Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics: E30 S38 project with king size turbo

My Cars
    Lancia Thema V6

Pics: E30 S38 project with king size turbo

From Sweden offcourse.

My Cars
    1980 Firebird
    Holy Dog Poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    “If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual State. In a single State, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.” – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

My Cars
    skateboard
    Fully insane. What tranny are you going to use in it?
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    95' M3, 98' M3/4
    Hahahaha. I love how very big HP build from Sweden is always put into a very small car. Why don't they use a E34 then tub that?

My Cars
    93 325iS
    Maybe because of weight?

My Cars
    '90 329is 2.9L M50,
    I want to see under the rear suspension.
    1990 BMW 329is 2 Door Alpineweiss II
    Fully built 2.9L Stroked M50
    My 2.9L M50 Build

My Cars
    1980 Firebird
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGmA View Post
    Maybe because of weight?
    does weight really matter that much when you can fit the turbo over your head?
    “If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual State. In a single State, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.” – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

My Cars
    e46 m3, e28 m5
    What size turbo ais that? Can you say LLLAAAGGG.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    does weight really matter that much when you can fit the turbo over your head?
    Yes. Weight always matters.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeE36 View Post
    Yes. Weight always matters.
    +1 Besides e30's are like the HIV...once ya get one theres not gettin out

Lag is overrated, theres something called downshifting
    95 M3, 5.3 LS, PTE 7675CEA, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
    10.4@136 Pump gas at 3530lbs.

Build thread
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...LS-Turbo-build

My Cars
    e46 m3, e28 m5
    Lag isnt overrated when your dealing with that big of a turbo.

My Cars
    99 M3 *Turbo*, 56 VW 2.2L
    turbo looks bigger than the damn motor hahaha
    CP Pistons
    Eagle Rods
    T67 Turbo
    Lots and lots of custom goodies and 666 fab schtuuufff

05/01/07 RIP pops

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by tsweers89 View Post
    Lag isnt overrated when your dealing with that big of a turbo.
    Id rather have a laggy 9 second car than a responsive 11 second car

Build thread

My Cars
    e46 m3, e28 m5
    That is def true. although i hope youll be racing on the highway most of the time otherwise the lag is going to kill you. It also All depends on what your using it for. Like if it was a circuit car i bet a reponsive 11 sec car would take it. Im not saying this isnt awesome. it most certainll is. Im just sayin there is goin to have to be a lot of lag.unless a 2-step or anti-lag is used i guess. But that wouldnt be used on the street that much.

My Cars
    95' M3, 98' M3/4
    That is def true. although i hope youll be racing on the highway most of the time otherwise the lag is going to kill you. It also All depends on what your using it for. Like if it was a circuit car i bet a reponsive 11 sec car would take it. Im not saying this isnt awesome. it most certainll is. Im just sayin there is goin to have to be a lot of lag.unless a 2-step or anti-lag is used i guess. But that wouldnt be used on the street that much.
    You can reduce lag with anti lag, 2 steps, downshifting, brake boosting, good exhaust systems, good flow before the head and after. Just saying its going to be a lag monster without seeing all the other parts is just saying a girl is a whore the 1st time you see her.

My Cars
    TRM Stage 1.34
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    You can reduce lag with anti lag, 2 steps, downshifting, brake boosting, good exhaust systems, good flow before the head and after. Just saying its going to be a lag monster without seeing all the other parts is just saying a girl is a whore the 1st time you see her.
    She is.

Laggy is relative, of course. I could deal with a lot of lag in a drag car, not so much in a daily driver.
    No PMs. Email through forum please.

My Cars
    95' M3, 98' M3/4
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    She is.

Laggy is relative, of course. I could deal with a lot of lag in a drag car, not so much in a daily driver.
    What you don't like to have great gas mpg when trying to spool that huge turbo going WOT?

It would be great. And then when you wanted to get up and go, oh my that would just be nuts.

My Cars
    e46 m3, e28 m5
    You wouldnt hook at all and unless you were on the freeway by the time you would hit boost you would be at the next stop light. There going to be lag no matter what he does. It just comes with a big turbo.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    You wouldnt hook at all and unless you were on the freeway by the time you would hit boost you would be at the next stop light. There going to be lag no matter what he does. It just comes with a big turbo.

Yes, its laggy.. Yes its a drag car.

End of discussion as far as real world apps / street driving / circuit blah blah... its clearly a drag car.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGmA View Post
    Maybe because of weight?
    Cars are light when they have nothing in them - the VS E34 is the fastest car I have ever seen with a somewhat of an interior. Can't be THAT heavy and running in the 8's, or was it 7's... I forget.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post
    Id rather have a laggy 9 second car than a responsive 11 second car
    Hell yeah JV!!!

Coming from a laggy car - I am sure if once I am tuned and all I had slicks, etc, etc,etc it'd be quick... but having a big turbo on the highway cruising and then just getting up and going is a blast, daily driver or not!

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post
    +1 Besides e30's are like the HIV...once ya get one theres not gettin out

Lag is overrated, theres something called downshifting
    The E30 wheelbase is not idal for drag racing. Too short ... big power plus short wheelbase = shitty short times.
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    BMWs and 'Yotas
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeE36 View Post
    Yes, its laggy.. Yes its a drag car.

End of discussion as far as real world apps / street driving / circuit blah blah... its clearly a drag car.
    thank you.

if your first comment after seeing that car is its going to be laggy.... I really dont know an insult that fits the level of stupidity.
    Reigning and Longest Tenured OT President to Date

My Cars
    Two VW A2's and one E30 [new to me]
    Somehow I find it hard to believe a 3.8 off boost would be a bad daily driver. Hell it would be faster off boost than the M20's that cam in them stock ha ha . Then when it spools it will be faster than the space shuttle. People get stuck on this magical word LAG. Lets face it before boost you are running a slightly detuned N/A version of the engine.when you up displacement in a car that small then you def have nothing to worry about. a bit of lag makes traction too less you forget.

1990 A2 GTi 20V swap with a GT35R 350 + WHP on pump. 84 325e-M50 soon to be 50 trim

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    The E30 wheelbase is not idal for drag racing. Too short ... big power plus short wheelbase = shitty short times.
    Not to mention how much fun it is keeping a short wheelbase car with marginal traction in a straight line

Build thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast