Thread: Replacing rear plastic window

Question Replacing rear plastic window

Has anyone replaced a rear plastic window in their convertible top?
    I have the zipper type that you would think would be any easy job. Can't find replacement windows to zip in and the dealers want my first child too! Anybody figured this out yet and have a more reasonable alternative?
    1990 325ic

My Cars
    97 540, 89 535,85 4runer
    I can't help but i would like to know the same thing, I need a new window too. I didn't know that the 90+ had windows that unzip mine dosn't.
    Oh wait, was she a great big fat person?

My Cars
    97 silver 328is
    yeah mine doesn't zip either but i got a nice gash in it that i'd like to fix. i heard that you can't replace just the window anymore but that was before you just said there are versions that you can zip so ..........
    "The koalas are so hungry they are eating pine needles," "What will tourists think of a habitat of denuded trees with desperate, starving koalas roaming the damaged landscape?"

My Cars
    2015 640i Convertible
    Skip the dealers! I have taken my convertibles to shops that specialize in upholstry and/or roofs. I haven't had a BMW done, but I had a plastic window replaced in my '79 Triumph Spitfire about five years ago, and I seem to remember it costing around $200 including labor and everything. Since the zippered BMW designs are very similar, I'd guess that they would not be substantially different in price.

I have now forgotten the name of the shop, but it's in Palo Alto near East Palo Alto just east of 101 and north of the Embaradero Road exit...