Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Cars
    Formerly 03' 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
    I don't get past putting the phone (iphone) in pair mode, and turning the ignition to position 2. Nothing ever shows up on the phone, and if you select telephone from the nav system it just says "please wait". I think it's a unit without BT even though it has a PK. Some of the early ones were like that. I even tried disconnecting and reconnecting the module. I did notice that out of the 4 fakra connectors on the other end, only 2 were hooked up.
    For some reason my 4.8is has a ULF (not TCU), you could try pairing via ULF method: depressing the pair button (the car's) for 10sec, THEN turn on ignition. Pair mode is signified by all 3 leds flashing.

BT didn't come into play on TCUs until 05 on the E53 iirc. I was somehow lucky with a ulf.

Though it is strange you had the red light, which shows you should be able to pair a phone.
    2003 BMW 540i [Sterling Gray / Gray]
    [Msport] [Mods from A-Z] [Two-Tone Interior]

Stuff For Sale :
    All types of E39 OEM Used HVAC Buttons
    Other E39 Parts, see my ebay! [Click]

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dking078 View Post
    For some reason my 4.8is has a ULF (not TCU), you could try pairing via ULF method: depressing the pair button (the car's) for 10sec, THEN turn on ignition. Pair mode is signified by all 3 leds flashing.

BT didn't come into play on TCUs until 05 on the E53 iirc. I was somehow lucky with a ulf.

Though it is strange you had the red light, which shows you should be able to pair a phone.
    Yeah, I know it's really strange. Oddly enough I have a ULF in the 03 M5. And it must have been dealer installed because the last 5 of the VIN show up when pairing, and I don't need to use the pairing button to make it pair. On the X there isn't a pairing button at all. Also, when you press telephone there's 2 buttons at the bottom. One says emergency and the other is a phone reciever symbol.
    Last edited by amancuso; 10-10-2017 at 07:55 AM.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    PS When I press the r/t button on the wheel the MID says "Phonebook Empty!"
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12