Thread: Mini Cooper S John Cooper Works Package

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Thumbs up Mini Cooper S John Cooper Works Package

Here some info I copied and pasted...

<div align="center">###</div>

MINI COOPER S JOHN COOPER WORKS PACKAGE DEBUTS IN GENEVA
    03/03/2003

Performance Accessory Package to be Available For U.S. Customers This Spring
    Woodcliff Lake, NJ March 3, 2003.... At the 2003 Geneva Auto Show, MINI announced an exciting enhancement to the MINI Cooper S for the U.S. market - the John Cooper Works package. The exciting 200 hp. Cooper S package will be coming to our shores this spring.

Developed by the legendary John Cooper Works company, the unique warranted package will be sold exclusively through MINI dealers and will include a reconfigured cylinder head, uprated supercharger along with special engine electronics and a performance rear silencer. This enhancement takes the regular 163hp MINI Cooper S to over 200hp. Detailed U.S. specifications and pricing will be forthcoming.

John Cooper Works is no ordinary aftermarket company. Since the 1940s, the company has produced celebrated racing cars, notably the front-engine Cooper Bristol driven by Fangio and rear engine Coopers for Formula 1, driven by Jack Brabham, Bruce McLaren and Stirling Moss. Under John Cooper's direction, the Cooper Car Company won consecutive Formula 1 Constructors' World Championships in 1959 and 1960.

The Cooper name is forever entwined with MINI, originating with the 1961 MINI Cooper, which was developed by John Cooper. John recognized MINI's inherent motorsport potential and his team produced cars that took numerous race titles, and the MINI Cooper S became the stuff of legend with 3 Monte Carlo Rally wins between 1964 and 1967, driven by greats such as Paddy Hopkirk and Rauno Aaltonen. The Cooper company continues to produce aftermarket parts for the classic MINI and played an active part in the development of the new generation MINI Cooper . John Cooper passed away just as the new car came to market and the company is now run by his son. Michael.

Jack Pitney, general manager of MINI USA said: "We are thrilled to be bringing this exciting package to the U.S. Mini's regular specification cars are exhilarating to drive in themselves, but the addition of this unique package takes the MINI experience to a whole new level."

Note: The Cooper version of the John Cooper package will not be offered for sale in the U.S. market.

BMW Group In America
    BMW of North America has been present in the United States since 1975. Since then, the BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales and financial service organizations for the BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce brands; DesignworksUSA, an industrial design firm in California; a technology office in Silicon Valley and various other operations throughout the country, including BMW Manufacturing Corp. in South Carolina. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 340 BMW car, 327 BMW Sports Activity Vehicle, 148 BMW Motorcycle retailers, 70 MINI car dealers and 27 Rolls-Royce motorcar dealers. BMW US Holding Corp., the Group's sales headquarters for North, Central and South America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.

<div align="center">###</div>
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    Spaceship
    I wonder if it can be retrofitted to US models...hmm...
    -Jarrett

'04 Scoobaru STi
    Cobb Stage 2 Accessport, HKS 3'' Catless DP, Helix 3'' Catback, Progress Coilovers, Cobb 25mm R. Sway, Cobb Formula Street/Track Pads, Whiteline Diff. Bushings, Rota Torque 17x8 w/ Hankook RS-2, Omori 60mm Boost Gauge, Ricer Wing.

My Cars
    WRX
    Damnit. We (Cooper people) always get shafted with the mods. BMP hasn't even realeased their Cooper intake yet and their MCS one has been out for almost a year!

My Cars
    '93 Eagle Summit Wagon
    I talked to the dealership and before you even posted this, he told me right out that they are introducing this later in the year.. He said for about 5k.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Originally posted by Kyle K.
    Damnit. We (Cooper people) always get shafted with the mods. BMP hasn't even realeased their Cooper intake yet and their MCS one has been out for almost a year!
    I thought I remember reading somewhere the Mini Cooper will have a turbo kit available this month that'll push 200HP.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2010 335i :2009 328i
    I think the aftermarket industry is just trying to keep up with demand for Cooper stuff.

BMW Cigar and Gun Club #20
    2010 Triumph Street Triple R

My Cars
    WRX
    The Cooper already has a turbo kit. Go to www.minimania.com and you can check it out. The problem is the FMIC requires part of the front end to be cut off to fit. Also, the kit is very expensive.

My Cars
    -
    Dullinger also has a turbo for the Cooper.

I've also read, somewhere, that someone is going to a turbo on a MCS. I wonder how that ends up. If I find the link where I read that (MINI2 probobly) I'll link it up here.

Here is a pic of the Dullinger Turbo.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    BMW Z3 Supercharged
    Kevlar, thanks for the link. My dad has wanted a Mini Cooper S and this will only sweeten the deal

stjobs