Thread: shop??

pbclax423 Guest

shop??

i need a recommendation for a very very educated shop. I'm looking to do a lot of pure motor work to my bmw and dont know where i can take it. I love in west palm beach, but will go as far south as Delray Beach, and as far North as Palm Beach Gardens.

I have a mechanic who has general knowledge of the car, but cannot give me opinions and such. Any help is appreciated since the e36 forum doesnt show any help.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    redline bmw
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

pbclax423 Guest
    isnt that in pompano?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Is it in pompano... but that's as far north as my knowledge goes for the mechanical expertise I think you are looking for.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    '01 325, '89 325is ks car ;-)
    What are you looking to get done?
    Patrick Spikes

Guinness, not just for breakfast anymore

pbclax423 Guest
    ac compressor blew, and i want to delete the fan altogether. I had a brand new fan put in with a new shroud about 5-10k miles ago and theres only like 3 fan blades left on there. IDK how or why. Fan delete includes new water pump, t-stat&housing + collant flush& refill. I also dont wannt spend an arm leg, hand and foot on this.

If redline is the only place to go, and they arent too steep on prices... (my family mechanic has never failed me with this car and gets 65$/hr labor + discounted parts from his brothers junkyard) i guess i have no choice... anybody have a location?.. what crossstreets?

My Cars
    97 M3
    If you just want some thing local and basic , then check out Avenue Imports , just north of Forest hill , on georgia ave .

I had my car there a while ago( 1+ yrs) , and they did an excellent job, in a short amount of time , for a fair price.
    I had em do a water pump, power steering pump, and chain tensioners . everything works great since .

then there was this old german mechanic guy who must of known what he was doin .
    they are usually really busy and a nice honest shop

My Cars
    2008 740il
    http://bmwmechanicboca.com West Palm beach can check out the BMW Autonerd BMW mechanic in Boca Raton