Thread: How to upgrade MK3 Nav to software version 5.0

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740IL

Smile How to upgrade MK3 Nav to software version 5.0

Hi, i am trying to find out more information on upgrading my current Navigation software from version 3.0 to 5.0. I have done a little research and found out that the MKIII nav system now has a version 5.0 software available. I am currently running SW 3-1/30 and am looking to upgrate. I called the dealer, but as usual, they have no clue. Is there a free download to get the latest version? How difficult is the ugprade? What about a CD key, where can I get this. Anyone has any information on this, would really help me out. Thanks in advance. Robert

My Cars
    01 740iL w/Sport Package, 01 Lightning, 01 HD F150
    looks like yor question has already been answered here also: http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/bmwnav/
    '01 740iL with Sport Package born on SEP 27, 2000
    EXTERIOR: SCHWARZ 2 (668)
    INTERIOR: STANDARDLEDER/BEIGE E36 SANDBEIGE E (N6SN)
    100% OPTIONS (0660)

My Cars
    01 740iS; 88 325iC; 84 633csi, 00 Navigator
    Go to http://www.x5world.com/articles/all-...ng-system.html and you'll find everything you need!
    2001 740i Sport Black on Black, 16:9 Nav, Basslink, M-Pars, Chrome Strong Strut, Quad Brake Lights, Crystal Tails, Solaris Signals and Back Up Lights, Power Folding Mirrors, Chrome Guage Rings, Chromeline Headlights, CCFL DDE's, Euro Rear Fog Light Switch, Carbon Fiber Pedals, RevHigh CAI, M5 Style Trunk Lip Spoiler, Blacked out '97 Grills, White and Black C.F. Roundels, HID Fog Lights, Magnaflow Street SS 14816 Mufflers, DICE HD Radio, iPod, Sirius Satellite, Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors, New Painted Calipers, SS Brake Lines, MKIV Nav Computer. Coming soon: Bluetooth.
    1988 325iC Triple Black, in restoration process.
    1984 633CSi Black on Black - Shark Perfection

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740IL
    Thanks for the info. I think I have what I need to get the job done. BTW, I love these msg boards, awesome way to find out information and talk to peeps that love their car as much as I love my new ride. Keep it up.