Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got in a chase this morning...

joenationwide is offline Makes Cars Dance BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 M3 (GTS2), 99 M3

Got in a chase this morning...

Im driving West on Rt.7 today towards Leesburg, VA. I am stopped at a light, 2nd in line in the left hand lane. As the light changes, we get up to speed (about 60-65mph), and Im pacing the car in front of me. There is a black Altima coming up fast behind me, and I notice no one is in the middle lane, so I stay behind the lead car so the Altima can go by unfettered in the middle lane.

As the Altima passes me, I get the middle finger from him. Feeling that this gesture was unwarranted, I follow him. He then proceeds to go full throttle, and I stick to him. At about 100mph, I pull up to his rear bumper in the adjacent lane, and he slams on his brake and swerves to almost hit me. We go through several [green] lights at increasing speeds of up to 120mph. I know this is poor etiquite and probably scaring the other drivers [fortunately light traffic], but I wasn't going to let this guy go.

Well, after another mile, I backed off to around 85mph, and he continued at over 100mph. Up ahead, I see the light turning red, and he was forced to stop in the middle lane. As I was rolling up on him, I pulled in to the right hand lane to pull along side him. Once I got about 300 yards from him and closing, he took off THROUGH THE RED LIGHT, and continued to speed into Leesburg.

I never thought I would chase someone, but I wanted to let him know that I thought his gesture was inappropriate. Maybe if someone else sees him you could let him know. It was a Black Altima 2.5, like an 02-05 MY, tinted windows, VA Plates KCU-2699.

My Cars
    96 328
    1) street racing/chasing is bad mmmmmkay?
    2) what a doosh, but then again its Nova, and its full of shitty drivers so why bother.

If i had a penny for every time someone gave me the finger, cursed at me, or was an asshat to me on the road, I'd be almost $10 richer i suppose, lol. Still why bother, you have a red, loud car, if you push like that eventually you will be caught, and I'm sure a ticket for 120 in a 55 would suck.

My Cars
    I lost count
    Kick his ass, Seabass!

Just think about what they could have knocked you for if you were caught. Reckless and offensive driving, road rage, etc... they would have put you in a straight jacket, stuck you in a circle padded room and told you to sit in the corner.

My Cars
    Z3 5-Speed Roadster '97
    Quote Originally Posted by joenationwide View Post
    Up ahead, I see the light turning red, and he was forced to stop in the middle lane. As I was rolling up on him, I pulled in to the right hand lane to pull along side him. Once I got about 300 yards from him and closing, he took off THROUGH THE RED LIGHT, and continued to speed into Leesburg.

I never thought I would chase someone, but I wanted to let him know that I thought his gesture was inappropriate. Maybe if someone else sees him you could let him know. It was a Black Altima 2.5, like an 02-05 MY, tinted windows, VA Plates KCU-2699.
    UFB! God you hate to think about that poor cross traffic driver getting ready to die after seeing crap like that. for the black altmia driver dying is what every- natural selection is good.

Yesterday comming out of WV on RT9 had 3 cars in front- 1st guy turning left and 2 oncomming cars. Dip shit woman in suv pulls out to pass the bunch I guess- wtf was she thinking. I lay on the horn and let her in front of me all the while laying on the horn so EVERYBODY know how stupid she is. Why don't natural selection work anymnore?
    'Sweetness Tres' M44, 1.9L Z3 5-Speed Roadster '97 Boston Green 66K Smiles Mine
    'Sweetness Too' M52, 2.5L Z3 5-Speed Roadster, '00 Jet Black 165K Smiles 2022 Gone Ins Co Total in Jan 2022- Right Front Collision - Paid $8850 !!
    'Ol' Black Betty' S52, 3.2L ///M3 5-Speed Vert '98 Cosmos Black 265K Smiles Wifeys
    M50, 2.5L 525i E34 Tragi-matic '95 Sedan Alpine White III 238K Smiles Was Daughters Mine Again
    'Gretchen' M30, 3.5L 535i E34 Tragi-matic '90 Sedan Glacier Blue/Indigo 144K Smiles 2018 Gone & I miss her
    'Sweetness' M44, 1.9L Z3 5-Speed Roadster '96 Boston Green 264K Smiles Was Mine Ins Co Total in Jan 2013- Rear End Collision - Paid $4800 !!

My Cars
    1995 E34 S52, 2013 X5d
    It seems like anyone will give the finger and act like a complete moron these days. I especially love it when someone blatently cuts off/pulls out in front of me and I simply shake my head and I get the finger. I mean, why the hell are you telling me to F*** myself when you're the idiot?

Thats why I respond to the finger with a thumbs up...

...That is unless they give me the double middle fingers.

My Cars
    91 318i
    -removed-
    Last edited by fliplap; 10-10-2021 at 05:30 PM.

My Cars
    Old, Slow Vert.
    Let me make sure I understand this.

In Va..the Commonwealth..of all places..where they will toss you IN jail and can arrest you ON THE SPOT for traveling at triple digit speeds...

A guy gives you an "inappropriate" gesture....and you felt the "need" to chase him at 120mph on Rt 7?? WTF?

What were you going to do to him once you caught him? Am I missing something here?

My Cars
    Old, Slow Vert.
    "maybe if someone sees him you could let him know that what he did was inappropriate".

WTF? Hahahaha.

The OP HAS to be under the age of....21. HAS to be. Im putting money on it.

My Cars
    Old, Slow Vert.
    (after spotting random guy in the Altima)

"DUDE! YEAH YOU! YOU GAVE THE MIDDLE FINGER TO SOME INTERNET GUY DRIVING A M3 EARLIER. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT...THAT..HELL, IM NOT SURE WHAT IM SUPPOSED TO SAY TO YOU WHILE WE SIT HERE AT THIS STOPLIGHT SWEATING AND YELLING THROUGH CAR WINDOWS"

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    There is something very important to keep in mind when you encounter a fool on the road.

VIRGINIA IS A RIGHT TO CARRY STATE.

You need to treat EVERYONE you encounter as if they had a loaded pistol in the vehicle.

Joe

My Cars
    95 M3 (GTS2), 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by lseguy View Post
    "maybe if someone sees him you could let him know that what he did was inappropriate".

WTF? Hahahaha.

The OP HAS to be under the age of....21. HAS to be. Im putting money on it.
    Maybe you should take the time to get an idea who you are insulting. Since you've only been on Bimmerforums for 4 months, why dont you spend a little more time learning who are the noobs vs. who knows his shit. Spend some time reading posts and not being such a know it all smart ass.

Oh yeah, Im over 21 how much money do I win from you?

My Cars
    97 740il
    It's better to avoid road rage because in the end you accomplish nothing and idiots will remain idiots. Your safety and especially of those not involved in the incident is much more valuable than anything else.

My Cars
    stuff
    The OP is at least 75. He's bald, has to be. .

Scott: To change the tone of this thread, are you serious about Nats?

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    Im driving West on Rt.7 today towards Leesburg, VA. I am stopped at a light, 2nd in line in the left hand lane. As the light changes, we get up to speed (about 60-65mph), and Im pacing the car in front of me. There is a black Altima coming up fast behind me, and I notice no one is in the middle lane, so I stay behind the lead car so the Altima can go by unfettered in the middle lane.

As the Altima passes me, I get the middle finger from him. Feeling that this gesture was unwarranted, I follow him. He then proceeds to go full throttle, and I stick to him. At about 100mph, I pull up to his rear bumper in the adjacent lane, and he slams on his brake and swerves to almost hit me. We go through several [green] lights at increasing speeds of up to 120mph. I know this is poor etiquite and probably scaring the other drivers [fortunately light traffic], but I wasn't going to let this guy go.

Well, after another mile, I backed off to around 85mph, and he continued at over 100mph. Up ahead, I see the light turning red, and he was forced to stop in the middle lane. As I was rolling up on him, I pulled in to the right hand lane to pull along side him. Once I got about 300 yards from him and closing, he took off THROUGH THE RED LIGHT, and continued to speed into Leesburg.

Dude, just IGNORE these things.. so what he gives you middle finger??? does your life suck all of a sudden???

would it have been nice if the cop had pulled you over and put you in jail??? would that have been worth it?

My Cars
    135i
    The OP is clearly as immature as the driver who flipped him the bird.

And honestly, man, what were you going to do once you "caught" him? Jump in his car and make nasty love to him?
    E82 135i: Alpine white on black leather; ZSP; ZCW; iPod/USB
    Previous Bimmers owned (from last to first): E46 M3, E34 540i/6, E30 325iS, E34 525i, E30 318i

My Cars
    stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnoes View Post
    The OP is clearly as immature as the driver who flipped him the bird.

And honestly, man, what were you going to do once you "caught" him? Jump in his car and make nasty love to him?
    It is absolutely hilarious that you are calling anybody immature, especially Scott. Get outta here. *Waits for remark about how I drive a slow POS*

My Cars
    lol...

and you guys say the WC folks are retarded
    "If you can leave black marks from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." --Mark Donohue

My Cars
    95 M3 (GTS2), 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsui View Post
    It's better to avoid road rage because in the end you accomplish nothing and idiots will remain idiots. Your safety and especially of those not involved in the incident is much more valuable than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonoz View Post
    Dude, just IGNORE these things.. so what he gives you middle finger??? does your life suck all of a sudden???

would it have been nice if the cop had pulled you over and put you in jail??? would that have been worth it?
    You're right. I dont mind admitting it was not the best thing to do. Clearly it was not a wise decision to chase someone at that speed for nothing. Im not championing the cause of chasing down people. But being human, sometimes you just react, has everyone here never let an emotion cloud judgement? Its not that I was furious, I was pretty chill, but I wanted to make the guy re-think flicking someone off. I wasn't going to pull the guy out of the car and try to get violent.

But when he tried to run me off the road, yeah, I got a little unnerved, and thats when the speeds climbed so high. I haven't done that speed on the highway for a long time. I'll admit it is irresponsible, and the consequences are not worth it.

My Cars
    96 328
    scott, you are a lot like your daisy "no, really she is friendly"

*dog growls and barks at person, then kills a rabbit*

lol

My Cars
    red poopbox
    oh......sorry about that scott.

how do you like my new beater!?!??!

Element Tuning - 2008/2009 NJMP Redline Time Attack/Formula X Champions [Street & Modified]
    RightFootDown

FS: E36 OEM fogs | UUC Chromoly RLCA's

My Cars
    95 M3 (GTS2), 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by orijinal poser View Post
    oh......sorry about that scott.

how do you like my new beater!?!??!
    oh that was you? you sumbitch!

My Cars
    2011 m3 4-door; 2016 x5
    You should have punted to guy....
    99 Dakar M3

My Cars
    95 M3 (GTS2), 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by spazegun2213 View Post
    scott, you are a lot like your [dog] daisy "no, really she is friendly"

*dog growls and barks at person, then kills a groundhog*

lol
    wow, that is a really good analogy.

i am usually nice and laid back, until the instinct kicks in.

My Cars
    e46 e86 e70
    Next time just get in front of him and start throwing pennies out the window
    Ashley

My Cars
    Old, Slow Vert.
    but I wasn't going to let this guy go.

I wanted to let him know that I thought his gesture was inappropriate. Maybe if someone else sees him you could let him know.
    These are the specific quotes that are killing my spleen from laughter. Especially the red part. (aside from the fact that the guy was driving a 4 cylinder Altima..and yet, he was consistently in the lead. WTF? And what are we supposed to "let him know"? That his 4 cylinder econobox smoked a modded BMW M3? WTF?)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast