RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Oil Pressure Sender Ohm Range

My Cars
    04 330iZHP, 05 325iT

Oil Pressure Sender Ohm Range

VDO gauges use senders with US spec (240-33) or VDO propriatery spec (10-180). I know that E34 M5 oil temp senders work with VDO gauges. I would also like to use a M5 oil pressure sender (because it's alot smaller than the VDO sender). Does anyone know if they use the US or VDO spec ohm range?

I tried the M5 pressure sender with a VDO gauge from BMP, but it didn't work. Maybe I need to get a US spec gauge?

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Do you mean by not work that the indicator doesn't move or is pegged?

If the latter case, you could measure the current to the guage from the sender and use E=IR to determine which resistor you can use in series to get the range to match. Probably trial and error, but you need only to find where the pointer zeros assuming that when idle (engine off and ignition in position 1 or 2), that it sits below zero.

Just trying to help, but I imagine you've already thought of this.

:
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681