6spd, and a better torque curve that extends an extra ALMOST 1k rpms, the extra 100bhp or so doesnt hurt either.

sure they weigh more, but from my experience, e46's are considerably faster than e36's.

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK0arqRhB6M

not too dramatic, but you get the point

My Cars
    E30 M3, E36 M3, E90 M3,
    I put bus lengths on a moded 95!!!

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    ...srsly

i mean even cammed out s50/2's put down 270whp at best, but have a super shitty powerband/torque curve compared to the s54...it's a better motor, though the euro e36 b30 will *keep up* with an e46 with the weight advantage, but the b32 evo will put a whoppin on an e46 afaik...the us motors...not so much, and whoever you guys were racing either dont know how to drive, they have smg and it's tired, or there's something very wrong with that e46...but if you'd like to prove me wrong there's a shit ton of e46 guys near you who probably wouldnt mind pwning the shit out of you, take vids, oh and get a new maf if yours is broken, unless you do standalone and switch to map based, which would be senseless on an s52, it IS dangerous as your car really has no idea how much air is coming into the engine, meaning in the hot you're probably running rich as hell, and in the cold you're going to lean out...its just not safe...

My Cars
    E36 M3 coupe
    My car must be a beast then becuase my friends e46 can't pull on me.Im neck to neck with my brothers stage 2 s4 up to 100 with him pulling a cl by 125.

and I have driven the e46 many times,its doesnt feel as solid as my car(sorry e46 guys)and it felt heavy in the twisty's

I also had a diff and pretty much all the bolts on minus cams when we ran.

My car is getting redone at the moment with a few new things.I have a 3.64 lsd on order(3.38 pinion gear blew up)and were messing around with the M50 manifold to try and speed up velocity to get back some low end grunt.

I am really thinking about cutting 3 inch of the runners and were trying to throw a velocity stack before it to see if it makes a difference.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast