Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Window Tint %. What looks the best??? Post pics if you can...

My Cars
    325is
    Quote Originally Posted by PavelK313 View Post
    Anyone knows why I got pulled over four times in the last two month, because they thought I am a gang member?

I want what you got. Those are nice but with my spontaneous erratic driving ill get 25 tickets a day.

I think im gunna go with 20's all round. Maybe 15's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
    cops in nj can be pretty d!ckish about tints. i used to have 30 all around, dark but not limo dark, got the job done but it's way too obvious you're tinted.

if you want something more subtle or oem-ish, consider 50%. you can still see through it from the outside but it has a slight tint to it and blocks out sunlight. if you want something that's more noticeable aesthetically, consider 40%. 40% front and 30% rear would look great in my opinion. at night, you really can't see through 30% unless your face is pressed against the window.
    I think it depends on the light two cause a 20 can look like a 5 at times and sometimes you can also see right through them.

ps. I wanna see some mirror tints.

Quote Originally Posted by S373N View Post
    thats good news that it won't effect my insurance. i've read on here that having a black interior helps to make the tint look darker, is that true?
    Probably because the color black absorbs light and beige reflects it. So with light interiors your getting light to be reflected from the inside out which makes the lighter.

Thats just a guess.
    Last edited by That Fly 325i; 05-31-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    --Shwartz II 325is--
    Go: Bilstein Sport Shocks/Bav Auto Coils, KMAC adjustable camber plates, Eibach Lowering springs, TMS Aluminum RSMs w/ TMS reinforment plates, M3 sunflowers
    Show: ZHP shift knob, M3 floor mats, Pioneer Heady
    Coming soon/wanted: 3.23 tabs of LSD, Black Vaders, s50.

My Cars
    fast ones
    i have 35% on my SUV, when i first got it, it looked dark, but once it cured it seemed a little lighter

you also have to take into account the color of your car, with black/black, 35% is going to look darker than on a white car.

however, i would strongly recommend 20%, it looks sooo perfect

My Cars
    2007 328xi
    35%:

[| CQ7String - Boston, MA
    [| Cage: 2007 TSM 328xi E92
    [| Toy: 2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal
    [| BMW CCA #419164
    [| Admin: Metalguitarist.org

My Cars
    325is
    Quote Originally Posted by HotBox View Post
    5% in the back and 10% on the sides... If i had to do it over again I would go lighter, it's no fun getting followed by the cops. I think 5% in the back and 20% on the sides is perfect/ or 20% in the back and 35% on the sides would look good

Here is my friends with 5% in the back, 20% sides and 50% front (dope)

Where you from in CT dude? Fairfield area by any chance?

Im about to get some tints and im going darker then 35 but i have a feeling im gunna get tailed by 5-0 for it.
    --Shwartz II 325is--
    Go: Bilstein Sport Shocks/Bav Auto Coils, KMAC adjustable camber plates, Eibach Lowering springs, TMS Aluminum RSMs w/ TMS reinforment plates, M3 sunflowers
    Show: ZHP shift knob, M3 floor mats, Pioneer Heady
    Coming soon/wanted: 3.23 tabs of LSD, Black Vaders, s50.

My Cars
    2003 325i 5-speed sedan
    I have 50% on the front windows and 15% on the back.

2003 Steel Blue 325i 5-speed sedan - ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

My Cars
    i liked my black out. I had 3% all the way around on my last ride.

My Cars
    Corvette C4, 2G DSM
    I'd just like to say the E38 in post #15 looks terrific. The best pre-facelift E38 I've seen. I don't know if the BBS RC's on it are perfect for the car, but it's definitely unique.

My Cars
    Too much crap
    5% all the way around with molskin tracts and Llumar tint

Originally posted by pup "yeah. stick to pedophilia, racism, misogyny, homosexuality, the disabled and the poor"
    Originally posted by
    Aindriu "It is made to be a crusing machine. Top down, cruise control on at Autobahn speeds, bit of classy music and an attractive woman in the passenger seat with the IQ of a peanut."

My Cars
    911 + E31
    35% all around = purrrfect

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    1992 Mazda Prote
    Just know, if you go illegal and you get stopped by a real jerk of a cop, he may take a razor and slice your films of tint, plus a ticket. Cops around here do it all the time to "teach you a lesson".
    What I want:
    e46 BMW
    Black, White, or Silver
    Black spoked rims with chrome lip
    Angel eye headlights

My Cars
    '99 Cosmos M3
    15% on black/black looks amazing. Friend has 5% and it looks even better but its tough to see out at night and he getting pulled over non-stop for it.
    99 Cosmos ///M3/2

NJ

My Cars
    91 535i; 00 323it
    After 18 years, the tint on my E34 is starting to bubble. I'm thinking of going with the green tint I've seen on some old school South African BMW's.
    E34 Mods: OEM Coin Holder / Cup-Holder / Rubber Mats / Seat Covers / Warning Triangle / Sachs-Boge 750il bushings / Windscreen reflective sunshade / OEM Euro-spec Hella lamps to be installed soon.

Looking for OEM 15 or 16" basketweaves & cassette holder.

My Cars
    03' E46 M3
    I have 30% on my car and am very happy with it. Definitly keeps it cooler inside.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    mt 325ia
    I would stick with whats legal. At least here the're really strict about it. We used to be 20% max but now it's 32%. They WILL pull you over for just tint here. A couple years back 2 officers got gunned down because they couldn't see in the rear windows to know the men had their weapons ready so they're really strict about it here and will make you pull it off before the car is allowed on the road if you're caught.

Personally I think no tint looks by far the best unless its a large lux vehical.
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

My Cars
    '92 325is
    Wanting to go 20%/5% on my black coupe. dove interrior. 50% is allowed on fronts in ohio though. anybody have pictures of a black coupe with 0%/5%? Thats probably what i'll end up with..
    Alpine X-305 w/ipod. Mtx 5.25" and 6x9's. M3 front bumper. Clear fogs. 6000k Dj Auto's. New Roundels. Seat Covers. K&N replacement air filter. Weighted Shift Knob. Shift/Ebrake boots. Steering wheel cover. Dyed black carpet. Brakes and resurfaced rotors. LED license plate bulbs. License plate cover. Turn signal bulbs. Some fuses. Spark plugs. Fuel filter. Gaskets. Outside door handle trim. Refinished wheels. Exhaust gaskets. Headliner and pillars.. Tint and paint soon.

My Cars
    M3|X5|M Roadster|Tundra
    Just to give you guys an idea

35% on my ZHP

My Jetta with 30%. Just actually got done this week. And yes it is dirty, washed it right after taking these pics

My old A4: 20%

My dad's E32: 5% all around

It really makes a difference what color your interior is and how much light is coming into it. My A4 had an all black interior, and with 20% it was very dark. My parent's X5 has the beige interior with 20% all around and it looks as it is 35 or 40% because there is a lot more light coming into it.

Wow just realized this thread is quite old
    Last edited by GR330ZHP; 01-12-2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2012 BMW M3 Coupe, 6MT (summer fun)|2017 Toyota Tundra 1794 MGM (DAILY)
    2015 BMW X5 35i, M Sport, AW/Mocha (Family hauler)
    2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster, Silver Grey Metallic/Black

My Cars
    Arctic Silver 328i
    20% for Arctic with Dove? Anyone have pics of this combo?

My Cars
    e36 M3 sedan
    I like 35% all the way around. Dark enough to be worth the price of tinting, and light enough to where cops can see through it.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 320i
    I would put 35%. if its too too dark you wont be able to see anything reversing at night

My Cars
    Avus M3
    I like my windows completely clear but if I tint it it'll be 35% all around. I think coupes look bad when the tint in the rear mismatches the tint in the front. It's either all the windows or none for me.

How's visibility at night with 35% on the front for those who have that setup? I'm thinking about tinting mine for this summer but am unsure on whether i'll like it or not. Also, for CA people, have you been harrassed by CHP for front tints at all? I have no front license plate and haven't had any problems.

My Cars
    2003 325i 5-speed sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Phore View Post
    I like my windows completely clear but if I tint it it'll be 35% all around. I think coupes look bad when the tint in the rear mismatches the tint in the front. It's either all the windows or none for me.

How's visibility at night with 35% on the front for those who have that setup? I'm thinking about tinting mine for this summer but am unsure on whether i'll like it or not. Also, for CA people, have you been harrassed by CHP for front tints at all? I have no front license plate and haven't had any problems.
    I have few problems with night time visibility with 15% on my rear windows, but if you're concerned about the CHP then stick with 50% which is what I'm running on my front windows.

You're lucky on the front plate, I was busted a few years ago for no front plate on my old E30.

I used Revolutions Mobile Tint for my car...www.revtint.com

2003 Steel Blue 325i 5-speed sedan - ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

My Cars
    2003 Nissan Altima
    apparently here in nc the legal tint is 35% on front and back but when my grandparents moved up here they had to get the tint of the front windows of their Lincoln town car lightened because they wont pass you during the safety inspection if its lower than 35% they didnt care about the back windows though.

My Cars
    s52 e30, e36Ms, e46M
    5% all around with 35% on the front windshield

in the last pic you can barely see the parking decal i have hanging from the rear view mirror
    Check out my details and paint corrections!

www.theautospallc.com

My Cars
    Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
    15% Rear windshield, 20% All sides... Never had a problem with the tint from CHP when I drove it around (havent driven it in about a year).

My Cars
    2000 740i Sport

I went with 35% since it's visibly decent yet not so dark as to get the polices' panties in a bunch. I agree that mix/match tint between front/back windows looks odd. In my state I don't think any tint is allowed on the front windows (for a car at least) but I really don't care. My 97 was tinted in the same manner and I drove it for a year and half with no issues so I figured I'd tint this one too and just hope for good luck again lol.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast