Thread: Turner diff mount kit

My Cars

Turner diff mount kit

whats the consensus on this for a street car?

Ive been reading and it seems to be a huge mixed bag.

Some say its fine for a street car and others say its too harsh especially if you have softer trans/engine mounts?

Also read of some people saying the delrin cracked on them...weird.
    I happened to buy a bunch of bushings from a previous owner(they are all new ) and this kit was included. Im gonna replace my diff bushings(as I have a clunk...the bolt is fine. Its the bushings)
    and I am having second thoughts. Still have oem trans/engine mounts and will until this summer.

I think it should be ok but wanted to hear pros or cons for this kit.

Also have a radowski kit I will weld on (hopefully soon).

NeilM is offline Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    96 M3, 15 Golf R, 18 Q5
    Failure to replace bad diff bushings is the likely root cause of breaking diff bolts. Get this done as soon as you're able.

For a street car the stock bushings are more than adequate. Delrin has almost no compliance, will increase NVH substantially, and will need to be inspected regularly. Neither the Radowski nor the Active Autowerke kits are necessary for ordinary street use.

Neil
    96 M3 track car, stock diff bushings

My Cars
    1989 Geo Metro
    Explain why you need delrin bushings on a street car?

My Cars
    re read my post where I said I bought a box of bushings from a forum member and this kit was included....

I have the kit , so I might as well explore the option to use it(since my bushings do need to be replaced now). NVH doesnt concern me(and since i plan to keep the subframe OEM) it wont be a big deal imho. Ill be running oem rtabs with limiters... Not sure which engine/trans combo i will go with yet.

I was just looking for experience with this kit(and i searched. not any objective reviews about it)
    just a bunch of hearsay, bs talk and lectures about nvh when using harder materials

and I already have the diff support. Its cheap and easy. I will install it. the car will start to see track time next yr..though it is still a street car.
    Certain things I dont mind spending money on this car. the $35 diff support is one(and not expensive). i also ordered a stewart pump to so I dont have to deal with it again(likely).
    I wont go with a zionsville rad set up. the cost to benefit ratio on that is a bit high imo.

everything is a trade off and everyone spends their money how they want to. Ill generally give good thought into the route I go for whatever part I buy.

This thread was asking for thoughts on the kit itself..from people who have run the kit.
    Not your opinion on what is necessary for a street car. Obviously the oem bushings can do the job, but I have this kit and will use it as long as peoples experiences with it have been good. if it leads to other broken parts or something like that, then I will pick up something else.
    Last edited by breakfast; 10-27-2010 at 05:33 PM.

My Cars
    1989 Geo Metro
    Gotcha. That makes sense. Free bushings FTW

My Cars
    sorry , I didnt mean to come off as an ass or like I was scalding you.
    I was just talking in general about things ive noticed on here lol.

i got them, so may as well give them a go?(as long as its relatively safe to do so) I was just looking for feed back.

If i had a graf waterpump...I wouldnt give that a go because they are crud quality and plenty of failures around.

So i figured id see if someone who has run these has anything negative to say about it...but I cant seem to find anything.
    what the heck. i guess ill try em out. hopefully it doesnt lead to something else failing miserably.
    Last edited by breakfast; 10-27-2010 at 11:52 PM.