Thread: Oil and Battery light came on...searched

My Cars
    TS ///M3, 94' 740IL

Oil and Battery light came on...searched

I searched

I have a E36 M3. My oil level is right around where it should be and it was serviced with redline synthetic about 2 days ago when I had aa's charger installed. I was crusin at around 80 and my oil and battery light both came on; so I pulled over immediately to shut it off and the lights went away at idle. I took off again and later down the road(5 min) they both came back on and went off again. The car seems to be running fine, and no check engine lights or anything, but I thought that was weird. Anyone know what this could mean? safe to drive?

My Cars
    1971 c10
    i'm going to guess but it sounds like a bad ignition switch. just a guess. those are the lights that come on with position 1 of the ignition. if the switch is bad it could do weird things like that. sorry position 2. key on engine off.

My Cars
    1998 M3
    i had the battery and oil light turn on after a quick 80mph run, but it stalled ..

My Cars
    TS ///M3, 94' 740IL
    Quote Originally Posted by tEckniks View Post
    i had the battery and oil light turn on after a quick 80mph run, but it stalled ..
    Thanks for the help guys. It has not happend since. Mine also came on after a quick dash up to about 80 or so. Did your car just start back up? Things are cool with it? Guess it must have been a stall then or something since it has not happend since.