Thread: Misfire at idle - 95 328i

My Cars
    1995 328i Black 2 Door

Misfire at idle - 95 328i

Hey everyone

I have a strange problem with my car. Ever since my mechanic changed the spark plugs during a service my car sounds like it misfires at idle. It only does it when it is warm and sounds normal before that.

He has spent heaps of time on it and has tried changing the coils, cleaning the injectors and throwing a new set of spark plugs in it with the same issue.

I have been told that it is not throwing any codes and this is making it hard to diagnose. It is not running lean or rich.

Has anyone got any advice for me. I am thinking it needs new O2 sensors but am not sure. Could it be the ICV (when I mentioned that the mechanic said it would only be that if there were issues with all the cylinders)

In case it matters I have an aftermarket intake/exhaust.

Cliffs. Car makes a backfire noise at idle after warming up since spark plug change.

Lighting: Red/Clear tails & Clear Side Markers/Umnitza Chromium Angel Eyes/6000K H1 Prolumen HIDS/White LED Interior Upgrade
    ICE: Alpine Amps/Subs/HU Focal Fronts & Splits Eclipse Rears Custom sub boxes.
    Styling: Black/Chrome 97+ Grills

My Cars
    1998 528i
    there is possibly a leak in the intake after the MAF.
    There is a hose that runs into the underside of the intake manifold, check to make sure its not loose or cracked.

My Cars
    1995 328i Black 2 Door
    Thanks Steven. I will check that out tomorrow morning.

Lighting: Red/Clear tails & Clear Side Markers/Umnitza Chromium Angel Eyes/6000K H1 Prolumen HIDS/White LED Interior Upgrade

My Cars
    1995 328i Black 2 Door
    Checked and that hose appears fine.

Anyone else got any suggestions.

I am thinking I will get the O2 sensors in the headers done and try and clean out the ICV

My Cars
    2007 328xi
    check all of your vacuum hoses, my elbow was ripped and the whole car would shake at idle lol. otherwise i have no idea, when my o2 sensor was bad all it did was throw a code and i didnt get very good gas mileage (13 mpg)
    Retired - 1992 325i black/black
    Sigh - boring cars
    Current - 2007 328xi

"The official thread starter of the "Official thread ender" Thread"

My Cars
    98328iC 08SprintST
    have you found what's causing this? I have the same problem

My Cars
    08/91 BMW 325i
    i hav the problem some times.. lol

08/91 BMW 325I - fabbed intake - chip - Koni shocks and struts w/ Eibach prokit made for a 95 M3

My Cars
    1995 Cosmos M3
    This just started happening to me. Have you tried the new O2 sensors yet?
    ex-1995 Cosmos M3 Coupé - deck spoiler / koni struts + shocks / x-brace / clears / unstaggered contours / yokohama avs es100 / alu thermostat housing / emp water pump / porterfield r4-s pads / gc rtab shims / bavauto ss brake lines / fdm / ie rsm plates / kicker sub + box + amp / sylvania silverstar lows / lamin-x / loc-tite'd opn / lots of refurbishing
    Retired - mason strut brace / jl stealthboxes / tms chip + hfm / s&b filter + outerwears / ecis heatshield / alpine 9835 + aux
    E36 ///M DIY & Tech - Door Handles / Underpanel / Coolant Hoses / Gear Ratios / 3.5" Intake / Lower Chain Tensioner / Threaded Starter / IAT Sensor / 24# Injectors

My Cars
    98328iC 08SprintST
    I finally fixed my misfire sympthoms with the new ebay coils and new NGK BKR6EQUP pkugs. what a difference, Idle is rock solid, burbling after lifting a throttle is gone, disturbing noise in cyl # 5 gone