Thread: E46 M3 vs E92 M3

My Cars
    X3 3.0

E46 M3 vs E92 M3

I put together an article on my blog with some side-by-side pictures showing the E46 M3 vs the upcoming E92 M3. I also made a poll, I was wondering which model people will prefer.

Here is the link and tell me what you guys think. I'm only comparing the design right now and not the the new engine or performance.

http://edbmw.com/blog/2007/06/20/bmw-e46-m3-vs-e92-m3/

My Cars
    07 335i Coupe 6MT
    Those voting for the old style probably own it...the new one is way better looking.

My Cars
    M6, X5, Z3, M3, M5
    Quote Originally Posted by IrvRobinson View Post
    I put together an article on my blog with some side-by-side pictures showing the E46 M3 vs the upcoming E92 M3. I also made a poll, I was wondering which model people will prefer.

Here is the link and tell me what you guys think. I'm only comparing the design right now and not the the new engine or performance.

http://edbmw.com/blog/2007/06/20/bmw-e46-m3-vs-e92-m3/
    Hello "IrvRobinson":

Well, let's limit it to only the design of the tail lights.

Perhaps not.

When this becomes available, I will look at the vehicle considering all aspects.

Performance, cost, ... well mostly performance. That and if the wife is going to be in Europe again. (2 for 2 so far.)

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    e92 is meaner looking, if cost were no issue, that would be my ride.
    Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    '10 Mazda6
    Not that I'm in the market, but if I was and both were for sale at the same time and the E46 M3 had it's current price and the new E92 M3 was 5-10k more (like I'm sure it will be) then I would buy the E46. I like the body better and it's plenty fast enough for me.
    Current:
    2010 Mazda6iT
    2007 Honda CR-V EX-L
    2009 Kawasaki Concours14 Black (my true summer ride)
    1996 Honda Nighthawk 750

Past:
    2007 E90 335i-6MT-SG/Black/Al-ZPP-ZSP-Navi-Heated-CA-iPod-Blacklines
    2002 MB C230K Coupe
    2000 Altima SE (Ugh...)
    1990 CRX Si (the one that got away)

My Cars
    08 M3, 09 GSXR 600
    Quote Originally Posted by aftp302 View Post
    Not that I'm in the market, but if I was and both were for sale at the same time and the E46 M3 had it's current price and the new E92 M3 was 5-10k more (like I'm sure it will be) then I would buy the E46. I like the body better and it's plenty fast enough for me.
    I agree. Saw a silver 2005 M3 w/ 20" wheels today. I forgot I was driving my 335i.

My Cars
    X3 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by nm335 View Post
    Hello "IrvRobinson":

Well, let's limit it to only the design of the tail lights.

Perhaps not.

When this becomes available, I will look at the vehicle considering all aspects.

Performance, cost, ... well mostly performance. That and if the wife is going to be in Europe again. (2 for 2 so far.)
    so you have already done an European Delivery?

Isn't that amazing? I drove a 750LI on Autobahn but i rather drive an M3

My Cars
    M6, X5, Z3, M3, M5
    so you have already done an European Delivery?

Isn't that amazing? I drove a 750LI on Autobahn but i rather drive an M3
    Hello "IrvRobinson":

No. You got it wrong. It is negative reinceforcement. I am tired of the wife going to europe and wasting money. So, about a year ago when she went, I bought the X5. A few months ago when she went again, I bought the 335i. Perhaps she will learn, perhaps not.

My Cars
    07 335i Coupe 6MT
    Hello "IrvRobinson":

No. You got it wrong. It is negative reinceforcement. I am tired of the wife going to europe and wasting money. So, about a year ago when she went, I bought the X5. A few months ago when she went again, I bought the 335i. Perhaps she will learn, perhaps not.
    LOL, that is the work of a wise man.

My Cars
    X3 3.0
    Hello "IrvRobinson":

sorry to hear that.

But I still think it's a great experience to get the car there. Do it and go without the wife lol

My Cars
    M6, X5, Z3, M3, M5
    sorry to hear that.

But I still think it's a great experience to get the car there. Do it and go without the wife lol
    Hello "IrvRobinson":

No interest in seeing poverty and ignorance. IE no interest in most of Europe. No interest in cavity searches and endless delays. IE no interest in airline travel.

Wife has gone on at least two trips to Europe per year for the 175 years we have been married (Oh, you mean the actual, not the perceived years!). Getting tired of her telling me that she needs to go to Florence for the 7th time (what is up with that David statue? I thought he was supposed to be Jewish!). Or her telling me she needs to visit the Louvre for the 5th time (perhaps the Mona Lisa no longer smiles?). Or her telling me that she needs to visit Venice for the 4th time (perhaps the canals no longer stink?).

Then there would be Paris...

Don't even get me started on her trips to England and Scotland.

My Cars
    318i Lux Convertible
    What can I say, she loves me..... I mean my car!

Old Skool, New Skool.... I never went to School!

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    Hello "IrvRobinson":

No interest in seeing poverty and ignorance. IE no interest in most of Europe. No interest in cavity searches and endless delays. IE no interest in airline travel.

Wife has gone on at least two trips to Europe per year for the 175 years we have been married (Oh, you mean the actual, not the perceived years!). Getting tired of her telling me that she needs to go to Florence for the 7th time (what is up with that David statue? I thought he was supposed to be Jewish!). Or her telling me she needs to visit the Louvre for the 5th time (perhaps the Mona Lisa no longer smiles?). Or her telling me that she needs to visit Venice for the 4th time (perhaps the canals no longer stink?).

Are you sure she is not visiting Antonio and Phillipe?
    Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    X3 3.0
    Hello "IrvRobinson":

I would have to disagree with you on certain points, but this not the place nor the right time.