Thread: Automatic & Manual Transmissions - Need to learn to play nicely together!

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Exclamation Automatic & Manual Transmissions - Need to learn to play nicely together!

Folks... I'm really tired of hearing how people here are unresponsive/disrespectful towards people who have automatic transmissions. Whatever the reason for the choice of an automatic transmission... you need to understand that constant abusive of their threads and posting dumb replies does not help the situation.

Automatic transmissions are a way of life... if you don't like them, that's fine, but there is no need to crap on their threads or cars.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2014 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
    Thank you. I have a huge problem reading people bash other peoples cars just because of this. And no I dont have an auto but theres no room for it and its totally pointless.
    RLTW

My Cars
    97 M/3/4/6
    I have an auto, but i also only payed 5k for it a salvage repairable yard... whos gunna pass up an m3 for 5k? ive still got less than 9k total invested including the price of the car. i would much prefer a 5spd, considering there is very little stop and go traffic jammish style driving. even when i start UTI they run their schedule so that the students dont have to deal with the morning, mid day, or night traffic.

how about we make it plain and simple...

M3 FTW!

My Cars
    Old, Slow Vert.
    Manuals are great, and the approx 12% of the US population who own/drive manuals will agree.

My Cars
    04 M3 (SMG) 97 M3/4
    I find it humorous that people will argue about transmissions as if it's Right to Life vs Pro Choice.

It's a friggin transmission for crying out loud.

Please don't draw your conclusions about a person's character by their choice of transmissions.

Now sedans vs coupes is another story all together!
    jetmech3421: Saving pilot's lives, one flight at a time

My Cars
    1997 Estoril Blue M3 sedan
    they both have their ups and downs, we've all driven both before (hopefully), theres a reason why they have different names. And both should be respected, not because of the tranny type but because of the M. wow that sounded cool.

1997 Supercharged M3 with $15,000 worth of DINAN
    products and more... 0-60 in 4.6 is fun